Deleted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted1048553

Deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're not missing out on much, clinics are easier

Maybe inquire/tell with scheduler or pharmacy manager that you are ready to work regular shifts.

Does manager not like you? Shouldn't need to worry on burning a bridge by asking to work.

So I am doing flu shot shifts mostly too, and I was told you are supposed to stay away from the prescription workflow. Like if you are not actively doing a flu shot, go and find some. DM does not want you helping.

Also they said they want staff/manager doing flu shots as much as possible when second pharmacist comes in... And in that case you would be doing bench work. In my case, I leave it up to the regular pharmacist to decide if he wants me on bench or doing flu shots. It ends up being 50-50.

In short, I guess I don't see this as a big problem for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
They already know that I want to work regular shifts. Unfortunately, they can't find coverage to fill all the clinics so I am stuck doing the clinics.
I don't think it has as much to do with the manager not liking me, as the manager is very strict on things and doesn't really like giving up any control.

The first couple shifts that I did this flu shot surge shifts, I didn't help in the pharmacy. I did it the way we are supposed to do it. Fitting rooms and roaming the store to try to get people to get the shot when we were slow. But the pharmacy was drowning the entire time so they didn't want me doing that anymore.

How sad. You have a diploma, a license and a job but aren't really practicing pharmacy.

I can guess the corporate goal for your position is literally 100's of flu shots a day. I am also going to guess the reason behind the position is anticipated increase in demand for vaccinations because of COVID 19 and also that vaccine when it becomes available.

I am curious as to why you went to pharmacy school with the current market saturation. Care to share?

The flu shot hours kicked in Sept 8th. You only had 3-5 of these shifts so far. You will get plenty of chances to do different type of work.

If you look at it from the manager's point of view, it is more efficient to have you do flu shots rather than him. Would the pharmacy not drown as much if you were behind the bench?

If you're getting paid, who cares? If I had an opportunity to avoid the bench, I would enjoy. You will be there soon enough and regret it.

Reactions: 1 user
They already know that I want to work regular shifts. Unfortunately, they can't find coverage to fill all the clinics so I am stuck doing the clinics.
I don't think it has as much to do with the manager not liking me, as the manager is very strict on things and doesn't really like giving up any control.

The first couple shifts that I did this flu shot surge shifts, I didn't help in the pharmacy. I did it the way we are supposed to do it. Fitting rooms and roaming the store to try to get people to get the shot when we were slow. But the pharmacy was drowning the entire time so they didn't want me doing that anymore.

Just plan for your next step after clinic season. Will you be staffing at this store or floating or staff elsewhere?. This is a good chance to make a great impression on DM, PIC, Scheduler by just doing what you are told. Firm up work plans with those individuals post clinic and just bide your time in clinics.

The scheduler is the key to getting lots of work at CVS in different locations from my experience

Status
Not open for further replies.