delete

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmdeep

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
delete

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You need an NPI. Get one, it’s an easy process. For covid vaccines the pharmacist on duty is the provider.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not where I am. Those vaccines can only be given at a pharmacy through a protocol, and we have a specific protocol doctor. Not sure about NY though

NY is the same: protocol required for all immunizations. State of emergency allowed pharmacists to order covid vaccines but I know there was an issue a few months ago where that expired and there was uncertainty among the independents about whether they could still do so. The chains all used protocol doctors for covid shots anyway.

NY is the same: protocol required for all immunizations. State of emergency allowed pharmacists to order covid vaccines but I know there was an issue a few months ago where that expired and there was uncertainty among the independents about whether they could still do so. The chains all used protocol doctors for covid shots anyway.

Meaning like, you go to the doctor's office next door, speak to the doctor, ask them to sign a standing order for vaccines based on a protocol to be followed by the pharmacists?

Meaning like, you go to the doctor's office next door, speak to the doctor, ask them to sign a standing order for vaccines based on a protocol to be followed by the pharmacists?
Being at a chain, I'm pretty sheltered from the specifics of setting one up. But yeah, that's my general impression. I know PSSNY had set up a protocol agreement for members too but I don't know the specifics there either.

Riddle me this, Batman.... When is a provider NOT a provider? When they're an immunizing pharmacist required to have an NPI!!!!