DeepScribe Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Painologist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with DeepScribeAI? I'm a new private practice attending with increasing volume who is looking to increase note writing efficiency and take less work home. I'm currently dictating my notes, which I do quickly but not quick enough. I'm also considering converting an MA into a scribe. I recently came across DeepScribe AI and did a demo with them. Seems intriguing and effective but is quite expensive and requires a 1 year commitment.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
How expensive was their quote? Ambience Healthcare is another similar company in the space, newer, and may be cheaper if you want to explore quotes from them.

I can't speak about DeepScribe AI, but Nuance DAX is the same thing and definitely does a great job with documentation. A couple attendings at my fellowship use it and, though I am not sure of the specifics, one of them said it ends up being $5 per patient which seems like a decent deal. Not sure how that works though (i.e. they pay a set amount, like $10000 for 6 months or something, and the number of patients they see in that time ends up making it work out to $5 per patient, or if he just pays a flat rate of $5 per patient no matter how many he sees). Planning to talk more about it with him next I work with him.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure these work accurately but the majority of what takes time with notes is fluffing them up to meet criteria which I don't know if AI can help with

Reactions: 2 users
I was just going to post a question about scribes. I had an MA who was great for scribing, but left for a real estate career. Current MAs just don't have a real grasp on writing in complete sentences, getting the correct information in the chart, etc. :( I'm interested in hiring a scribe and would appreciate any information from people using remote scribes, scribe America, etc. thanks.