Experience with Durolane?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oneforfighting

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have the option of either using Synvisc One or Durolane. I don't have any personal experience with Durolane although a brief lit search shows that it may be slightly superior to Synvisc. Curious what folks have noted in the real world.

Members don't see this ad.

Have only done a couple injections with Durolane, but 's probably better than Synvisc One. The pseudoseptic rxn rate with synvisc was significantly higher than any other visco we use. No issues with Durolane in my limited experience.

Reactions: 1 users
I prefer Durolane for no reason other than it's HMW and you can buy it at reasonable cost.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
From what I read on it, seems like a good product. I thought it was very expensive though last I looked? Over $800? I thought after cost of billing it looked like a pretty sizable loss.

From what I read on it, seems like a good product. I thought it was very expensive though last I looked? Over $800? I thought after cost of billing it looked like a pretty sizable loss.

It is expensive but probably PBM or whatever got them on the formulary to make it preferred, and the other ones aren’t covered/preferred