Decided

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

onearmbandage

Reaction score
Decided

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would say that if you want to match gas definitely go for VCU or Creighton. CUSM is a super new school and not well established as you said, and with step being pass/fail, you want to go somewhere well-respected to stand out. VCU seems like the best option price-wise and residency-wise. If I were you I would find great comfort in the guarantee residency in specialty of choice so I'd do that. I'd say VCU>Creighton>CUSM.

You would be to do gas from Creighton Phoenix. Don't know the details about the guaranteed residency, but that might be a competitive process and far from a sure thing (if you wanted gas specifically out of their options). Same thing for the 3 year program. Would be nice to know the requirements since that's usually for a primary care speciality and you may decrease your competitiveness for IM fellowship (if you wanted a more competitive one like heme/onc or cards that requires more research productivity).

As someone whose matriculating to VCU as a Californian, Creighton is the choice here, closer to family, you can most definitely match gas from creighton, as for the 3 year residency at VCU, I have heard that it is rly tough to actually go thru with the whole thing so I would not bank on that

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.