December CPJE 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JJPharmDM

Reaction score
Last Predate was dated 11/22/18. Starting a new thread for test taker in December. Hope this new tread get support from those past test taker giving study material advices for those taking exam soon. Best wishes to those taking it soon or those awaiting results.

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you who have passed or failed if you login in Psi website and click retake what does it show. just want to know if there is different. Thank you

Congratulation everyone that pass! Anyways this forum tread should discontinue,since batch has ended. I like to thank JJPharmDM for all his advice. Helped me pass my exam and those who attempt to start study group with me, although it did not work out. Best wishes!!!

Congratulation everyone that pass! Anyways this forum tread should discontinue,since batch has ended. I like to thank JJPharmDM for all his advice. Helped me pass my exam and those who attempt to start study group with me, although it did not work out. Best wishes!!!

Thanks a lot for the shout out. I started a new tread for future test taker and those who did not pass this batch. Good luck everyone!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who have passed or failed if you login in Psi website and click retake what does it show. just want to know if there is different. Thank you

Just fyi, I just tried clicking on the "retest" and it led me to the "demographics" page allowing me to re-register (even though I passed). So, I guess there's no difference on PSI.

We haven’t received our scores why do you discontinue it?

Reactions: 1 users
I wanted to thank everyone on this thread for Nov/Dec/Jan test takers who posted updates as well as their experiences. I have relied on this thread to help me calm my nerves and relate myself to many of you who have the "post-exam aftermath syndrome". I received my result in the mail today and I am very humbled I passed my first attempt. I would like to pay it forward by sharing how I studied and hopefully it may help those who are re-applying. I took the CPJE 2 months after my NAPLEX and although I scored triples, I did not feel confident in taking the CPJE right after my NAPLEX. Instead, I re-read the RxPrep for NAPLEX book three times (did not skip a single chapter) and worked on my brand/generics every day (more emphasis on drugs with multiple indications). Then I read the RxPrep CPJE summary three times and did the corresponding quiz banks more than once; not to memorize the answers but to understand the question. For those of you who think I must be out of my mind for going through the book that many times, but it was actually an advice handed down to me by one of my preceptors . It might not work for everyone but if you are like me who depends on repetition to have important concepts instilled, it will pay off. I read all the self-assessments recommended per RxPrep and the newest publication of "The Script", which is located on the Board's webpage. These are all the resources I used, I hope you guys will find it helpful. Regardless of your attempt this cycle, I wish you guys the Best of Luck and surround yourselves with positive people after the exam and keep praying (it plays a magnificent role). Congratulations to everyone who received their green letters!

Anyway for me to find out my score, out of town till next week and suspense is killing me???? any place I can call or website i can check?

Just fyi, I just tried clicking on the "retest" and it led me to the "demographics" page allowing me to re-register (even though I passed). So, I guess there's no difference on PSI.
Yes when I do c
Anyway for me to find out my score, out of town till next week and suspense is killing me???? any place I can call or website i can check?
we are in the same situation and we have to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday Monday is public holiday. I am going crazy

I am from out of state - do any of you know of CPJE tutors or any resources your CA pharmacy stools offer for prep? I'm hoping 3rd time is the charm for me, as I found out today I did not pass my 2nd attempt. Needing to find additional resources to make the 3rd time THE time! Thanks in advance for any tips/resources!
I used CPJE Rxprep 2018 (around 100+ pages)
Self-assessment forms (hospital/outpatient/wholesaler)
Also Quizlet
Weisman (not help much, a lot of typos)
I strongly suggest read Board of Pharmacy Law 400+ pages (I didn't have time to read cux of work schedule -- but most of my questions were from there)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who live in LA, has anyone NOT received their results yet? I live in LA and just checked my mail, but I haven’t gotten the letter yet... Just worried that it might’ve gotten lost or something....

For those of you who live in LA, has anyone NOT received their results yet? I live in LA and just checked my mail, but I haven’t gotten the letter yet... Just worried that it might’ve gotten lost or something....
I have not received anything yet either. I live in Ontario. Today was a holiday MLK day, so hopefully we'll get something in the mail tomorrow..

Well that seem really unfair. I sent out my letter the next day as well and they still took over a month or 2 to approve. Set me back a year in my life, relocate family, lost of job position. I call every week and they always turn me away and say take 45 days etc to process.

If you don’t mind me asking what type of employment is it? I like to write a complaint as to how CBOP is running their exam program as unfair practice. Making people wait long extended times to retake, get exam score, etc
From my experience- The predate was in Sept. 2018, and I got the actual score in the mail early of Oct. (I found out I failed). Then I submitted my application for reexam (since there was no change in my information within a year, I only filled out a form, affidavit, and a check of $260). It took about 10 days or less for the Board to cash my check. Near the end of November, I got my ATT - and then I scheduled the exam for December 21st. Got the result on January 19th,2019. The whole process can take up to 4 months or so per each CPJE exam. Maybe they want to regulate the amount of pharmacists to be licensed per year - to delay oversaturation.

2500E13F-F59A-4765-94B2-0BB61C6ED664.jpeg
I got my informed delivery today is this dark or white?

If anyone is waiting, location from east coast, please post if u got your results. I’m at work until midnight and anxiety is killing me!!!

Have you got Informed Delivery yet?

Received my Informed Delivery at 9:06am (later than usual too). There's no mail for me so it looks like I'm going to have to wait another (excruciating) 24 hours at least. FML.
:boom:

FYI, I live in SD.

Ugh, nothing for me here in IL. Anyone who took it in January find out their results? Wondering if I would still be considered part of this batch since I took it "late" compared to some of you (Jan 04).

Congrats to all who passed! Amazing job! I am so jealous

Ugh, nothing for me here in IL. Anyone who took it in January find out their results? Wondering if I would still be considered part of this batch since I took it "late" compared to some of you (Jan 04).

I took mine jan 5. I think we should be a part of the batch

I opened my green letter I got 86 First Attempt. I used Pass naplex now for law portion and RXprep for clinical. I did my Naplex in August. I didn't go through the whole book again for RXprep I just did major topics, I started studying for CPJE on December 15th and I took it on 27th. I have a kid so I wasn't able to start during day I only studied for 2-3 hours at night. Although I watched PNN videos for law two times that's it I didnt even read the book because the video were soo good that i remembered everything from the video. I also looked up top 300 drugs on quizlet and did those. I didn't do any practice questions or quizzes. God did this for me there is no way I would have passed without him since I didn't have time to study. Goodluck everyone pray and fast if you can!!!!

Hello Guys I passed Today 80(3rd attempt). God is good. I can say I roughly went thru the rxprep book the first two times and thought that was enough. But the third time I was determined to know everything. Still walking out I missed around 10 questions. It was a hard exam random questions but what I did was
  1. Pass Naplex now- Do the entire video course. Played it on my drive to work and back. Do all their questions.
  2. Rxprep book, just read thru quick. After I did all their online questions. Doing as many questions is key. It will develop your reasoning and test taking skills and get you in sync with the exam questions.
  3. Board Vitals Question Naplex question bank
  4. A Guide to California Community Pharmacy Law: A Guide to California Community Pharmacy Law 1 and 2 by Fred Weissman. Take time and read it and do all the questions in the end. Do this last. This is all the book you need
As you can see study like you are studying for the naplex. This is not a law exam. Very few law questions. Do basic calculation questions. Dont need to know TPN and in depth calculations. I would just read thru Bio Stats not in depth.
Good luck guys. You can feel down. But there is no timeline!! I has to listen to the videos twice. Study like your studying for a school exam. We might have graduated 3 years back. So our knowledge levels are all different. Your hard work will pay off and pray to God!

Finally got my letter and passed with an 82. Just wanted to share my experience with studying since this forum has helped me pass tremendously. The materials that I mainly used to study are:
1. RxPrep book
2. RxPrep CPJE
3. Weissman's practice questions
4. Quizlet

I focused heavily on drugs when I was studying. I used Quizlet to memorize brand and generic names of the top 1000 drugs and when I was reading the RxPrep book, I literally wrote down the names of every single drugs that I wasn't familiar with, and studied that list separately after I was done going over that entire book. Make sure to not only know the generic/brand names, but also know the indications, common side effects, monitoring parameters and doses (if they're emphasized in the book). As for topics, you probably already know, but definitely go through every single topics. I'd say the only chapters that are safe to skip are biostats, calculations and pharmacokinetics chapters as I didn't have any questions on those chapters. One of the chapters that can be easily overlooked is the chapter on skin/fungal infections towards the end (I think it's the second to last chapter in the book). In terms of clinical portion of the exam, I thought RxPrep was more than enough. I realized that it's not really about how many resources and books you have. It's more about how thoroughly you study and know from one main book.
When I was reading RxPrep, I also made a brief outline on all the big chapters with all the drugs listed out and the regimens. After reading the book around 4 times, I was studying my outlines at the end and I thought that was really helpful! A lot of ppl on this forum were saying that the best way to study is to write your own notes as you're reading and studying off of that later, and it was so true, so I wanted to emphasize that once more!

As for law, I read over the RxPrep CPJE book around 4 times and did all the practice questions from Weissman's. Weissman's book has a lot of information, but I thought RxPrep CPJE book did a better job summarizing and organizing the information, so I only mainly used Wessiman's book when I had to refer back while I was doing his practice questions. I thought his questions were pretty useful especially at the end after I was done studying for the law portion. It was good review/wrap before the actual exam. Definitely know all the years of how long you should keep the records for, when you should report to the board, how often you should do the inventory...etc.. BY HEART. These questions are supposed to be the easy ones that should save you! Oh and I would focus heavily on the laws on controlled medications/prescriptions. I had a lot of scenario questions on prescriptions of controlled meds, but they were pretty straightforward since I went over that chapter numerous times when studying.

I hope this was somewhat helpful! I wish everyone best of luck! :)

Unless
Finally got my letter and passed with an 82. Just wanted to share my experience with studying since this forum has helped me pass tremendously. The materials that I mainly used to study are:
1. RxPrep book
2. RxPrep CPJE
3. Weissman's practice questions
4. Quizlet

I focused heavily on drugs when I was studying. I used Quizlet to memorize brand and generic names of the top 1000 drugs and when I was reading the RxPrep book, I literally wrote down the names of every single drugs that I wasn't familiar with, and studied that list separately after I was done going over that entire book. Make sure to not only know the generic/brand names, but also know the indications, common side effects, monitoring parameters and doses (if they're emphasized in the book). As for topics, you probably already know, but definitely go through every single topics. I'd say the only chapters that are safe to skip are biostats, calculations and pharmacokinetics chapters as I didn't have any questions on those chapters. One of the chapters that can be easily overlooked is the chapter on skin/fungal infections towards the end (I think it's the second to last chapter in the book). In terms of clinical portion of the exam, I thought RxPrep was more than enough. I realized that it's not really about how many resources and books you have. It's more about how thoroughly you study and know from one main book.
When I was reading RxPrep, I also made a brief outline on all the big chapters with all the drugs listed out and the regimens. After reading the book around 4 times, I was studying my outlines at the end and I thought that was really helpful! A lot of ppl on this forum were saying that the best way to study is to write your own notes as you're reading and studying off of that later, and it was so true, so I wanted to emphasize that once more!

As for law, I read over the RxPrep CPJE book around 4 times and did all the practice questions from Weissman's. Weissman's book has a lot of information, but I thought RxPrep CPJE book did a better job summarizing and organizing the information, so I only mainly used Wessiman's book when I had to refer back while I was doing his practice questions. I thought his questions were pretty useful especially at the end after I was done studying for the law portion. It was good review/wrap before the actual exam. Definitely know all the years of how long you should keep the records for, when you should report to the board, how often you should do the inventory...etc.. BY HEART. These questions are supposed to be the easy ones that should save you! Oh and I would focus heavily on the laws on controlled medications/prescriptions. I had a lot of scenario questions on prescriptions of controlled meds, but they were pretty straightforward since I went over that chapter numerous times when studying.

I hope this was somewhat helpful! I wish everyone best of luck! :)
where are u located ? Thank you for this post !!

Also, does anyone know what I can do if I can't find my intern pharmacist license? I think I may have misplaced the physical copy bc I can't find it.. I have a scanned copy in my email, but I can't find the original copy. Do I have to mail back the original copy?

I failed my 2nd attempt , I studied Rx prep CPJE book, online lectures, and quiz bank ( scored almost 100 % on all quizes ), also studied Rx prep for all big chapters with corresponding quiz bank questions . What else can I do to guarantee that my 3rd attempt will be a pass ? Pleas help ....

Last edited:
I failed my 2nd attempt , I studied Rx prep CPJE book, online lectures, and quiz bank ( scored almost 100 % on all quizes ), also studied Rx prep for all big chapters with corresponding quiz bank questions . What else can I do to guarantee that my 3rd attempt will be a pass ? Pleas help ....
Omg, I failed my second attempt too those that passed, please shared how you studied and what study guide/information you used to study.

From my experience- The predate was in Sept. 2018, and I got the actual score in the mail early of Oct. (I found out I failed). Then I submitted my application for reexam (since there was no change in my information within a year, I only filled out a form, affidavit, and a check of $260). It took about 10 days or less for the Board to cash my check. Near the end of November, I got my ATT - and then I scheduled the exam for December 21st. Got the result on January 19th,2019. The whole process can take up to 4 months or so per each CPJE exam. Maybe they want to regulate the amount of pharmacists to be licensed per year - to delay oversaturation.
Ok, so for retake, we don't need to resubmitted license verification from other state and background check? Please respond soon, unfortunately, I failed

Ok, so for retake, we don't need to resubmitted license verification from other state and background check? Please respond soon, unfortunately, I failed

Yes, just check of $260 and retake application.

Last edited:
Also, does anyone know what I can do if I can't find my intern pharmacist license? I think I may have misplaced the physical copy bc I can't find it.. I have a scanned copy in my email, but I can't find the original copy. Do I have to mail back the original copy?
I also had the same question. I can't find my intern license either. I was thinking about calling the board and asking if it's absolutely necessary to mail back our original license. I just hope it doesn't delay processing our license.

Hi guys, I took the CPJE first time and just found out that I failed. Im a rph from another state. In the CPJE Retake application, it says that if another state is my primary state, I need to do a license transfer through NABP website. I passed NAPLEX in August 2017 and I requested the score transfer through NABP in my initial application. My question is since I did a score request in my previous application, do I have to do the license transfer request this time through NABP? I called the CA bop but it went straight to the voicemail. Thank you for your answer