Dear Pharma Industry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Keeping with this topic (kinda) - Had Brazilian BBQ this weekend at the riverwalk. Decidedly not Texas, but effing awesome.

What other BBQ joints / restaurants should I be hitting before I check out?
If you like huge, greasy, heart attack inducing cheeseburgers, you need to check out Chris Madrid's before you leave. Get the Macho burger...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If this is Locks of Love, do a little research. It's not what most people think it is.

You again? You are seriously challenging MountainDood for the title of Debbie Downer. And whats up with the drive by negativity but not saying what the heck you are actually talking about?

What do you object to about LOL? Is it that the majority of wigs go to children with alopecia? Because that is a horrible, traumatic disease for a child to have, and the hair loss is permanent.

Is it that the majority of hair LOL receives is not usuable for wigs? Since they have to combine donations from multiple donors to make one wig, it makes sense that there would be incompatibility issues. Also, the condition of peoples' hair varies widely based on processing, climate, etc.

Is it that they sell the unusable hair to earn money to run the organization? What would you rather they do, throw it in the trash? How else do you propose they get funds to run their organization? Nonprofit organizations pay salaries, rent, advertising and utility costs that are identical to for-profit businesses. How do you propose they cover the manufacturing costs of making the wigs?

Is it that children whose parents can afford to pay for part of the cost of the wig do so on a sliding scale based on income? The majority of charities offering goods and services to clients do so on a sliding scale. The "give everything away for free" model is unsustainable. Even Habitat for Humanity requires recipients to put in hours working on other homes in order to receive their home. And Habitat recipients don't get their homes for FREE, they must pay a very low cost, no interest mortgage to receive the home. I don't have specifics about how much or how long, but they do pay.

[/rant]

That's what LOL means?! Oh boy, I have been seriously misusing that for a very long time...

LOL! :p

I have a Facebook friend who thinks LOL means Lots of Love. So she'll do stuff like this:

All4MyDaughter: heading out to Uncle Bobby's funeral today
Clueless Friend: I'll be thinking about your family. LOL

LOL! :p

I have a Facebook friend who thinks LOL means Lots of Love. So she'll do stuff like this:

All4MyDaughter: heading out to Uncle Bobby's funeral today :( :(
Clueless Friend: I'll be thinking about your family. LOL

:lol:

That is too funny.

Good god..y'all make me proud. Never have I seen more masterfully done threadjacks in my life.

How short you thinking of going? I think you'd look super cute with a short pixie cut!

I did super short in undergrad - I think a pixie would be way too much upkeep. The last time I got it cut was during PGY-2 interviews back in Feb!

Right now it's the longest it's ever been, about clavicle length.

It has the most obnoxious texture ever - not stick straight and not wavy. No matter how much product I use I can't get the desired amount of waviness, and I have zero interest in straightening it. So ponytail it is. All the time.

y'know.. Bill Miller BBQ really is pretty good for it being a chain joint.

Dallas has the original Fogo de Chao.. the Brazillian Steak House in Addison. Worth a trip. Do the lunch...it's cheaper.

The original churrascaria is in Brazil! Though I actually prefer Texas de Brazil over Fogo...better salad bar as well. And be sure to order a caipirinha next time any of you go; they're heavenly.

Argentinians know how to handle their meat like anyone else too. Usually can find a good local Argentinian place that's muuuuch cheaper.

Members don't see this ad :)
The original churrascaria is in Brazil! Though I actually prefer Texas de Brazil over Fogo...better salad bar as well. And be sure to order a caipirinha next time any of you go; they're heavenly.

Argentinians know how to handle their meat like anyone else too. Usually can find a good local Argentinian place that's muuuuch cheaper.

I've heard that Argentinian beef is absolutely delicious. Shame about the Mad Cow.

I haven't found a bar anywhere that makes a caipirinha, which is also a shame in my book. Cachaca must be tough to come across.

I've heard that Argentinian beef is absolutely delicious. Shame about the Mad Cow.

I haven't found a bar anywhere that makes a caipirinha, which is also a shame in my book. Cachaca must be tough to come across.

You're right...it's tough to find. I get my Dad to bring it back with him on Duty Free when he returns from business trips from Brazil. Plus the really fine sugar too. Makes a big difference in the taste.

I did super short in undergrad - I think a pixie would be way too much upkeep. The last time I got it cut was during PGY-2 interviews back in Feb!

Right now it's the longest it's ever been, about clavicle length.

It has the most obnoxious texture ever - not stick straight and not wavy. No matter how much product I use I can't get the desired amount of waviness, and I have zero interest in straightening it. So ponytail it is. All the time.

You're absolutely right...I'm sure a pixie would be tough to maintain. Back home in FL with the heat & humidity, my long hair used to drive me nuts. So the second I had 10", I'd chop it off. That and I like the change...you feel like a different person when it's long vs. short.

But I've been growing it out here for 3 years now, and I've been enjoying the length. Ready to try the chin-length inverted bob again though!

Like any of these?

32277340.png

I think she was asking what I thought - a corgi with a bob would be cute though.

I could rock a bob for ACCP next week...

If only I were half as cute as Natalie Portman! but I don't think I could pull off the shaved head.

I'm trying to grow my hair out long...like stripper hair...

It's been 16 years for me. 1994 ASHP was in Miami.

It seems like that's all they're known for here.

Rudy's is indeed awesome.

Dude I just can't get enough of that Rickles... cheers me up everytime I see your posts on here.

You're absolutely right...I'm sure a pixie would be tough to maintain. Back home in FL with the heat & humidity, my long hair used to drive me nuts. So the second I had 10", I'd chop it off. That and I like the change...you feel like a different person when it's long vs. short.

But I've been growing it out here for 3 years now, and I've been enjoying the length. Ready to try the chin-length inverted bob again though!

Like any of these?

32277340.png

If I had an avatar on here, the creepy bastard would have a crush on your avatar lol :love: If you presently really do look like your avatar though and a change must be made, I like picture #3

2011 Odyssey. :thumbup:

[YOUTUBE]It-jHCwLUgM[/YOUTUBE]

If I had an avatar on here, the creepy bastard would have a crush on your avatar lol :love: If you presently really do look like your avatar though and a change must be made, I like picture #3

Oh, those were just medium length ideas for njac. I think I'm set on how I'll cut it (which I always do after growing it out this long). Ends up looking pretty much exactly like Keira's on the previous page of this thread.

You get the memo on Astellas' change to distribution of Lexi & Adenoscan?

These things rarely impact my side of the industry, but they did in this case.

I know there's a class action lawsuit by hospitals against Astellas..

what memo..can you send it to me??

Much appreciated.

My gym offers exotic chair dancing workout class. I think you should get a wig and sign up.

Why don't I just sit on the chair and have y'all workout on me?

Much better idea I say! :thumbup:

I know there's a class action lawsuit by hospitals against Astellas..

what memo..can you send it to me??

Much appreciated.

ehhh...I only have the internal e-mails from corporate notifying us of the change. Apparently Astellas sent out a memo to customers notifying them that they will no longer sell Lexiscan® and Adenosan® directly to customers starting on November 1. In order "to continue receiving product, [the customer] will need an account with at least one of the [four preferred] distributors": Besse Medical, Henry Schein Medical, McKesson Specialty Care Solution, and PSS World Medical Inc.

I have the memo we sent out to our customers (we'll still be able to provide it to them through our pharmacy; there's no change, and in fact sales will probably increase dramatically)...but doubt that's of any interest to you.

ehhh...I only have the internal e-mails from corporate notifying us of the change. Apparently Astellas sent out a memo to customers notifying them that they will no longer sell Lexiscan® and Adenosan® directly to customers starting on November 1. In order “to continue receiving product, [the customer] will need an account with at least one of the [four preferred] distributors”: Besse Medical, Henry Schein Medical, McKesson Specialty Care Solution, and PSS World Medical Inc.

I have the memo we sent out to our customers (we'll still be able to provide it to them through our pharmacy; there's no change, and in fact sales will probably increase dramatically)...but doubt that's of any interest to you.

huh, I'm confused. They were always available through wholesalers.. so they're saying they'll no longer dropship? big deal...so they're trying to cut "shipping" dept. Makes sense. With Adenoscan's pending generic, they're going to lose sales..no matter how hard they tried to get Lexi into every hospital and the lab, not everyone bought into it like everyone used Adenoscan.

huh, I'm confused. They were always available through wholesalers.. so they're saying they'll no longer dropship? big deal...so they're trying to cut "shipping" dept. Makes sense. With Adenoscan's pending generic, they're going to lose sales..no matter how hard they tried to get Lexi into every hospital and the lab, not everyone bought into it like everyone used Adenoscan.

Well, Lexiscan has been taking off here.

But, no...you're missing the point. Clinics, offices with no ties to inpatient pharmacy are a big consumer of these stress agents. In fact some nuc med departments tied to GPO even get it from our pharmacy. Majority bought their product from Astellas directly. That's what they can no longer do.

Well, Lexiscan has been taking off here.
That's too bad.

But, no...you're missing the point. Clinics, offices with no ties to inpatient pharmacy are a big consumer of these stress agents. In fact some nuc med departments tied to GPO even get it from our pharmacy. Majority bought their product from Astellas directly. That's what they can no longer do.

Why?

Ha. :lol:

That's the million dollar question...and I used to ask them all the time. But I've learned a few things about how certain departments (i.e. radiology/nuc med) operate in a hospital. It's like they're in their own little world.

As a DOP did you know what vendors they were using? Heck...did you even know patients in your hospital were being administered drugs compounded/prepared in a completely offsite pharmacy??

Ha. :lol:

That's the million dollar question...and I used to ask them all the time. But I've learned a few things about how certain departments (i.e. radiology/nuc med) operate in a hospital. It's like they're in their own little world.

As a DOP did you know what vendors they were using? Heck...did you even know patients in your hospital were being administered drugs compounded/prepared in a completely offsite pharmacy??

As a DOP, every piece of drug was purchased through Pharmacy and I reviewed every single line item daily. Then again, if every DOP was that way, my industry wouldn't exist..

As a DOP, every piece of drug was purchased through Pharmacy and I reviewed every single line item daily. Then again, if every DOP was that way, my industry wouldn't exist..

Oh really? So patient needed a Bicisate ictal dose. Your pharmacy prepared it? And you went through the invoices?

Posted via Mobile BlackBerry Device

Oh really? So patient needed a Bicisate ictal dose. Your pharmacy prepared it? And you went through the invoices?

No, not nukes. Adenoscan is not a nuke drug.

And we mixed every Adenoscan and persantines.

No, not nukes. Adenoscan is not a nuke drug.

How do you know they weren't getting it elsewhere?

I'm not being a smartass...just saying in an alarming number of cases, directors and people who have a vested interest are completely oblivious to a lot of what goes on.

How do you know they weren't getting it elsewhere?

I'm not being a smartass...just saying in an alarming number of cases, directors and people who have a vested interest are completely oblivious to a lot of what goes on.

Monthly floor inspection.