Days and Activities Between USMLE and COMLEX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheSeanieB

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many days do I need and what do you recommend I do after taking the USMLE to prepare for the COMLEX? I am not planning to touch anything osteopathic until after the USMLE. I am studying out of FA, Pathoma, a little Kaplan, USMLERx, and UWorld for the USMLE.

Would 9 days, Savarese's OMT review, and Comquest be an good/optimal combination?

Members don't see this ad.

All done...some blocks were harder than others. Either my last block was super-easy or I just didn't care anymore.
I feel like I did well...4-6 weeks for results!!
Now enjoying a well-deserved fancy draft and a swanky sandwich at Melt.
:)

How did you do on your practice COMSAEs?
When do you recommend on taking COMSAEs? About 10 days before exam?
Did you take all of the COMSAEs?

Thanks

Hope exam went well

I only took the COMSAE C as our school purchased it for us. 583, 3 wk ago. I consider that my baseline before I really began dedicated study to refresh the small details I tend to resist learning. I will be ecstatic if I score a 650. :)

Well, I don't ever want to do THAT again...just finished USMLE step 1. FWIW I do think it was more straightforward than COMLEX by a long shot, although there was a lot of molecular biology on it that I'll never know and don't care to know and I wish I had forced myself to memorize all those pesky biostats formulas (I mean really, there's an app for that!!)
I have an aversion to memorizing crap that is neither very useful on a day to day basis nor very interesting to me.
Glad it's over and hoping for a decent score. I know I passed but I hope I passed well :)