Davis Toxicology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bla_3x

Grip it and rip it!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I am looking to do my elective this year (EM R2) in tox. I was looking into UC Davis' program. It sounds like a great experience from what I can gather online, but does anyone have any first hand knowledge about the program and/or a resident tox rotation there?

Any other recs for a good tox rotation in the west?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,
I am looking to do my elective this year (EM R2) in tox. I was looking into UC Davis' program. It sounds like a great experience from what I can gather online, but does anyone have any first hand knowledge about the program and/or a resident tox rotation there?

Thanks!

I have heard that OHSU is good.

Hey all,

Thanks!

I was at Davis for med school. The tox elective was very popular--I couldn't get a spot during my 4th year. I've worked with both Daubert and Derlet- they're both fun to be around and super smart.

Loma Linda has Sean Bush, the Venom ER guy.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was at Davis for med school. The tox elective was very popular--I couldn't get a spot during my 4th year. I've worked with both Daubert and Derlet- they're both fun to be around and super smart.

While I don't know the program, Patrick Daubert is an excellent toxicologist and an excellent teacher. He runs a good rotation.

Hey all,

Thanks!

My opinion is it would be a great rotation for you. UCD has a very busy tox service, but the rotation is not structured to work you to the bone. The progam is full of educational opportunities. Daubert is an exceptional clinical and academic educator. The rotation also received another boost with the addition of Mark Sutter, whom did his EM residency at UCD and finished a Tox fellowship in Atlanta with the CDC. Both are uber-cool. Plus there are a few Nevada connections in the program.

There's also Oregon, UCSF, UCSD.

I think the previous poster is correct--Sean Bush is awesome, but I don't think Loma Linda has a tox fellowship, though I know that's not what you are looking for.

Good luck.

Thanks a lot!

Anyone know the area well? If I am looking into a place to stay for 4 weeks, where to stay away from? Where to try and be?
Thanks!

Thanks a lot!

Anyone know the area well? If I am looking into a place to stay for 4 weeks, where to stay away from? Where to try and be?
Thanks!

hey
i am a resident at UCD and though i haven't done the tox rotation yet i've heard great things. and Daubert is fantastic.
i did an away here as a med student and found a place to stay on Craigslist. i think the woman we stayed with (my husband came with me too) is still looking for renters and is willing to do short-term arrangements. i'm sure there are quite a few options listed there, but her place is close to the med center -- we just got bikes and were quite happy car-less here. PM me for more info. i'd let you stay with us but our place is small and full of dog hair ;)

The rotation also received another boost with the addition of Mark Sutter, whom did his EM residency at UCD and finished a Tox fellowship in Atlanta with the CDC.
Sutter is back at UC Davis? Too cool. He was an intern when I was a senior. I've gotta call him and harass him some.