Dating atmosphere in med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:rolleyes: environment at that specific medical school. The culture at different medical school as to what is "weird" varies. The same with the demeanor that is considered normal on different MS-3 rotations and on different specialties.

Yep. There are degrees of weirdness, but you're just referring to behavior, whereas I'm talking the 'reality' we base our worldview upon. The former is easy to alter based upon your situation, but your very perception is tainted by the latter.

Members don't see this ad.

I really want to hear from someone who knows Ark IRL

Reactions: 2 users
But I think a big part of this is you throw in the Aspergers aspect. So in addition to the limits to filling in the blanks generated by our own biases and experiences, you have someone who probably has fundamentally different "blanks"

I actually don't know much about Aspergers, but in this analogy, I'd say that people with aspergers only share parts of our vocabulary, and so complete those sentences differently, but yeah, you could certainly look at it that way too.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
But I think a big part of this is you throw in the Aspergers aspect. So in addition to the limits to filling in the blanks generated by our own biases and experiences, you have someone who probably has fundamentally different "blanks"
To be fair, surgeons tend to have different "blanks" as to what they consider weird behavior vs. other people in medicine and those in other professions.

Well, I don't think there's any inconsistency. I'm a shy Indian dude at the bottom of his med school class that sometimes drinks too much and talks like a weird guy. Not much inconsistent about that.

Don't put yourself down, your in med school. You've done something right. Forget all the haters. Be more confident!

I don't know why you guys think Arkangeloid is a troll. His personality is typical of someone who spends a lot of time on the internet and playing videogames, and who is socially awkward and/or has aspergers.
btw please don't think that I'm making fun of you, because I'm not.

I hadn't thought about your metaphor that deeply. And I'm typing on my phone

It's my metaphor, so it's laden with my experiences/biases/indoctrination. I obviously can't talk like this IRL, or people'd just look at me funny, but it's nice to find that people can relate to some degree.

There are a few loosey goosey people in med school. And they will get chewed out like a mofo. Especially with a cliquey group of girls, making Easy-A jokes galore about slutmonkey taking on 5 at once :O

a) I stopped talking like that in real life after you mentioned it. It just slipped out here. :(

b) I'm just saying what I see, the most muscular dudes in my class have the most romantic success.

Observation bias. You don't have to give a **** about the gym, eat any diets or ****, and get great dates. If you like that sorta thing, good for you! But, you gotta be your normal self.

Well, I don't think there's any inconsistency. I'm a shy Indian dude at the bottom of his med school class that sometimes drinks too much and talks like a weird guy. Not much inconsistent about that.
That's the spirit to have in med school! :rolleyes:

I actually don't know much about Aspergers, but in this analogy, I'd say that people with aspergers only share parts of our vocabulary, and so complete those sentences differently, but yeah, you could certainly look at it that way too.

Basically it's autism without cognitive or linguistic deficits. A diagnosis of Asperger's is made only after a full birth and developmental history is examined, not because someone is kind of awkward.

DSM V eliminated it as a diagnosis IIRC.

Basically it's autism without cognitive or linguistic deficits. A diagnosis of Asperger's is made only after a full birth and developmental history is examined, not because someone is kind of awkward.

DSM V eliminated it as a diagnosis IIRC.
I do know a little more than that. What's your point kiddo?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
I do know a little more than that. What's your point kiddo?

You said you don't know much about it lol.

I don't have a point, I was just answering you.

You said you don't know much about it lol.

I don't have a point, I was just answering you.
Ah. By don't know much, I mean I only know what's on uptodate.

Asperger's is on a spectrum. There are those with Asperger's who are highly functioning.

Ark is probably a very talented troll- his personality varies too much from day to day, and there is a hell of a lot of dissonance in the things he says. He is definitely not as he appears.

Agreed. Ark is basically the male antithesis of Anastomoses.

As a matter of fact, 3 SDNers DO know me IRL, 2 of which are MS-1s at my medical school.

Ark do you listen to odd future?

Every time you post about girls it reminds me of the song "real b**ch"

I won't post the link its that offensive.

Agreed. Ark is basically the male antithesis of Anastomoses.

Yes, except @Anastomoses is a huge troll.

Never heard of them. But I looked up the song, it gave me a good laugh. Not sure why I remind you about it though.

Both male and female med students hump anything that walks.

Reactions: 3 users
I really want to hear from someone who knows Ark IRL

The problem with this is that there's no objective definition of who I am. You ask one person in my class, and they'll tell you that I'm a creepy weirdo who's going nowhere fast. You ask someone else, and they'll tell you that I'm a friendly guy who's a bit shy. But you'll never get the whole story from any one person.

What I've said on this forum is as true to me as you can get.

The problem with this is that there's no objective definition of who I am. You ask one person in my class, and they'll tell you that I'm a creepy weirdo who's going nowhere fast. You ask someone else, and they'll tell you that I'm a friendly guy who's a bit shy. But you'll never get the whole story from any one person.

What I've said on this forum is as true to me as you can get.
Med School can sometimes be very much like a high school out of the movie Mean Girls with very much of the same personalities. Key is to not necessarily give a **** what every single person thinks and be friendly to those who are nice. You can't be complete buddy-buddy friends with everyone. That's impossible.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
tumblr_mlgr7bdhpT1rd1qi0o1_500.gif
Alright, I've figured it out. If you just read all of Ark's posts in Abed's voice, everything suddenly makes sense.

Sorry to chime in, but just to get this clarified, anastomoses IS a dude right? He confirmed himself as such in some other thread I believe l.
You believe wrong. Anastomoses is a girl. If she's a guy, there's a guy in the club that wants to beat him up.

How many people in med school have no experience with the opposite sex whatsoever

How many people in med school have no experience with the opposite sex whatsoever

If you mean physical experience, probably only a handful and those are probably people who are saving themselves for marriage/waiting for the right person

Posted using SDN Mobile

Last edited:
Hey, everyone had to identify the ladybits on anatomy lab practicals.

A classmate came up to my tank when we were studying after hours and asked me, "Hey boogaloo, where is the clitoris?" He was completely serious. In his defense, they deviated from midline in the process of sawing off the leg for dissection.

A classmate came up to my tank when we were studying after hours and asked me, "Hey boogaloo, where is the clitoris?" He was completely serious. In his defense, they deviated from midline in the process of sawing off the leg for dissection.

I have never understood how some people have difficulty locating it. Like yes every ***** is different but I've never had any trouble finding it on a new partner. What's the hold up?

I have never understood how some people have difficulty locating it. Like yes every ***** is different but I've never had any trouble finding it on a new partner. What's the hold up?

Finding stuff on a cadaver that has been hacked up by 5 of your classmates and anyone else that studied at your table is sometimes pretty difficult.

Finding stuff on a cadaver that has been hacked up by 5 of your classmates and anyone else that studied at your table is sometimes pretty difficult.

Oh I thought we were talking about finding it for the sex

Of course you thought that, what else is there to do in the middle of nowhere besides tip over sleeping cows toss bales of hay and have lots of sex?!

;)

I would be upset but you have a point.

Also I'm just a horndog

pffft nurses are my plan A, B, and C

they are the trashy broads that managed to get their life together and graduate from a community college

more fun, less drama, and much better in bed
Pretty sure the nurses wanted to hook up with me when I was a pre-med volunteering at the hospital. Too bad I have autism