Dat score and stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brie07

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can people please post there stats and dat scores that got them accepted to pod school. Or if no one wants to, just post what the avg dat score is to get you accepted. I'm just trying to get a ballpark range here, since i'm not too familiar with this yet, but i'm trying to do my research.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I am taking my DAT in a few weeks so I can post then and when I apply and see what happens (can PM you). However, I was just at Temple the other week and spoke with the admissions councilor. He told me that for the class coming in to start this fall, no one was accepted with a 16AA or below and that I should shoot for an 18 or so. Made it seem like 17+ would be fine though, or at least people were accepted with 17s.

ok thanks...
thats good to know.
Let me know when you do(PM me)

And for anyone else who has taken the dat and been accepted, please reply.

thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a 19/20/16 on the DAT and a 24 on the MCAT

I'm sorry if I'm hijacking this post but which schools still accept a DAT for the 2008 cycle?

21/20/18 and a low 3 gpa

I would recc doing the mcat instead of dat, since it will save you the question in your interview: "Were you pursuing dentistry?"

I would also suggest taking the MCAT b/c it is accepted by more schools (therefore, you have a better chance against less applicants).

19 - AA
19 - Sciences
3.3 GPA

-If you have already taken the DAT and have scored an 18 or above on the AA and Sciences with at least a 3.2 gpa, you should be fine at just about any school that accepts the test. Hope that helps

wait so barry does or doesnt accept the DAT?

wait so barry does or doesnt accept the DAT?

I am pretty sure it will not accept the DAT for the upcoming admission cycle. This is going by the website and also people in the admissions department. Temple, OCPM, and NYCPM are the only schools left which will take the DAT.

I am starting to get my application together for this fall and emailed each of the schools to see if they would accept DAT scores...we DAT people already know Ohio, Temple, and NYCPM take it....add Barry University to the list. Received the email this morning.
"Good Morning,
We do accept both the MCAT and the DAT scores, we no longer accept the GRE
test

Marc Weiner J.D.
Assistant Dean of Medical Admissions and Marketing
Division of Medicine
Barry University"

THanks good to know!!!
.. When are you going to submit your application??? Within the first week of Sept?

Yeah I plan on it...I did the same for when I was pre-dent on their common app AADSAS before I had a change of heart and direction. (which I haven't gone any further with and threw away $1000 basically; yeah I'm an idiot). I'm going to mail all my schools on Sept 1st my transcript and LOR requests, then fill out the app on the 4th, hopefully submit within a day or two. Best to stay on top of things in my opinion and the sooner I know, the better I'll feel about things. As of now, applying to NYCPM, Ohio, Barry, and Temple (went to Temple Undergrad) with Temple being first choice probably (maybe Barry too) - just applying to DAT schools cause I couldn't get an MCAT scheduled until January so seeing if I can get the DAT to work.

I'll be applying to pod schools September 4th. I sent in all my transcripts a few weeks ago and the LOR information to my professors and the podiatrist I'm shadowing. I think some schools start interviewing in late September which is pretty nice.