This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prehealthworkhard

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my Dat scheduled for this upcoming week for july 27, feeling unsteady. So far I used Dat destroyer and bootcamp not finished with all the exams yet.
Worst case, if I need to retake my DAT end of october does that mean I have no hope ? my gpa is average.

Members don't see this ad.

I have my Dat scheduled for this upcoming week for july 27, feeling unsteady. So far I used Dat destroyer and bootcamp not finished with all the exams yet.
Worst case, if I need to retake my DAT end of october does that mean I have no hope ? my gpa is average.
If you are already thinking you will have to retake the DAT you might as well just postpone it if you can. You will save money and have a better chance if you take it in August/ September.

End of October is incredibly late, you wouldn't want to be retaking that far into the cycle. Can you reschedule for a later month like August?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
that is my rescheduled date...does anyone ever feel ready?
my scores right now are average, I haven't done a full length yet, I'm almost done with all individual section tests. Plan was to try to do at least 3 of the bootcamp full length and 2009 ADA by test day.

my scores right now are average, I haven't done a full length yet, I'm almost done with all individual section tests. Plan was to try to do at least 3 of the bootcamp full length and 2009 ADA by test day.
I recommend taking the 2009 at least 3 days before your exam. Although it is far different than what we will experience on the real DAT your score on the real DAT should be close to what you score on the 2009 test (according to many people). My DAT is the same day as yours so I know exactly what you are going through. I decided to take my 2009 test a couple of days ago to see where I was at and what subjects I need to be focusing on.

Reactions: 1 user
What are your scores?

I recommend taking the 2009 at least 3 days before your exam. Although it is far different than what we will experience on the real DAT your score on the real DAT should be close to what you score on the 2009 test (according to many people). My DAT is the same day as yours so I know exactly what you are going through. I decided to take my 2009 test a couple of days ago to see where I was at and what subjects I need to be focusing on.
Thanks! Have you gone through DAT destroyer and bootcamp? I didn't cram my studying all at once so I seem to be forgetting things I learned earlier.

What are your scores?
The thing is I took off a little more then 3 weeks of studying due to some personal circumstances so the scores I was getting before aren't representative right now, because I forgot a lot of the orgo and bio and need to review it, so those scores aren't my current knowledge. I'm going to have to pray for a miracle.

Consider pushing your test back if you're truly not ready. As someone who needed to re-take, trust me when I say it really sucks retaking and it will run into your school year, which is something to take into account (assuming you're still completing undergrad). Also, you gotta look at where you're currently at and ask yourself if you've truly exhausted every avenue that you possibly can to prepare for this current DAT. If the answer is yes, then another prep period may not make a difference for you (statistically, most that re-take do not actually improve their score according to the ADEA). To answer your question, I would consider pushing back before conceding to a retake, because you'd be very late in this cycle and paying and also, an extra 450$ for a retake is no fun lol. Good luck!

The thing is I took off a little more then 3 weeks of studying due to some personal circumstances so the scores I was getting before aren't representative right now, because I forgot a lot of the orgo and bio and need to review it, so those scores aren't my current knowledge. I'm going to have to pray for a miracle.
No one here is gonna judge you for your scores. You can say them. Mine are probably worse. Which is why I rescheduled

Hi,

The best advice I can ever give a student is not to take the exam until completely prepared. You are feeling unsteady..that is not a good sign. You best best would be to reschedule and not even think about a retake. I work with thousands of students online and in my classroom setting and I know from years of experience it is not a test you want to repeat if it can be avoided.

Feel free to message me and I will be more than happy to discuss your situation. I have a way of getting to the issue and calming students down.

Take care..Nancy

Reactions: 1 user