DAT Retake Advice! Applying next cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I am slightly worried about my scores. :(

AA- 19
TS- 19
PAT- 18
RC- 19
BIO- 18
GC- 18
OC- 24
QR- 17

I will be applying with a science GPA of ~3.65

Based on my numbers alone, should I retake it? Thank you!!!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Below average.

Do you have excellent EC to support your app?

You are likely to get in somewhere. Probably not as many as you'd like. If you have the time, study more and retake. I'd pay 500 more for a retake for more opportunities to pick from.

Reactions: 1 user
Below average.

Do you have excellent EC to support your app?

You are likely to get in somewhere. Probably not as many as you'd like. If you have the time, study more and retake. I'd pay 500 more for a retake for more opportunities to pick from.
My ECs are great so I am hoping that, along with my GPA, will help. Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)

Your best bet is to call the schools and ask their advice. Your AA and TS scores are average with no low scores and a high Orgo score. IMO with a strong application and personal statement, you should get some interviews, but it depends on where you are applying. If you want to attend an Ivy League or more competitive school you might want to consider a retake, but only if you think you can raise your scores.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 users
Your best bet is to call the schools and ask their advice. Your AA and TS scores are average with no low scores and a high Orgo score. IMO with a strong application and personal statement, you should get some interviews, but it depends on where you are applying. If you want to attend an Ivy League or more competitive school you might want to consider a retake, but only if you think you can raise your scores.

Hope this helps.
Yes that helps! Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user