DAT last tuesday what are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

09grandsport

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all I took the DAT last Tuesday and scored much better than my first take last year.

I got BIO: 19, GEN: 20, ORGO: 23, PAT: 21, Reading: 23, Math: 21, AA: 21, TS: 20
First attempt at DAT was BIO: 20, GEN: 16, ORGO: 23, PAT: 18, Reading: 24, Math: 14
I attribute my terrible scores the first time to using Crack the DAT which I found to not be representative of any section although I bought the software in 2014 and got delayed a year due to a medical issue and didnt take the DAT until 2016 so maybe it was out of date. Either way I'm satisfied with my new scores

I have strong GPA trajectory with my overall just above 3.5. I started pretty poorly in school and got my act together so i was told my GPA is strong by the Dean of ECU.

Not sure what my science GPA is because AADSAS isnt letting me designate courses as "other science" last year when i was able to do that I think it was around a 3.6 If anyone knows how to designate a course as "other science" for this cycle any advice would be lovely.

I'm a reapplicant, I have 218 shadowing hours strong letters of recommendation and a strong personal statement. I have assisted a dentist in the mission field 3 times and have experienced intense dentistry up close and personal which is reflected in my personal statement.

I'm planning on applying to UNC, ECU, VCU, Louisville, and Southeastern.

What are your guys' thoughts on me getting in this go round?

Members don't see this ad.

Could you elaborate on the multiple subjects? does this mean we select certain coursework that best leads us towards the specialty that we gravitate to?

Ah gotcha yea I called AADSAS and they clarified. For example my undergrad degree was Nutrition and according to the guy I talked to every Nutrition course is considered an other science even though when I self assigned the I only chose some of them to be other science so its gonna actually help me in the long run.

Oddly Medical Terminology isnt considered a science even though it was a nutrition course so I guess I should change the subject to Nutrition to get that extra 3 credit hours A

Congratulations! That is a fantastic increase! I would add a few more schools to your list, though. Just to be safe.

You definitely have a great chance!

Reactions: 1 user