DAT this friday! Any last min tips for me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Khloe L.

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm taking my DAT in three days!
Want to share any last minute tips? Anything would be great!
Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Review material you may be unsure of but don't cram at all right now.

Get a great nights rest and be confident ! You'll do great, good luck !

Reactions: 1 user
Do light or no review the day before your DAT.
Try your best and don't be discouraged while you do the DAT.
While I was doing the DAT, I was so discouraged and almost gave up.
I seriously thought about leaving the room while my DAT was not completed.
But I finished my exam and the score was above the national average.

Review for another day (review not study new material) and take some practice test (practice question the second day). Final day before the test just take it easy and make sure you eat something healthy. Don't eat anything bad for the couple of days and have an upset stomach tomorrow during the test (happened to someone I know). Bring some snacks to eat during the break. You can take a small walk before your test to calm your nerves get the blood flowing and hype yourself up. During my test I actually broke-down and took about 2 min looking at the ceiling... It was during the PAT section too!!! Luckily, I was able to reignite myself and steamrolled the rest of the way.

Keep calm, stay positive and ReachOn

Members don't see this ad :)
Stay of SDN!!!
Remember to review contents and do a light review the day before. Also make sure to get a good night sleep the day before the exam.
Best of luck on the exam! I believe that you will succeed!

Hey guys,
I'm taking my DAT in three days!
Want to share any last minute tips? Anything would be great!
Thanks in advance!
Do what works best for you, some students rest the day before the exam, my type of personality would be studying in the parking lot before walking in the door. We are all different, do what works best for you. If you don't sleep well the night before the exam don't worry, adrenaline will get you through, I guarantee you will not fall asleep during the exam.

Eat what you always eat, drink what you always drink, this not the time to experiment with a different routine.

You might want to have everything laid out the night before, clothes, your I.D's and directions to the center in your GPS or phone.

During the test, if you get anxious, remember to breath it does wonders.

Wishing you the best!

Nancy

1. Get a good nights rest and be prepared mentally, it can go a long way.
2. Visit the center the night before to make it easier/stress-free for you on the day of your DAT.
3. Don't spend too much time on a single question.
4. You might encounter a few cube counting questions with just 1 questions per figure so try so be aware of that.

Good luck!