DAT Destroyer Question (2021 version)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

propestivestudent98

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question about #25 in the 2021 DAT destroyer version (not sure if we are allowed to post the questions word for word)

I was wondering if the parathyroid gland and thyroid gland target the same organs?

For example with Calcium reabsorption, I thought they targeted the same things (kidneys and bone) in opposite ways (PTH vs calcitonin of the thyroid)?

Members don't see this ad.

I have a question about #25 in the 2021 DAT destroyer version (not sure if we are allowed to post the questions word for word)

I was wondering if the parathyroid gland and thyroid gland target the same organs?

For example with Calcium reabsorption, I thought they targeted the same things (kidneys and bone) in opposite ways (PTH vs calcitonin of the thyroid)?

The question is indeed tricky....The osteoclast is the primary target of calcitonin, but receptors also are present in the kidney, osteocytes, brain, testes, placenta, and lung . Hope this helps.

Nancy, co/owner DAT Destroyer
#think30

Reactions: 1 user