Dallas/Plano, Texas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UTSouthwestern

1K Member
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
North Dallas, Plano, & Frisco facilities primarily with some coverage in other areas.

Cardiac, neuro, neuro spine, ortho spine, sports med ortho, bariatric, ENT, thoracic, straight forward ENT pedi, some general, very little vascular. No OB. No trauma. No in house overnight call. Growing practice with established reputation looking for capable and motivated partners to continue this growth.

Cardiac experience with echo skills desirable either by fellowship or extensive residency experience. Non cardiac positions negotiable. Part time employee positions also negotiable, for those looking strictly for day work only without call.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to bump this thread as my group has decided, very late in the game, that we need lots of help for next year and beyond.

If you are interested in a position in the Dallas/North Texas region, please PM or e-mail me.

I'm going to bump this thread as my group has decided, very late in the game, that we need lots of help for next year and beyond.

If you are interested in a position in the Dallas/North Texas region, please PM or e-mail me.

Sounds like a good practice with great variety of cases. Sorta like the mix in my current training program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like a good practice with great variety of cases. Sorta like the mix in my current training program.

It's just a great practice and great environment to practice in. Low cost of living in most areas, great downtown/nightlife, suburbs galore for families, restaurants everywhere, etc.

With so many new hospitals, surgery centers, and surgeons, we have not had what at this time is typically a slow period. Just constantly busy so we need help.

The Dallas area is a great place for a new graduate to begin his/her career.
Texas has no state income tax and UT's Group is very successful financially.
Of Course, a new graduate will need the "right stuff" to land a spot. Definitely worth your time looking into.

I'm not quite ready for prime time, but I'd love to make it back to Dallas when I graduate in three years. I know this isn't the thread for the discussion, but I've been kicking around Cards fellowship options. Do you think that would still be a marketable and worthwhile endeavor for my outlook in 2011-12?

I'm not quite ready for prime time, but I'd love to make it back to Dallas when I graduate in three years. I know this isn't the thread for the discussion, but I've been kicking around Cards fellowship options. Do you think that would still be a marketable and worthwhile endeavor for my outlook in 2011-12?

My program has a large cardiac fellowship and I heard that when on call, there are only few reasons for the fellow to get out of bed:

1) Stanford Type 1 dissecting TAA
2) Stanford Type 2 dissecting TAA
3) Heart, heart/liver, heart/kidney, heart/lung transplant.

All other stuff is done during the day.

I'm not sure what it will look like in 2011-12, but for my group our cardiac volume has increased every year so it would be helpful, but it is not absolutely required if you have a good residency experience and show good skills with the TEE.

It's just a great practice and great environment to practice in. Low cost of living in most areas, great downtown/nightlife, suburbs galore for families, restaurants everywhere, etc.

With so many new hospitals, surgery centers, and surgeons, we have not had what at this time is typically a slow period. Just constantly busy so we need help.

Sounds like a great deal overall. I will definitely beef up my credentials to have a shot at a job like that.

I am about to graduate and thinking hard about accepting a group offer in denton, tx. I was thinking about commuting from Shops at Legacy in Plano. My hesistation is that I am a single bachelor and I cannot say with certainty that I will not desire a change in location down the road. I do not really know what life would be like in Plano for a single bachelor. Isn't it really just suburbs and restaurants up there?
I used to live in Uptown(UT Southwestern medical graduate). Furthermore, the group does not provide tail coverage in the event that I would choose to depart the area or the group. I understand that this can be very expensive to pay for it out of pocket. Do you have any thoughts on this?

hey man

PLease email me im lookin to move to TX. im a neuroanesthesiologist working in ATL...id like to talk with you more

my email address is [email protected]

thanks

I am about to graduate and thinking hard about accepting a group offer in denton, tx. I was thinking about commuting from Shops at Legacy in Plano. My hesistation is that I am a single bachelor and I cannot say with certainty that I will not desire a change in location down the road. I do not really know what life would be like in Plano for a single bachelor. Isn't it really just suburbs and restaurants up there?
I used to live in Uptown(UT Southwestern medical graduate). Furthermore, the group does not provide tail coverage in the event that I would choose to depart the area or the group. I understand that this can be very expensive to pay for it out of pocket. Do you have any thoughts on this?

Pretty much. And shopping. After living in uptown, you'll likely be disappointed in Plano, unless you were hoping to slow down your single life and maybe hook up with a divorced soccer mom. You'll find half the fun and twice the attitude compared to Dallas. Having said that, the Shops would be a cool place to live, if you had to live in Plano.

I'm going to bump this again as we have reevaluated our business coming in and are likely looking for more help again.

Also wanted to add that we are looking for qualified individuals who are available immediately with a Texas license.

If there is a pediatric fellowship trained individual who would also be willing to do adult cases and/or be interested in spearheading our pediatric division, also please PM me.

Bertelman, Addison is redeveloping extensively and trying to emulate more downtown type environments. With the expansion of the Tollway, takes me only 15 minutes to get from Plano to lower Greenville, downtown, etc., barring rush hour traffic.

It's been 6 years since I've lived there, and my parents are constantly updating me about how they went to eat at restaurant X, which just opened up a new venue off the Tollway or somewhere near Stonebriar. I'm sure it's a different place now.