Dalhousie Pharmacy!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My parents have been trying to help me improve my application and such for next year, and they suggested I take the PCATs this summer. I know Dal doesn't require them, but does this sound like a good idea? Even if they got my results, where it isn't required, would they even take it into consideration? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Honestly, I feel like that'd be a LOT of extra work for no added advantage. I wasn't accepted last year either so what I recommend is to get your marks up (so focus on your school work, rather than studying for the PCAT which isn't required) and do some volunteer work at a hospital. This is what I did, and the volunteer work will really help you with the interview questions because your answers will be natural and of course, true! You won't find yourself stuck in a situation where you may have to fabricate answers, which they can tell when people do that! :)

The volunteering really prepared me well for some of the interview questions and I was accepted, not to mention it's just a good thing to do in general and very rewarding!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey!
Of those of you that have been accepted and have replied to Margaret to confirm your spot, have any of you received the letter from the registrar with information on the deposit yet?

Thanks!

Congrats to all that got in !! and best luck for next year for those that didn't :)

Hey!
Of those of you that have been accepted and have replied to Margaret to confirm your spot, have any of you received the letter from the registrar with information on the deposit yet?

Thanks!

Congrats to all that got in !! and best luck for next year for those that didn't :)

I was under the impression that the letter would be coming later in the summer like August or something (but maybe that was the information package we also get?), I could be wrong though! I'm sure it'll come soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ya, she will be sending those out later on. But you can go pay this deposit on the Dal Website. It's a $200.00 admission fee.

yea i had emailed her to accept and she told me to just go online to the student accounts page to pay the deposit and that more info would be sent later on

I didn't pay my deposit yet. I am waiting for an official acceptance letter that is supposed to come in later in the summer. It said in the letter more info about the deposit will be sent and so I don't want to rush giving them my money.

Do you think this is OK

I just got my official acceptance letter today and a pretty useless information package. I was wondering if any of you know how to register for classes.

Thanks a bunch

you go to dal.ca/online and login with your B00 Number. If you are new to Dal then you need to register on that site. Once you do, you login, click registration, block registration and then choose first year pharmacy.

thanks darklady. I went to that page and entered all the info, but it said that it doesn't match what they have on file :(

I guess I will e-mail them.

thanks darklady. I went to that page and entered all the info, but it said that it doesn't match what they have on file :(

I guess I will e-mail them.

It turned out that they didn't have my SIN number.
I remember getting an e-mail saying we have to register for a skills lab. Do we have to add that or is that their responsibility?

Sorry for the questions. I thought maybe someone might know... However I will e-mail them to ask anyways.

Thanks everyone!

Hey guys!

I recently graduated from Dal Pharmacy after a gruelling 4 years. No doubt those of you who got accepted are as excited as I was back then. If you didn't make it, keep trying. I have it on good authority that they actually give you extra points for repeated interview attempts - the College likes to see a persistent individual. So there's still hope! You don't even need a high GPA to make it. :cool: I wonder if I unknowingly spoke to some of you folks at the interviews? Wouldn't that be crazy? Hahahaha.

Anyway, for those that got in... the next 4 years for you are not going to be all fun and games I'm afraid. It started out great for me but quickly things got so intense fast. I hate to say it but Dal Pharmacy has got quite a few faculty and curriculum problems (don't get me started on our Women's Health course. That was a complete disaster! The only thing I learned from that mess of 4 weeks was something about brown beads and white beads. Yeah...) and the whole PBL process which they think is the next best thing next to sliced bread will quickly become the bane of your existence. If I had the option to go back in time I'd try to apply elsewhere. Don't want to put a damper on your outlook though - they'll definetely be a memorable 4 years, but you'll be glad once they're over and you've survived PEBCs and the OSCE and are out there in the real world where the only thing that matters is practical knowledge and not theoretical mumbo jumbo which is shoved down your throat.

Good luck guys and gals! :love:

Hey guys :) !

I was just wondering if anyone had any information on the affirmative action for aborigonals? If you do have full treaty status, and meet all of the requirements, what are the chances of getting an interview? Also, how are you considered a student from the maritimes? If your spouse lives in the maritimes, can you be considered to be part of the maritimes? It also says that if you are in the maritimes as a student, you are not considered to be a maritime student. Why is this? If you live in the maritimes full-time (not just during the acedemic year), can you be considered to be from the maritimes?

Just to clarify, I have been living out of the maritimes, and moved here in June.

Thanks !!