CVS the worst company in America?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They run the retail component of our profession, not the profession.

Since the majority of pharmacists work retail they run the profession.

Members don't see this ad.

mountainpharmd that was great! Rx recruiters are delusional and mislead young pharmacists everyday. Rxnupe, if you are a pharmacist, work in one of your cvs stores and then let's hear your opinion. I worked for cvs. It is one of the most corrupt companies in retail/pharmacy from the top down. Working conditions are deplorable and those in middle/upper management are only concerned about a dollar profit. Cvs only makes a slave out of pharmacists and techs for their compensation. The company does not see pharmacy as a caring healthcare profession. The company is squeezing the life out of the profession and the people working for them for every dollar it can make. The dms are pushing for illegal/unethical practice and forcing compliance with kpis, triple s, all those phone calls, etc. Etc. To make as big a bonus as they possibly can. So rxnupe, get a real perspective of your company and try to be honest when you go to recruit all those innocent pharmacists who haven't experienced the real world yet. Pharmacy is a great profession for those who honestly care about people and their well-being and i love it; but, i don't love what corporate america has done to my profession. I always tell pharmacists who ask me about cvs to run as far and as fast away from the company as possible.

qft!!!!

so Mountain is mad because they added telemarketing to the business- well whoopdee doo- I don't know any telemarketers making 112k a year- jeez give me a break.

The difference is that some people go to pharmacy school to be pharmacists, not telemarketers.

if I went to Sam's, Target, Kroger or any other Retail chain and said I have a system that will generate you a 1000 more scripts a week at your store- do you honestly think anyone of them is going to say :"No we rather fill as little as possible because we really don't need the extra money...?"

You try to make it sound like other pharmacy chains don't have the option to do similar things. They do. I'm not saying that other chains are moral champions, but CVS has been the definite leader when it comes to degrading the profession in the name of profits.

Members don't see this ad :)
The difference is that some people go to pharmacy school to be pharmacists, not telemarketers.

You try to make it sound like other pharmacy chains don't have the option to do similar things. They do. I'm not saying that other chains are moral champions, but CVS has been the definite leader when it comes to degrading the profession in the name of profits.
SZ251 I know some Doctors and attorney's who have to put up with a lot of B.S and red tape in their respective fields that they didn't go to school for so what's your point?
All other pharmacies do the same thing-maybe not as aggressively as CVS but they do it- so why are you not flaming them? The only reasons why they don't do it as aggressive as CVS is because your Wal-Mart's, Kroger's, and Target's biggest profits don't come from the pharmacy- so they concentrate their tactics more so on merchandise and groceries.
I know for a fact that Tom Thumb/Randalls, Kroger's, Albertsons/Sav On and Target all use transfer coupons to get you to switch from one pharmacy to theirs- where was that taught in Pharmacy school? Is that really helping the profession? So don't you dare make this out to be just a CVS thing because it's not- it's jut the way the game is played today.

SZ251 I know some Doctors and attorney's who have to put up with a lot of B.S and red tape in their respective fields that they didn't go to school for so what's your point?
All other pharmacies do the same thing-maybe not as aggressively as CVS but they do it- so why are you not flaming them? The only reasons why they don't do it as aggressive as CVS is because your Wal-Mart's, Kroger's, and Target's biggest profits don't come from the pharmacy- so they concentrate their tactics more so on merchandise and groceries.
I know for a fact that Tom Thumb/Randalls, Kroger's, Albertsons/Sav On and Target all use transfer coupons to get you to switch from one pharmacy to theirs- where was that taught in Pharmacy school? Is that really helping the profession? So don't you dare make this out to be just a CVS thing because it's not- it's jut the way the game is played today.

Right we got it! Your whole line of reasoning is everyone else is doing it so it is okay. Are you 6 years old? You would fit in at any grade school in America. But, but Jonny did it so its okay if I do it.

This is great comedy. Please continue to argue without facts, logic or reason. Just keep telling everyone its okay to engage in illegal or unethical behaivor all the while killing the profession of pharmacy because all the other chains do it to. You are awesome and I can think of no better place for you to work than CVS. As Forest Gump would say "just like peas and carrots."

On a conceptual level, you can think about the calls as a way to help promote adherence. Whenever I hear people complaining about the calls, I wonder if they care whether or not their patients take their meds properly.

Now the exact way the calls are tracked (length of call, # refilled) I hate. But I don't hate the calls themselves (from an intern's prospective) because it is about the only chance I get to ask people who are not complaint why that is. It's a great chance to get feedback from the patient and to provide some counseling as needed.

On a conceptual level, you can think about the calls as a way to help promote adherence. Whenever I hear people complaining about the calls, I wonder if they care whether or not their patients take their meds properly.

Now the exact way the calls are tracked (length of call, # refilled) I hate. But I don't hate the calls themselves (from an intern's prospective) because it is about the only chance I get to ask people who are not complaint why that is. It's a great chance to get feedback from the patient and to provide some counseling as needed.

I agree with this entirely. The logic behind most of the things done at CVS are there to help people (and getting extra profit doesn't hurt either :smuggrin:) but the way they micromanage it is what bothers me.

Card scan rate, time to answer drive-thru, number of rings to answer the phone, ratio of generics to brand for the store to be at, and etc. and etc. are all managed to death. If I ran a pharmacy, I would probably have a drive-thru. I'd give them rubbing alcohol, tylenol, milk, ice cream etc. that they could walk in for because people are more willing to buy it if the work is done for them. But if I'm busy helping a customer/patient and my phone rings I don't want to drop what I'm doing to say "BRB" when the ringing itself indicates I'm not ready; the same for the drive-thru. If they press a button, I don't need to be timed to answer them and say "BRB." The hours are displayed on the window and if the lights are on then someone will be there shortly.

I've known on several occasions where mis-countings and transcription errors have occurred because people had to drop what they were doing and tell a customer BRB and then start back again. Yes that is the fault of the tech but the job has enough meticulous details and importance to not have to drop what your're doing every 5 mins.

Maybe as part of any CVS training environment they need to have a blow horn go off every 5 mins and you need to go over there and turn it off....

And yes, they do it at other places but not as micromanaged...

very good point

Right we got it! Your whole line of reasoning is everyone else is doing it so it is okay. Are you 6 years old? You would fit in at any grade school in America. But, but Jonny did it so its okay if I do it.

This is great comedy. Please continue to argue without facts, logic or reason. Just keep telling everyone its okay to engage in illegal or unethical behaivor all the while killing the profession of pharmacy because all the other chains do it to. You are awesome and I can think of no better place for you to work than CVS. As Forest Gump would say "just like peas and carrots."
blah blah blah- yep CVS is destroying the profession- yep blame it all on CVS- I am done talking with you

I work for CVS and dislike the pharmacist. He is so bitter after many years at CVS. He is now quite old and ready to pick on any body for anything. Old pharmacists, please retire and let the young open-minded generation to step up.

I work for CVS and dislike the pharmacist. He is so bitter after many years at CVS. He is now quite old and ready to pick on any body for anything. Old pharmacists, please retire and let the young open-minded generation to step up.
My sentiments exactly- wow I hope Mountain is reading this post! 5minutes these are the old farts who want everything back the way it used to be in the "good ole boys" days- where they had unlimited tech hours- verified about 100 scripts a day- could bring a magazine or newspaper and read for hours at a time. Now that they getting paid a hefty salary they are afraid of the work- I really wish most of them would retire- people like Mountain and OLD are a cancer to this industry.

Since the majority of pharmacists work retail they run the profession.
Exzzzactly! Majority rules.

If only a small percentage of pharmacists were taking abuse, then fine, what's stopping them from leaving, but it's not working that way right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
I love my old "old" boss :love:
I worked for him longer than anyone else...

My sentiments exactly- wow I hope Mountain is reading this post! 5minutes these are the old farts who want everything back the way it used to be in the "good ole boys" days- where they had unlimited tech hours- verified about 100 scripts a day- could bring a magazine or newspaper and read for hours at a time. Now that they getting paid a hefty salary they are afraid of the work- I really wish most of them would retire- people like Mountain and OLD are a cancer to this industry.

If the new grads are as clueless and easily brain washed as you we are all screwed.

Again, I have responded to your flawed line of thinking before. If you mean the "good 'ole days" when we actually practiced pharmacy and had the time and resources to accurately and safety fill prescriptions and counsel our patients then yes, I wish the old days would come back.

You keep repeating the same idiotic lines over and over. Here is a typical response from you. STFU you make lots of money so need to do the work. CVS is great because they make lots of money. Stop whining about doing the work and STFU….blah, blah blah…..on and on repeat ad nauseam.

You are so ****ing young, naïve and clueless you think practicing good pharmacy means filling 500 prescriptions a day with as little help as possible so the company can make more money. You do not have a clue what the hell you are doing or what you are talking about. Reading your posts is like watching a car getting ready to run off a cliff. You know what is going to happen yet you cannot take your eyes off of it.

blah blah blah- yep CVS is destroying the profession- yep blame it all on CVS- I am done talking with you

Why don't you try using some logic, reason and actual facts to back up your arguments? You refuse to make a meaningful response to anything that has been posted here. You have retorts that would make a 6 year old proud.

Try responding to some of the questions and comments that have been posted on here. Convince us how great CVS.

Looks like nothing has changed (in retail). Glad I got out. MountainPharmD...luv ya, man...continue to fight the good fight!

comparing CVS to Enron is like comparing apples to oranges. Enron defrauded honest tax payers out of millions of dollars with junk bonds. When did CVS pull such a stunt? Guys please let's cut down on this blatant attacks against a company that many of you have not even worked at for goodness sakes.
In a couple of months I will be traveling to a few pharmacy schools in hopes of recruiting for my company and I really don't any of these negatives lies you guys are spewing. You are really going to scare off a lot of potential good graduating students base on your over exaggerated lies. CVS is a great company to work for we have our good/bad like anyone ele. I really am pleading you you guys to top the attacks and the innuendos- it's getting to a point where I am so frustrated that I am really thinking about resigning and deleting my account from these forums. If you guys can't talk specifics about what you don't like than please stop this attack.

I always though comparing apples to oranges was a perfectly valid comparison; they are both fruit, they are both round, and they are roughly the same size.

With that being said, I think you need to calm down with all of you CVS defending. You think what CVS is doing with the purchase of Caremark and CCRx is completely ethical? You don't think there are some slight issues with a major pharmacy company owning a PBM? Take a second look. Just because a company is profitable doesn't make it a good company or a great company to work for.

I always though comparing apples to oranges was a perfectly valid comparison; they are both fruit, they are both round, and they are roughly the same size.

With that being said, I think you need to calm down with all of you CVS defending. You think what CVS is doing with the purchase of Caremark and CCRx is completely ethical? You don't think there are some slight issues with a major pharmacy company owning a PBM? Take a second look. Just because a company is profitable doesn't make it a good company or a great company to work for.

Add on top of that a MD for CVS trying to ram through generics for biologics without adequate testing requirements. CVS is a piece of crap company that has been numerously cited by AGs in multiple states. By the way, they are only interested in increasing their market cap and don't care about their patients due to reasons like this.

I work for CVS, so I think I can voice my opinion here.

About the phone calls, in theory...yes, they are great. But in reality, not so much. They want you to be able to reach 75% of the patients. You have to drop everything you're doing to make those phone calls. Even if you have like 5 pages of readyfill to do and tons of customers waiting, you still have to meet your goal of making those phone calls. And I never get enough techs on a Saturday for all the extra work. It's like you open a restaurant, but you don't want to serve the customers already in the restaurant cause you're too busy trying to get the customers that are not there.

CVS has these automatic phone calls. Every time I work, someone will call and ask, "why did you guys call me?" That person somehow also thinks that the call was made by us (store level) and we are supposed to know who they are. I can't tell if it's to remind them that there is something for them to pick up or it's time for them to refill their meds. So I look at their profile, and they don't have anything ready nor anything to be filled. So WTF..and this happens quite often. Recently, I got a customer screaming, yelling because CVS's called him at least 5 times in the past week. We're not allowed to take the customer's phone # off of their profile, but it was so bad that I did.

Now...what is up with up-selling CVS products? And let me tell you how ridiculous it is. The techs get ripped into pieces by the store manager if they don't meet a certain quota. It's beyond ridiculous.

So why do I still work for CVS? It's mainly because I can work whenever I want and the extra money is good, but I don't think I can last much longer.

I work for CVS, so I think I can voice my opinion here.

About the phone calls, in theory...yes, they are great. But in reality, not so much. They want you to be able to reach 75% of the patients. You have to drop everything you're doing to make those phone calls. Even if you have like 5 pages of readyfill to do and tons of customers waiting, you still have to meet your goal of making those phone calls. And I never get enough techs on a Saturday for all the extra work. It's like you open a restaurant, but you don't want to serve the customers already in the restaurant cause you're too busy trying to get the customers that are not there.

CVS has these automatic phone calls. Every time I work, someone will call and ask, "why did you guys call me?" That person somehow also thinks that the call was made by us (store level) and we are supposed to know who they are. I can't tell if it's to remind them that there is something for them to pick up or it's time for them to refill their meds. So I look at their profile, and they don't have anything ready nor anything to be filled. So WTF..and this happens quite often. Recently, I got a customer screaming, yelling because CVS's called him at least 5 times in the past week. We're not allowed to take the customer's phone # off of their profile, but it was so bad that I did.

Now...what is up with up-selling CVS products? And let me tell you how ridiculous it is. The techs get ripped into pieces by the store manager if they don't meet a certain quota. It's beyond ridiculous.

So why do I still work for CVS? It's mainly because I can work whenever I want and the extra money is good, but I don't think I can last much longer.
Allure I agree with you on the first 2 points- especially the automated calls that are not specific enough- very true. However, you are allowed to remove a customer's phone number if they request- I don't know who told you that you could- you simply deleted it out and put "no phone" or you can put their "real" number in the cell/office slot and leave the home number blank and make it the primary number. In terms of not selling enough CVS store products that is generally store specific- a store manager can't not terminate an employee if he/she doesn't sell enough of the store products- depending on the SM he/she can be a butthole about it or not a butthole about it.

Add on top of that a MD for CVS trying to ram through generics for biologics without adequate testing requirements. CVS is a piece of crap company that has been numerously cited by AGs in multiple states. By the way, they are only interested in increasing their market cap and don't care about their patients due to reasons like this.
I have been hearing these horror stories about being sued by AG's in several states for the last 5 years- when a ruling comes down then come and talk to me. Doesn't Walmart have tons of lawsuits pending- there are some communities who don't even want Walmarts in their neighborhood for various reasons- we already know about Walmarts crappy pay and denying health coverage to the majority of it's employers- you can't name too many huge companies that have not been sued or have pending investigations.
What about Walgreens getting caught for altering MD's prescriptions so they can boost their profits:
As of June 2008, Walgreens "agreed to stop altering prescriptions without physician approval as part of a multi-state agreement to settle allegations of improper billing," reported the Knoxville News Sentinel:[30][31]
Walgreens was accused of switching the dosage forms on three medications commonly prescribed for Medicaid patients without doctor approvals in order to boost profits. This resulted in Medicaid programs nationwide paying much more for the medications than they normally would have, according to a press release by the [Tennessee] attorney general's office. Walgreen Co. agreed to comply with state and federal laws on the matter, plus pay $35 million to the federal government, 42 states and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
"The compliance agreement will be in effect for five years. Walgreens did not admit liability, as part of the settlement," reported the Chicago Sun-Times.[32]
The Walgreens web site, www.walgreens.com, invited users to write reviews of some OTC products such as vitamins and nutritionals, but did not invite users to write reviews of the corresponding Walgreens-branded products. However, a recent revision of the Walgreens web site has added the ability to review any product it sells.
Oh let's check out Walgreens and how they treated their minority pharmacist:
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...7130235_1_walgreen-discrimination-pharmacists
Walgreens Settles Class Action Lawsuit

Walgreens, the nation’s biggest drug store chain, today settled a discrimination lawsuit by minority workers who accused the company of denying them promotions on account of their race. The lawsuit was brought by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission on behalf of black employees.
As part of the settlement, Walgreens has agreed to pay $20 million to an estimated class of 10,000 employees. Walgreens will also be monitored for the next five years and have its employment processes reviewed.
Source: http://www.suntimes.com/business/466941,CST-FIN-walgreen13.article

Yeah just keep blaming everything on CVS- all the other Retail chains are just perfect angels and do nothing wrong- it's ONLY CVS that is corrupt and being investigated by AG's- yep just poor ole CVS- everyone is playing by the rules- but that CVS is just so naughty!!!!

I have been hearing these horror stories about being sued by AG's in several states for the last 5 years- when a ruling comes down then come and talk to me. Doesn't Walmart have tons of lawsuits pending- there are some communities who don't even want Walmarts in their neighborhood for various reasons- we already know about Walmarts crappy pay and denying health coverage to the majority of it's employers- you can't name too many huge companies that have not been sued or have pending investigations.
What about Walgreens getting caught for altering MD's prescriptions so they can boost their profits:
As of June 2008, Walgreens "agreed to stop altering prescriptions without physician approval as part of a multi-state agreement to settle allegations of improper billing," reported the Knoxville News Sentinel:[30][31]
Walgreens was accused of switching the dosage forms on three medications commonly prescribed for Medicaid patients without doctor approvals in order to boost profits. This resulted in Medicaid programs nationwide paying much more for the medications than they normally would have, according to a press release by the [Tennessee] attorney general's office. Walgreen Co. agreed to comply with state and federal laws on the matter, plus pay $35 million to the federal government, 42 states and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
"The compliance agreement will be in effect for five years. Walgreens did not admit liability, as part of the settlement," reported the Chicago Sun-Times.[32]
The Walgreens web site, www.walgreens.com, invited users to write reviews of some OTC products such as vitamins and nutritionals, but did not invite users to write reviews of the corresponding Walgreens-branded products. However, a recent revision of the Walgreens web site has added the ability to review any product it sells.
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...7130235_1_walgreen-discrimination-pharmacists

Walgreens, the nation’s biggest drug store chain, today settled a discrimination lawsuit by minority workers who accused the company of denying them promotions on account of their race. The lawsuit was brought by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission on behalf of black employees.
As part of the settlement, Walgreens has agreed to pay $20 million to an estimated class of 10,000 employees. Walgreens will also be monitored for the next five years and have its employment processes reviewed.

Yeah just keep blaming everything on CVS- all the other Retail chains are just perfect angels and do nothing wrong- it's ONLY CVS that is corrupt and being investigated by AG's- yep just poor ole CVS- everyone is playing by the rules- but that CVS is just so naughty!!!!

If we made a Wags sucks and RA sucks thread, would you stop getting all bent out of shape? Is it that we only talk about CVS or that we talk bad about CVS that bothers you?

You keep doing a strawman by making points not relevant to the issues at hand for many people. Thats all I'm going to say on it so I don't continue the arguing.

I'll make a WAGS sucks and RA sucks thread right now if you want though, Nupe.

What is it you normally say? "Kleenex aisle 5?" Dude, get over it. They all suck. It's retail, but CVS blows. That's what the thread is about. If you can't afford a tissue, let me know. I don't work in mainstream pharmacy and am doing really well. I'll buy them for you.

I am floored by this CVS customer calls mess. On top of everything you have to do, they added pharmacy having to make phone calls????? I understood Target did that service because they were lower-volume and that customer calls to check if they completed their antibiotics, etc. was done during down time.

Why Walgreens sucks =/= why CVS is great.

If we made a Wags sucks and RA sucks thread, would you stop getting all bent out of shape? Is it that we only talk about CVS or that we talk bad about CVS that bothers you?

You keep doing a strawman by making points not relevant to the issues at hand for many people. Thats all I'm going to say on it so I don't continue the arguing.

I'll make a WAGS sucks and RA sucks thread right now if you want though, Nupe.
What bothers me is the simply mindless people who actually take their time to vent. This is no different from when Bush was in office and all the liberals claimed he should be arrested for war crimes and now the Republicans who believe Obama is detroying America and now these guys like Mountain who thinks CVS is destroying the Pharmacy profession even though he doesn't even worked for them- wow this is great entertainment. Tomorrow when you guys wake up- guess what CVS will still be open for business and doing very well. So have any of you guys thought that if CVS is so horrible- why are they filling so many prescriptions? I mean everyone isn't locked into going to CVS correct? If you say CVS is horrible to it's employees well they employ the largest number of Pharmacist- I guess we must have a secret clause that says we CVS Pharmacists' can't quit or leave no matter what the conditions are we just have to be CVS slaves.
Retail is Retail folks and as I said a million times if you think WAGS is not out there to get as much profit as possible you are nuts. If you think Target, Sam's or Wal-mart doesn't want more scripts in their pharmacy you are again nuts. What do you think the whole strategy behind Wal-marts $4 dollar program? You think it was recall because they cared about the poor man? Hell No! It was there way of getting a huge percentage of the retail business and in many cases they did more harm to the profession of retail pharmacy than CVS or any other chain. How many Independents can literally match Wal-Mart's $4 generic prices? Generic Lamisil is still roughly about $67 wholesale for a 30 ct bottle and it's on Wal-Mart $4 list you think Independents can buy generic lamisil at $67 wholesale and turn around and sell it for $4???? Guys/Gals wake up- this is corporate America it's just the way it is. Do you think Exxon wants Flexx fuel to be popular in the U.S? why do you think Brazil imports only 10% of it's oil from the Middle East and the other 90% comes from it's own Sugar cane ethanol consumption? You can pout and whine all you want - this is what you have to deal with when you have a capitalist nation.
Mountain you can go back and remember the old days when Pharmacist use to counsel and only did 100 scripts a day- sorry those days are gone buddy. They left right with the days when Doctors would make house calls. Mountain I bet you cry and complain when you watch MTV? LOL. Remember the days when MTV just played music videos??? Get what the times Mountain- if you don't like CVS don't wok for them or patronize their establishments- it's just that simple, but no Mountain you come off like you are some expert with your LIES about a store doing 600 a day and only having 3 days- you are a LIAR that would not happen. Mountain you giving your opinion on CVS and you never worked for them is absurd as me giving my opinion to some swimmers and I never been in the water! You catch my drift?

You catch my drift?

No. No one catches your drift. All I am catching is your grade school logic combined with paragraphs of nonsensical ramblings. Oh and no matter what CVS does it is okay because all the other retail chains are doing it.

Someday you will grow up.....maybe.

No. No one catches your drift. All I am catching is your grade school logic combined with paragraphs of nonsensical ramblings. Oh and no matter what CVS does it is okay because all the other retail chains are doing it.

Someday you will grow up.....maybe.

I'm definitely with you. The problem with the "profession" of pharmacy really comes down to the following negative factors:
1. Crap companies, that are mainly retail, making pharmacists nothing more than overpaid drive-thru attendants. Think about CVS/WAGS and then McDonalds. What's the difference?
2. Crap schools that are opening because ACPE doesn't have the balls or intelligence to regulate the profession and keep things in balance.
3. Immature people getting into pharmacy school and immature people graduating (not a generalization).

Get a clue nupe. People can dislike retail. Get over it unless you disagree. But if you disagree, gain some ability to debate.

cvs--a new low??
have heard from some of my fellow pharmacists at c.v.s. about a new use they have now for their interns--seems like some are being used now to drive around to different stores with timers in their hands--they pull up to drive-thru's at the stores and actually time how long it takes for someone to wait on them--sooooooooooo good to know that cvs has found a way to tap all the up to date knowledge and enthusiasm of their fresh interns---give me a break!!!!soo glad I got lucky and landed a job with an indy--maybe I will drive thru the cvs down the road and see if they can't get me a big mac and 2 rxs in 30 seconds or less--I"ll have my stopwatch in hand.. aghhhhhhhh

cvs--a new low??
have heard from some of my fellow pharmacists at c.v.s. about a new use they have now for their interns--seems like some are being used now to drive around to different stores with timers in their hands--they pull up to drive-thru's at the stores and actually time how long it takes for someone to wait on them--sooooooooooo good to know that cvs has found a way to tap all the up to date knowledge and enthusiasm of their fresh interns---give me a break!!!!soo glad I got lucky and landed a job with an indy--maybe I will drive thru the cvs down the road and see if they can't get me a big mac and 2 rxs in 30 seconds or less--I"ll have my stopwatch in hand.. aghhhhhhhh

I have not been asked to do this, nor would I do so.

1. Walgreens - the a--holes that put the drive-thru in before CVS paving the way for retail pharmacy as a f---ing joke
2. Walgreens - the a--holes that started dynamic workflow leading to POWER which obviously cuts pharmacist/tech jobs. Let us watch who follows...
3. Walgreens - the a--holes that first "perfected" flu shots on a massive scale as "waiters" and debacle that followed
4. Walmart - the a--holes that started the $4 dollar bull---- that scraped every bit of profit out of the top generics for EVERYONE.
5. Giant Eagle / Publix / Random Supermarkets - the a--holes that continued the loss leader strategy from #4 with free abx

CVS - yeah lets nominate them for worst company for following the leaders, makes perfect sense.

"Oh but the antitrust/merger/unscrupulous business tactics, blah blah blah" -- tell me with a straight face the effects of the first 5 items didn't hit retail as a PROFESSION harder. It is like looking at the financial events from the past 3 or so years and just talking about what a s---head Bernie Madoff was while completely leaving the real players like Goldman Sachs and crew out of the conversation.

I just never understand why CVS gets bashed 10x more than any other company on here when the other companies truly undermined the profession to a greater degree.

1. Walgreens - the a--holes that put the drive-thru in before CVS paving the way for retail pharmacy as a f---ing joke
2. Walgreens - the a--holes that started dynamic workflow leading to POWER which obviously cuts pharmacist/tech jobs. Let us watch who follows...
3. Walgreens - the a--holes that first "perfected" flu shots on a massive scale as "waiters" and debacle that followed
4. Walmart - the a--holes that started the $4 dollar bull---- that scraped every bit of profit out of the top generics for EVERYONE.
5. Giant Eagle / Publix / Random Supermarkets - the a--holes that continued the loss leader strategy from #4 with free abx

CVS - yeah lets nominate them for worst company for following the leaders, makes perfect sense.

"Oh but the antitrust/merger/unscrupulous business tactics, blah blah blah" -- tell me with a straight face the effects of the first 5 items didn't hit retail as a PROFESSION harder. It is like looking at the financial events from the past 3 or so years and just talking about what a s---head Bernie Madoff was while completely leaving the real players like Goldman Sachs and crew out of the conversation.

I just never understand why CVS gets bashed 10x more than any other company on here when the other companies truly undermined the profession to a greater degree.

Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

What bothers me is the simply mindless people who actually take their time to vent. This is no different from when Bush was in office and all the liberals claimed he should be arrested for war crimes and now the Republicans who believe Obama is detroying America and now these guys like Mountain who thinks CVS is destroying the Pharmacy profession even though he doesn't even worked for them- wow this is great entertainment. Tomorrow when you guys wake up- guess what CVS will still be open for business and doing very well. So have any of you guys thought that if CVS is so horrible- why are they filling so many prescriptions? I mean everyone isn't locked into going to CVS correct? If you say CVS is horrible to it's employees well they employ the largest number of Pharmacist- I guess we must have a secret clause that says we CVS Pharmacists' can't quit or leave no matter what the conditions are we just have to be CVS slaves.
Retail is Retail folks and as I said a million times if you think WAGS is not out there to get as much profit as possible you are nuts. If you think Target, Sam's or Wal-mart doesn't want more scripts in their pharmacy you are again nuts. What do you think the whole strategy behind Wal-marts $4 dollar program? You think it was recall because they cared about the poor man? Hell No! It was there way of getting a huge percentage of the retail business and in many cases they did more harm to the profession of retail pharmacy than CVS or any other chain. How many Independents can literally match Wal-Mart's $4 generic prices? Generic Lamisil is still roughly about $67 wholesale for a 30 ct bottle and it's on Wal-Mart $4 list you think Independents can buy generic lamisil at $67 wholesale and turn around and sell it for $4???? Guys/Gals wake up- this is corporate America it's just the way it is. Do you think Exxon wants Flexx fuel to be popular in the U.S? why do you think Brazil imports only 10% of it's oil from the Middle East and the other 90% comes from it's own Sugar cane ethanol consumption? You can pout and whine all you want - this is what you have to deal with when you have a capitalist nation.
Mountain you can go back and remember the old days when Pharmacist use to counsel and only did 100 scripts a day- sorry those days are gone buddy. They left right with the days when Doctors would make house calls. Mountain I bet you cry and complain when you watch MTV? LOL. Remember the days when MTV just played music videos??? Get what the times Mountain- if you don't like CVS don't wok for them or patronize their establishments- it's just that simple, but no Mountain you come off like you are some expert with your LIES about a store doing 600 a day and only having 3 days- you are a LIAR that would not happen. Mountain you giving your opinion on CVS and you never worked for them is absurd as me giving my opinion to some swimmers and I never been in the water! You catch my drift?

Just to show you how much you know, generic lamisil tablets are not $67 Wholesale. And we can match $4 dollar generics and we do everyday. In fact, just to show you what you know, after generic rebates, we double our money if we match the generic lamisil $4 from walmart...You need to take a step back and throw your ego out the window. Do you know the difference between WAC, AWP, MAC etc etc..cause if you dont, go read about it and then return here and draw up a concise logical argument. I dont even think you know how the Pharmacy business works. All you are to them is a pill pusher...Good luck to you.

cvs--a new low??

I guess if somebody pissed on you, you might think it was raining. Do you believe everything you are told?

I guess if somebody pissed on you, you might think it was raining. Do you believe everything you are told?

Make it rain, old timer, make it rain...

So what? Everyone else sucks does not = CVS is great.

The difference is there arn't psycho Walgreens or Walmart Pharmacists on here trying to tell how great all there company. Trust me if some fool comes on here like Oldtimer and Rxnupe and tries to tell us how great POWER is we will let them have it.

God Bless you StevePerry!!!!!

So what? Everyone else sucks does not = CVS is great.

The difference is there arn't psycho Walgreens or Walmart Pharmacists on here trying to tell how great all there company. Trust me if some fool comes on here like Oldtimer and Rxnupe and tries to tell us how great POWER is we will let them have it.
Mountain let me ask you a fau question- you claimed that you don't want to be a "dispensing monkey" and spit out as much rx's as you can- keep in mind that you also stated that you worked for Safeway- which had to be a low volume store but for some reason(s)you hated that company too.
Take this following Pharmacy : http://www.doughertys.com/ they are by far the biggest compounding Pharmacy in the Dallas/ Ft.Worth area. They also have a certified Dietician on duty full time as well as supply medical supplies and offer every type of Pharmaceutical service you can imagine. This location typically do a 1000 scripts a day and keep in mind they are not 24 hours- they are a very busy, high volume pharmacy and also one of the most respectable Pharmacies in the area and has a strong customer support. So the fact that they do over 1000 scripts in a 12 hour period would you still say this Pharmacy has a bunch of "dispensing monkey's
too because they actually have a higher volume than most of the CVS or Walgreens in the area- during peak season I sometimes do a 1000 a day, but that's over a 24 hour period these guys do 1000 in 12 hours- so are they doing the profession a disservice by being dispensing monkey's?

Mountain let me ask you a fau question- you claimed that you don't want to be a "dispensing monkey" and spit out as much rx's as you can- keep in mind that you also stated that you worked for Safeway- which had to be a low volume store but for some reason(s)you hated that company too.
Take this following Pharmacy : http://www.doughertys.com/ they are by far the biggest compounding Pharmacy in the Dallas/ Ft.Worth area. They also have a certified Dietician on duty full time as well as supply medical supplies and offer every type of Pharmaceutical service you can imagine. This location typically do a 1000 scripts a day and keep in mind they are not 24 hours- they are a very busy, high volume pharmacy and also one of the most respectable Pharmacies in the area and has a strong customer support. So the fact that they do over 1000 scripts in a 12 hour period would you still say this Pharmacy has a bunch of "dispensing monkey's
too because they actually have a higher volume than most of the CVS or Walgreens in the area- during peak season I sometimes do a 1000 a day, but that's over a 24 hour period these guys do 1000 in 12 hours- so are they doing the profession a disservice by being dispensing monkey's?

It's not so much the volume. At the end of the day, Mr. Dougherty (or the owner of the pharmacy) dictates how to provide pharmacy service to his customers while maximizing profit. But CVS/Wags are driven to bend over for the stock holders. It's about having ownership in the profession you chose. You have no ownership in CVS other than some measly stock options and some vested 401k stuff... and CVS will run with or without you... with you as long as you bend over when they sneeze while having destroyed our opportunity for pharmacy ownership.

That's what Mountain is trying to say... correct me if I'm wrong.

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love what I do...and I think it's the best pharmacy job out there and I'm lucky to have it. But I would give all that up to own a pharmacy of my own. I actually used to own a pretty large DME business with 3 clinical dietiticians...a bunch of respiratory therapists and a close door pharmacy. We were the largest provider in our state. But reimubursement process change and other issues caused us to sell off a portion of the business and close the rest.

I would do it again... and if timing is right, I will. After all, I went into pharmacy to own a drug store or 2... by default and chance, I ended up doing pharm admin stuff.

Practicing Pharmacy. Pharmacy profession. Do you have any concept at all what these two things mean? Why are Pharmacists considered professionals? What does it mean to Practice Pharmacy. Think about it and come up with any answer for me. I do not think you have a clue. Let me give you a hint. Your answers will having nothing to do with prescription volume.

Practicing Pharmacy. Pharmacy profession. Do you have any concept at all what these two things mean? Why are Pharmacists considered professionals? What does it mean to Practice Pharmacy. Think about it and come up with any answer for me. I do not think you have a clue. Let me give you a hint. Your answers will having nothing to do with prescription volume.

oh no you are not getting off this easy Mountain- you posted in another thread that you are not like me because you will not be some type of "dispensing monkey" and get prescriptions out as fast as you can or hit the verify button as fast as you can(your words paraphrased), however, if Doughtery's is doing 1000 scripts a day in a 12 hour work period they obviously are not twiddling their fingers or reading a newspaper- they are actually dispensing a boatload of prescriptions of all sorts in a shorter time span than my Pharmacy. A thousand scripts in 12 hours is very high volume no matter how you split it- so why would you consider people at high volume CVS stores dispensing monkey's and Doughtery's not? Or do you think Doughtery's Pharmacist are dispensing monkeys too because it's fair to see if you work fr Doughtery's you are going to be verifying a ton of prescriptions and keep in mind they do both sterile and non sterile compounding- so I don't see how it's ok for one and not the other?

oh no you are not getting off this easy....

What the hell are you talking about? Answer the ****ing question idiot. You have failed to answer any question anyone has posed to you in any thread. All you do is keep repeating the same BS CVS propaganda they have you brain washed with.

Oh in the other thread I throughly handed you your ass concerning the ridiculous comparison you made between CVS and Doughertys.

IT IS NOT ABOUT VOLUME!!!! IT IS ABOUT THE STAFFFING YOU ARE ALLOWED AND THE CULTURE OF THE COMPANY. PLEASE GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD.

NOW ANSWER MY ****ING QUESTIONS IDIOT!

What the hell are you talking about? Answer the ****ing question idiot. You have failed to answer any question anyone has posed to you in any thread. All you do is keep repeating the same BS CVS propaganda they have you brain washed with.

Oh in the other thread I throughly handed you your ass concerning the ridiculous comparison you made between CVS and Doughertys.

IT IS NOT ABOUT VOLUME!!!! IT IS ABOUT THE STAFFFING YOU ARE ALLOWED AND THE CULTURE OF THE COMPANY. PLEASE GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD.

NOW ANSWER MY ****ING QUESTIONS IDIOT!

Man you really need to calm down. I'm not siding with anyone but when I read your posts I feel like your blood pressure is through the roof.