CSPM students general thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi Guys,

What is your opinion on the student health insurance? The FA package says its around 3936 :eek:, which seems ridiculous to me. From their website, they say:
"The University offers a PPO plan through Anthem Blue Cross, complete with prescription drug plan, co-pays, vision and dental exams, and the ability to enroll dependents, spouse and domestic partners. Students can waive this plan if they have equal or better benefits through an employer group plan that they may be covered under."

So is this insurance worth it and what other more affordable plans that can be used to cover theirs are available? Maybe some current students can help me here.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

If you can get it cheaper for the same level of coverage, do so. HOWEVER, if it is not the same level of coverage, they will force you to purchase their plan, so be careful and make sure you know all the details. In terms of other plans available, perhaps you can look into Kaiser. (From what I hear, Kaiser NorCal is worlds better than Kaiser Socal, but that may not be saying much. Additionally, the school offers a PPO plan and not an HMO plan thus it is going to be more expensive.)

In regards to volume of e-mails, both Tanya and Dean Walker-Adame are probably inundated currently, between preparing for the new students, and dealing with the old ones. (I believe Tanya is the Financial Aid Officer for the entire university, so she has multiple programs to deal with.)

Members don't see this ad :)
So I talked to the HSA, which administers the insurance, and they say only group plans can be used, so no individual plans:(. Additionally, the insurance starts on September so it only covers 11 months, working out to a total of 2994 or ~270 per month. An improvement, but I'm still not very happy about this. Are any current students using the school's health insurance and how has it been treating you?

Thanks

I have asked this to irma, and tanya, and have gotten nothing for a week...there can't be that many emails...this seems to be a bit unorganized but I dont know

Right now Dean Walker-Adame's email is way backed up. I've been told the best way to get a hold of her is via leaving her a voicemail. She checks them every day.

-J

Hello everyone, firstly thank you, second to ask where I could get videos of their university on the manufacture of foot orthoses, and also ask about that literature used in this regard.
I'm a podiatrist from Spain, Europe, here are starting to change the paradigms of Root, by Kirby, Fuller, Dannanberg, Mc Poil, Hunt, etc, but we still have little practical experience in the manufacture of orthoses according to these models. I request you tell me where to get information, books, videos, forums.
I belong to the American forum, Podiatry Arena where I learn every day.
Thank you. :)