Critical care moonlighting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

manchester

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was wondering what is the average hourly rate for critical care moonlighting at a fellows level and after finishing fellowship?

Members don't see this ad.

At the fellow level is variable I imagine since you're likely in an area saturated with trainees and attendings and the labor pool is more plentiful. A hospital allowing non board certified CCM practice may be more desperate either due to bad work conditions (and have high pay) or due to low pay. My personal experience after reaching out to over a dozen hospitals was that none were interested in fellows moonlighting in the ICU except one that paid laughably low (120/hr 1099).

Members don't see this ad :)
At the fellow level is variable I imagine since you're likely in an area saturated with trainees and attendings and the labor pool is more plentiful. A hospital allowing non board certified CCM practice may be more desperate either due to bad work conditions (and have high pay) or due to low pay. My personal experience after reaching out to over a dozen hospitals was that none were interested in fellows moonlighting in the ICU except one that paid laughably low (120/hr 1099).

You get more than that as Hospitalist most places.
As a fellow is tough to moonlight in ccm.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
I would imagine its difficult to do anything other than basic hospitalists weekend coverage and prn urgent care type of shifts as a fellow. Very difficult to find the time for one, secondly very difficult to find the time employers for prn coverage would want. Holidays, weekends are great pay.