Creighton U Distance Applicants for Fall 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone know about how many seats are still open for distance? I'm debating on if I should bother applying to distance since my i'm pretty late into their deadline now.

Members don't see this ad.

If they accepted every person they have interviewed so far, then only half of the class would be filled (approximately 35). I don't have definite facts on this, I'm just postulating. Maybe drugdoc knows if he logs on soon. If your stats are really good, I would apply. The distance program seems to be a little more competitive than other programs. You can look up the averages for the fall 2009 class on their website.

Whew, finally recieved interview invite!! I will be there next friday!

Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats peester. The waiting is awful (before you get an interview and after), but you are going to love the school. The program is amazing.

Thanks revilod.. I am a Florida boy, so how do you drive in the snow? I rented a car for the 2 days in Omaha, and looking at the weather the highs there are the lower than the lows where I am. Kinda nervous about that, but I will give myself plenty of time to get there.

I'm a Texas girl myself. Just moved to Nebraska this past summer. It's definitely a lot colder here. Drive slowly and you'll be okay. If it does snow, Omaha is pretty good about clearing the streets.

Hey all, I just found out that I got accepted. So if you interviewed on 2-12, then you should be hearing really soon, fyi.

phone call from kelly! shie is very nice! she said the official mail will go out on monday, but she is calling so people can relax this weekend.

Hey all, I just found out that I got accepted. So if you interviewed on 2-12, then you should be hearing really soon, fyi.

Out of curiosity, how many interviewees for distance pathway were there on that day? How was the interview? Any unusual questions?

Last edited:
Just wanted to say congratulations and welcome to all the new members of the incoming class of 2014!

The program seems awesome from the faculty to the institutional technology.

There were 21 distance pathway interviews on 2/26. Everyone in my group seemed really cool and our student guide was informative. The interview was very relaxed, they basically asked me the usual why Creighton, pharmacy, and about me questions and I talked for 30 minutes.

All around great experience, good luck to everyone!

Out of curiosity, how many interviewees for distance pathway were there on that day? How was the interview? Any unusual questions?
17 distance interviewees

interview day is great, 20 min interview, 4 1/2 hours of them selling you the school, no essay, no group work no stress!

quesitons were why pharm, why creighton, if a mad person came in your store how would u handle it, general stuff. its a breeze as long as you are relaxed.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks dreezy10 and peester for responding to my questions about the interview. I appreciate it!

I've asked Lindsey in the past and it's my understanding that for distance pathway students, the only time students need to go to campus is for welcome week, two weeks each summer for the first 3 (or is it all 4) years to do labs and graduation. Is that your understanding too?

Thanks dreezy10 and peester for responding to my questions about the interview. I appreciate it!

I've asked Lindsey in the past and it's my understanding that for distance pathway students, the only time students need to go to campus is for welcome week, two weeks each summer for the first 3 (or is it all 4) years to do labs and graduation. Is that your understanding too?

I'm a distance P3 now - for our class, we had welcome week before P1 year, 2 weeks between P1-P2, 1 week between P2-P3, then 2 weeks between P3-P4 - then of course, graduation! So, about 6 weeks total on-campus over the 4 years (unless you choose to do a couple of the electives they offer on-campus).

They may have changed it for the incoming class, but that is the way ours was set up.

Thanks ajh88 for responding to my question.

I read in a post above that the interview on Fridays ends at 5:00 (on one date, anyway). What time does it start?

Afternoon of activities started about 12:15, with registration from 11:45-12:00. Again, first 4.5 hours (at least for distance) was them telling us what Creighton has to offer - and it has a lot.
Last half hour was us talkiing to them.
Very informative and very interesting. An excellent program!!

I completed my application on March 1st and there are only two interview dates left: March 26th and April 6th.

Afternoon of activities started about 12:15, with registration from 11:45-12:00. Again, first 4.5 hours (at least for distance) was them telling us what Creighton has to offer - and it has a lot.
Last half hour was us talkiing to them.
Very informative and very interesting. An excellent program!!

Thanks for responding. If you know, did most of the out-of-state potential students spend Thursday night in a hotel or did some fly in that day? Did most leave that evening?

I completed my application on March 1st and there are only two interview dates left: March 26th and April 6th.

Their website lists March 19 as an interview date too - has that one been canceled? Did you get an interview? My app was recently completed too so I'm just waiting to see how it all goes. Have my fingers crossed. Meanwhile, I'm gathering as much info as I can. Good luck!

Their website lists March 19 as an interview date too - has that one been canceled? Did you get an interview? My app was recently completed too so I'm just waiting to see how it all goes. Have my fingers crossed. Meanwhile, I'm gathering as much info as I can. Good luck!

I figure they already sent out the invitations out for March 19th. 3 weeks of notice is common, I thought.

Has anybody who has interviewed on Feb 26 heard back yet?
The suspense is killing me. It seems they contacted (called) people 2 weeks after interviewing the last few rounds.

Anybody hear anything?
Thanks.

Has anybody who has interviewed on Feb 26 heard back yet?
The suspense is killing me. It seems they contacted (called) people 2 weeks after interviewing the last few rounds.

Anybody hear anything?
Thanks.

I'm still waiting, too, and the suspense is killing me. I've been checking my phone obsessively, only to be disappointed. I hope we hear soon!

Hello,
I just got a letter in the mail stating that I have been placed in the alternate pool for Creighton Distance Pathway. I have not been offered an interview. Is anyone else in the same situation as me or have had experience with this in the past?

I also interviewed on February 26th, and I have yet to hear from them. So, I called yesterday, and they said that it showed that I interviewed on the 26th, but they have not sent any correspondence yet, and no activity has been updated on my file. I know they were on Spring break this week, so maybe that is the hold up. :xf:

I also interviewed on February 26th, and I have yet to hear from them. So, I called yesterday, and they said that it showed that I interviewed on the 26th, but they have not sent any correspondence yet, and no activity has been updated on my file. I know they were on Spring break this week, so maybe that is the hold up. :xf:

Thanks for sharing that with us. I thought about calling yesterday, but ended up convincing myself to wait out the full 3 weeks first. It would make sense that spring break would hold things up. Maybe none of our files have been reviewed yet, since it seems like we are all still waiting? Hopefully, we don't have too much longer to wait. :xf:

Good luck, everyone!

Hello,
I just got a letter in the mail stating that I have been placed in the alternate pool for Creighton Distance Pathway. I have not been offered an interview. Is anyone else in the same situation as me or have had experience with this in the past?

It seems those that were offered admission were called within two weeks, at least that is my experience with the Distance Pathway.

Also, when I interviewed, they said that about 140 interview slots were open for 72 seats. They waitlist about 40 or so but not all of those have been interviewed. In other words, they said that some people are good enough not to be flat out rejected, but not good enough to be interviewed with their limited schedule. Then you also have a certain number who are interview and not accepted nor placed on the alternate list

Also when I was there admits said that during May they sit down again and review how many openings they have left, usually 5-10 and rank the alternate list. So if you interviewed and were placed on the alternate list then you have a good chance of a high rank. If you have not interviewed, most likely you will be low on the ranked list.

I hope this helps! You really should call and talk to them. They are very happy to help. :oops:

Thanks to all for the information. It appears that all of us that interviewed on the 26th are in the same boat :xf:.
It would make sense that they would delay a little for spring break, and let us know sometime next week - good or bad. I really feel good about the program, and hope I can fit into it well.

Good luck to all, and I'll post if I hear anything, positive or negative.
Thanks again for sharing.

Just want to share with you all on this thread.....
I interviewed 2/26 and got an acceptance phone call from Creighton on 3/11. They said they will mail the official letter next week. Though I did email them (on 3/5) to ask when I will be expecting to hear from them b/c I am trying to avoid putting down a deposit for another school (which is due before 3/12). So maybe that is why they called me before 3/12.
I am assuming the acceptance letters are being sent some time next week.....so don't panic :)
If you really want to know, try calling them or send them a email....they are very nice people :D

BTW....anyone from Southern California (San Diego area) going to do this distance program with Creighton U?

I couldn't take it anymore, so I called Creighton this afternoon.
Of course they were as courteous and nice as always, and they said they sent the letter - with good news in it.
YAY!
I'm excited, but it probably won't sink in until I receive the letter.

Can't wait. Best of luck to those still waiting. :xf:

I'm starting to fear that I'm not going to he getting good news. I broke down and emailed Creighton on Monday to see if they could tell me the status of my app. Lindsay simply reminded me (nicely) that it can take 3 weeks, then said that they were in the process of preparing admission letters to be mailed. She didn't tell me what decision had been made or anything. Probably not a good sign, right? Now I'm scared. I don't want to email her again and annoy her, but I also don't really want to hear the words if the news is bad. Guess I'm stuck waiting some more, even if it is killing me. :(

Congratulations, DSinVA, and hope for the best, OneGirlArmy. I've been checking this thread daily to hear any news as I keep waiting to hear back about my completed application.

To you and others, would you post your stats along with any experience you have in pharmacy? Just want to see if my application would be considered competitive enough.

Has anyone gotten an invitation to interview for the 26th or 9th, or heard back about a recently completed application?

tsicamrahp - Thanks for the congrats. My stats are not as useful as others, as I am an Engineer, and completed most of my prerequ's 15 or so years ago (Physics, Calc, General Chem, PChem, etc). I only had 7 other prerequs to take (OChem I & II, A & P I & II, Bio), and did well in them.
I'm also a Pharmacy Technician, to gain experience and make sure this is what I want to do - and it IS!!
Anyway, in previous conversations with the admissions people, I know they look very strongly at the complete 'package', including extra-curricular and service type projects. They also heavily consider your Organic Chem grade(s), and experience in pharmacy (Technician or shadowing a Pharmacist).

Onegirlarmy - GOOD LUCK!! my fingers are crossed for you, and maybe we'll see each other at the orientation!

Congratulations, DSinVA, and hope for the best, OneGirlArmy. I've been checking this thread daily to hear any news as I keep waiting to hear back about my completed application.

To you and others, would you post your stats along with any experience you have in pharmacy? Just want to see if my application would be considered competitive enough.

Has anyone gotten an invitation to interview for the 26th or 9th, or heard back about a recently completed application?

tsicamrahp,
I haven't heard anything about my recently completed app other than it is complete and that they look forward to forwarding it to adcom.
I don't really think I have much of a chance but I figured it couldn't hurt to apply...stats are as follows:
PharmCAS GPA 2.74 :(, calculated with repeats it's 3.2
Composite PCAT 95
2 1/2 years retail tech exerience
25 years old, single parent of 1, which doesn't really leave much time for EC's
2 LOR's, 1 from bio professor (phD), 1 from RPh

Thanks DSinVA for providing all of that information. It is very good to know!

And, good luck to you, Pharmerjones! No, it never hurts to try. Please let me know if you hear anything!

I got call & mail from Creighton today! I got accepted!! :soexcited:
Actually, today I also got accepted to midwestern... but Creighton is my top choice so I am very excited. I interviewed on 2/26. Below are my stats for those who are curious:

overall/pre gpa: ~3.8
pcat: ~ mid 70s
Bachelor in pharmacy
Pharm Tech experience
Volunteering experience
Great recommendation letters

Good luck to you all! :luck:

Just got alternate letter. I will decline an alternate selection. Good luck to everyone, I hope you get what you want!

The only thing I can think of is that I didnt have a lot of community involvement. Been busy working full time to support a family while taking a full load at night, not good enough...(but I'm not bitter:)).

Good luck to everyone!!

B.S. University of Florida (3.7)
3.5 Undergrad, 3.75 Post-Bac
PCAT 93

USN- Accepted 2/09/10:thumbup:

Creighton- Alternate???:thumbdown: Will decline

Last edited:
I got the call today & I was worried for no reason! I got in! I'm so excited.

My stats for whoever asked: 3.7 GPA, 83 PCAT, almost 3 years experience as a tech. I've done a little volunteer work & worked as a caregiver for several months.

I got my acceptance phone call today :).

Just checking to see if anyone will be interviewing this Friday. If you do, please let me know how it all goes! Has anyone gotten an invite for the April interview? I'm still waiting to hear back about my completed application...

Hi guys,

I interviewed on the 26 th of march. we had 11 distance candidates.My interview was easy.But not sure if they accepted me. How long do they take to notify us?

Hi guys,

I interviewed on the 26 th of march. we had 11 distance candidates.My interview was easy.But not sure if they accepted me. How long do they take to notify us?

According to the responses above, three weeks seems to be the standard. Good luck!

Hi guys,

Expect 3 weeks. I got accepted, and I didn't get the call until exactly 3 weeks after my interview. I thought I would hear sooner if I got in, and believe me, I was pretty uptight by the time I got that call. :) So definitely expect 3 weeks and try not too stress too much...Easier said than done, I know! Good luck!

Hey guys!

I just got an interview invite today (March 30th) and I am curious if it would be worth it to fly out. Anyone know if the class is almost full?

Also, anyone know about the potential for residencies coming from Creighton?

Thanks in advance and GOOD LUCK!

Drex:
Personally, I think it is well worth the trip out there. It sounds a little like your not sure if you want to go. If you want to go to school there, it's a trip worth taking! But it's a personal choice.
Remember it is on the more expensive side, but none of the schools are cheap. I have talked to a few people there concerning various things (financial aid, general questions), and everyone appears genuinely interested in getting me answers and helping me succeed.
VERY good impression so far! :D

I finally got an interview invite at 3:33pm today!! The waiting has been sooo excruciating. However, I am so excited! I'd appreciate it greatly if all of you who went through the interview process would spend a few moments to answer the questions in the INTERVIEW FEEDBACK (top of the SDN website) so that I can fully prepare myself!

The interview is for next Friday so that doesn't leave me much time to plan. I'll be flying out of the west coast and a quick look at flights tells me it will be impossible to fly in and out the same day. Where did you stay? Do you recommend it? Is it necessary to rent a car or I'd be able to manage by public transportation or foot alone?

Also, I'll take any advice any of you have for me. You can PM me too with more details if you'd like! I'd greatly appreciate it! Creighton is the only school I've applied to and this is my second time around (last year I made it onto the alternate's list without an interview invite). Thank you to anyone who responds! Thank you!

Last edited:
Congrats! I felt the interview in general was very conversational. Typical questions, why pharmacy, why Creighton, tell us about yourself, what difficulties have you faced and how did you deal with them, etc. I interviewed for a campus spot so there might be a few questions if you are applying to the distance learning program concerning your ability to learn on your own and how you do with online classes.
I had interviewed in Chicago for a few schools and only took taxis around, which was expensive and I felt trapped. For Omaha I actually rented a car, by the time I figured in taxi fairs (plus tips) it was pretty much the same price as renting, so I chose to have the freedom of renting a vehicle. Omaha wasn't too difficult to navigate, however I did have a GPS unit. I actually stayed in Council Bluffs, Iowa, just across the river. Not the nicest place but cheap and not hard to find.
My best advice would be to go out of your way to be conversational, try to stand out, be yourself and enjoy.
Overall I really enjoyed my experience interviewing there and I was really impressed by their program.

Thanks for your response and for responding to my previous PMs! I appreciate it! (I figured out the 'gallo' part of your name, matching it to the picture of the Rooster but was always curious about the 'ecua' part of it...) Keep me updated on where you end up going, ok!

Congrats! I felt the interview in general was very conversational. Typical questions, why pharmacy, why Creighton, tell us about yourself, what difficulties have you faced and how did you deal with them, etc. I interviewed for a campus spot so there might be a few questions if you are applying to the distance learning program concerning your ability to learn on your own and how you do with online classes.
I had interviewed in Chicago for a few schools and only took taxis around, which was expensive and I felt trapped. For Omaha I actually rented a car, by the time I figured in taxi fairs (plus tips) it was pretty much the same price as renting, so I chose to have the freedom of renting a vehicle. Omaha wasn't too difficult to navigate, however I did have a GPS unit. I actually stayed in Council Bluffs, Iowa, just across the river. Not the nicest place but cheap and not hard to find.
My best advice would be to go out of your way to be conversational, try to stand out, be yourself and enjoy.
Overall I really enjoyed my experience interviewing there and I was really impressed by their program.

Creighton's interview process is extremely smooth, they go way out of their way to make you feel at home and comfortable. When everybody is signing in before the process starts, most all of the interviewers are out in the crowd, walking around and talking to candidates, trying to relax them and make them feel comfortable. I met my interviewers and had a great conversation before I actually got in to the formal interview, so introduce yourself to all the faculty you can when they're out talking to candidates. The actual interview is conducted in one of the faculty's offices, with two interviewers. The interviews are extremely friendly and relaxed, they both told me a little about themselves, then asked me to tell them a little about myself. You can tell them anything you want them to know about you, the interview is closed file, ie. they don't know anything more about you than your name. I was asked some of the same questions, Why pharmacy? Tell me about what you do as a pharm tech., etc. I was also asked how I handle an adverse situation, and how I thought professors could induce critical thought among students. (They asked the last one because I have a BA in philosophy). Overall its a quick and painless process.

As for Omaha, you're best bet is to rent a car. The airport isn't very far from campus, but the public transit is nearly non-existent, and cabs will rack up the cost in the long run. I've been here for 4 years now, I did my undergrad degree at Creighton. If you have any specific questions about the school, the interview process, or the city, feel free to IM me. Good Luck!

Congratulations on the interview invite, tsicamrahp. I've been keeping up to see if you got an invitation. I think I saw in another post that you have a spouse in CRNA school too. My spouse will be completing his first year at the end of May. You will love Creighton. You want to emphasize your ability to be self-motivated and disciplined obviously because of the distance portion. But Creighton is also big on the Ignatian values and dedication to service, so have examples of those even if it isn't recent. My previous community service is from several years ago before I had all four of my kids, but they still wanted to know about what I had done in the past. Good luck! By the way, where are you at in California? My husband is from San Francisco.