Creighton U Distance Applicants for Fall 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.iz-n

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, has anyone received an interview invite for Creighton's distance program? If so what are your stats? I see for the Fall 2009 entering class the average composite PCAT score was 83, which I expected to be higher. The average science GPA was 3.5ish, I can't remember the overall GPA scores...

Does anyone know if Creighton averages your prerequiste courses, particullary if took them over? Or do they look at the most recent attempt?

Members don't see this ad.

I had an email correspondence with an admissions counselor late last week Friday 10/8 and she said the adcom had just begun reviewing applications last week and that "you should be hearing from us soon about your status". So I don't think anyone has received an interview invitation. Did you get the email saying your file will be one of the first reviewed? An admissions recruiter is visiting my campus tomorrow and I hope to get more information there. Actually, I hope to get an invitation email BEFORE the recruiter meeting at 3pm!

Regarding calculating gpa, those sound like valid questions worthy of a call to the admissions office. Let us know what you find out.

Thanks so much! I actually am waiting to do my supplemental stuff once my pharmcas arrives at Creighton. I will call the Admissions tomorrow for sure! Thanks for your feedback!

I had an email correspondence with an admissions counselor late last week Friday 10/8 and she said the adcom had just begun reviewing applications last week and that "you should be hearing from us soon about your status". So I don't think anyone has received an interview invitation. Did you get the email saying your file will be one of the first reviewed? An admissions recruiter is visiting my campus tomorrow and I hope to get more information there. Actually, I hope to get an invitation email BEFORE the recruiter meeting at 3pm!

Regarding calculating gpa, those sound like valid questions worthy of a call to the admissions office. Let us know what you find out.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got the email to come for an interview at 8.46 this morning! They asked for a reply within 2 weeks. They got one within 2 minutes!

Who else will be there with me on Nov 20?

Last edited:
I just booked my flight. There were none at a reasonable rate that left after the interviews were over, so I'm staying over on Friday night, too. If anyone else wants to come, I'm planning to see the new Twilight movie opening that night!

How long does it usually take for them to get back to you, after you submit the supp app?

wow, some people already got interviews. I got the same emails from admissions on that same week, but no interview:( Could you guys keep us posted on your status...thank s and good luck!

Just finished my supplemental application! Pharmcas still hasn't mailed my application out even though I submitted it Sept. 30th! I should probably call them and figure out what's going on. They have already calculated my GPA's so I don't know what the hold up is. Hoping for an interview in Dec. since my hubby and I are going on vacation Nov. 20th-28th.

wow, some people already got interviews. I got the same emails from admissions on that same week, but no interview:( Could you guys keep us posted on your status...thank s and good luck!

just declined an interview invitation for nov 20 or dec 4th.

another opening for one of you. good luck!

I am almost finished with my supplemental, will finish this weekend. I know my GPA for Pharmcas was calculated monday (they had some corrections to make which took forever and I submitted on Sept 23). How will you know when they have mailed out your PharmCas application? Do you think that they might mail and also submit electronically to Creighton? I'm' hoping I can do an interview in February--lots of family health stuff going on right now...
Just finished my supplemental application! Pharmcas still hasn't mailed my application out even though I submitted it Sept. 30th! I should probably call them and figure out what's going on. They have already calculated my GPA's so I don't know what the hold up is. Hoping for an interview in Dec. since my hubby and I are going on vacation Nov. 20th-28th.

I am almost finished with my supplemental, will finish this weekend. I know my GPA for Pharmcas was calculated monday (they had some corrections to make which took forever and I submitted on Sept 23). How will you know when they have mailed out your PharmCas application? Do you think that they might mail and also submit electronically to Creighton? I'm' hoping I can do an interview in February--lots of family health stuff going on right now...

I don't know how they do it, but after pharmcas mailed I got emails the next day from the schools saying they were received.

Members don't see this ad :)
do you guys think creighton designated a certain number of seats to certain states for the distant pathways program? :rolleyes:

do you guys think creighton designated a certain number of seats to certain states for the distant pathways program? :rolleyes:
No I don't think so, but I am not 100 percent on that

Interesting thought having so many slots designated for different states. Don't they have like an extrememe number of states they claim there students represent? Very interesting!

Interesting thought having so many slots designated for different states. Don't they have like an extrememe number of states they claim there students represent? Very interesting!

hmm good question

i was just thinking about that because when i called a long time ago saying i was interested in the distant pathways program, the receptionist asked what state i was from and than transferred me to a counselor for that state maybe?
i think it would be kid of awesome to have them selected from different states:rolleyes:

Hey, has anyone had any updates on anything? I know last week I had send the syllabi for two courses I took online, but they said it's now in the Committee's hands. Yikes! Any updates anyone on interview invites?

i was just thinking about that because when i called a long time ago saying i was interested in the distant pathways program, the receptionist asked what state i was from and than transferred me to a counselor for that state maybe?
i think it would be kid of awesome to have them selected from different states:rolleyes:

I got an email for interview on wednesday. I submitted the supplemental on 10-20

Thanks for sharing. I submitted my supplemental on the 19th of October, then I got an email asking for the syllabi for 2 courses on the 28th. Submitted that back on the 28th, then on Friday the 30th I called to follow-up to see if I needed to do anything else. They stated that it was in the Admission Committee's hands.

My stats are 2.98 SCI Pharmcas, 3.15 Cumulative Pharmcas, and 77 composite PCAT. May I mind asking what everyone else's stats are who are getting interviews to see if I remotely have a chance?

I got an email for interview on wednesday. I submitted the supplemental on 10-20

are they requesting syllabus for all online courses?

I submitted my supp on 10/23 I believe for campus pathway. Still no invitation. I hope there are still open spots to interview for December! Does anyone know how often they review applications? The anxiety is brutal!

No, I don't think so. I have taken lots of online courses, some for pre-requisites, and these were the only 2 classes they asked for.
I wouldn't worry about it unless they ask you for it.

are they requesting syllabus for all online courses?

Hmm...Okay, so I guess they are slow with both the campus and online programs... I would want to interview in late February or March. I'm always fearful of winter weather and getting stuck in an airport. I've heard that they review applications every Thursday, but not sure if that is true or not.

I submitted my supp on 10/23 I believe for campus pathway. Still no invitation. I hope there are still open spots to interview for December! Does anyone know how often they review applications? The anxiety is brutal!

I submitted my app on 10/19 for campus pathway and got an interview. They gave me two dates 11/20 and 12/4. I chose 12/4 because I have an exam 3 days after the 11/20 interview date.

Hmm...Okay, so I guess they are slow with both the campus and online programs... I would want to interview in late February or March. I'm always fearful of winter weather and getting stuck in an airport. I've heard that they review applications every Thursday, but not sure if that is true or not.

That is true they do review every Thursday. I had one of the committee members email me to ask why I want the distance pathway and he said that my application will be reviewed thursday. I am going to turn down my Nov. 20th interview, I hope someone from SDN gets my spot. :)

I still have not submitted my application for distant pathways. I wanted to wait until after fall grades to submit it which will be in a few weeks. I know its best to submit early.
If you guys don't mind sharing your stats? and if you are applying for distant or campus?

I just want to get an idea of whether i come close to the applicant pool

Overall GPA: 3.0
Science/Math GPA 2.8 :eek:
Experience-Job Shadowing in Pharmacy

Hi There,
So sure, here are my stats. I am applying for the distance program: Overall Pharmcas 3.15, Science /math pharmcas 2.98, PCAT composite--77

Lots of healthcare, volunteer experience

I still have not submitted my application for distant pathways. I wanted to wait until after fall grades to submit it which will be in a few weeks. I know its best to submit early.
If you guys don't mind sharing your stats? and if you are applying for distant or campus?

I just want to get an idea of whether i come close to the applicant pool

Overall GPA: 3.0
Science/Math GPA 2.8 :eek:
Experience-Job Shadowing in Pharmacy

Last edited:

Nope, absolutely not.

Hey, has anyone received an interview invite for Creighton's distance program? If so what are your stats? I see for the Fall 2009 entering class the average composite PCAT score was 83, which I expected to be higher. The average science GPA was 3.5ish, I can't remember the overall GPA scores...

Does anyone know if Creighton averages your prerequiste courses, particullary if took them over? Or do they look at the most recent attempt?

83 was a fluke of sorts. Distance Class of 2012 had an 89 and Distance Class of 2011 had an 89.

Anyone else received invitation for interview?

just got an interview offer email for the choice of 11/20 or 12/4 yesterday but didn't realize it until today b/c I was sleeping off the lasik surgery i had yesterday. A good first email to see today. :)

Currently I'm signed in for 12/4 b/c I think i'll still look like a zombie next week - red eyes and no make up or anything for a week~! :cool: Yikes~! not that I'm self-conscious about it, but i don't want it to be distraction for the interviewers :eek: and i'm sure it'll take up most of the convo at the interview next week...which could work in my favor, who knows? - lol~! :laugh: plus plane tix are pretty expensive out from cali. :(

I've just left a message and asked if it makes a difference going on 11/20 v.s 12/4 :confused: I'm willing to pay the extra and be a little red-eyed if it increases my chances of getting in. i'll keep you posted.

Good for you! So when did you finally submit your PharmCas and other application materials? So they only offered you two interview dates? If you don't mind, what are your stats? You can PM if you like. I'm just trying to see if they are probably offering interviews to the top candidates first. I know I'm not a top candidate with my mediocre GPA and PCAT (2.98 sci, 3.15 overall, 77 PCAT). But I hope I still have a chance!!!

just got an interview offer email for the choice of 11/20 or 12/4 yesterday but didn't realize it until today b/c I was sleeping off the lasik surgery i had yesterday. A good first email to see today. :)

Currently I'm signed in for 12/4 b/c I think i'll still look like a zombie next week - red eyes and no make up or anything for a week~! :cool: Yikes~! not that I'm self-conscious about it, but i don't want it to be distraction for the interviewers :eek: and i'm sure it'll take up most of the convo at the interview next week...which could work in my favor, who knows? - lol~! :laugh: plus plane tix are pretty expensive out from cali. :(

I've just left a message and asked if it makes a difference going on 11/20 v.s 12/4 :confused: I'm willing to pay the extra and be a little red-eyed if it increases my chances of getting in. i'll keep you posted.

Well, got my rejection letter today. It was dated November 6th, so they must have made their decision on November 5th. So bummed.
:(
Good for you! So when did you finally submit your PharmCas and other application materials? So they only offered you two interview dates? If you don't mind, what are your stats? You can PM if you like. I'm just trying to see if they are probably offering interviews to the top candidates first. I know I'm not a top candidate with my mediocre GPA and PCAT (2.98 sci, 3.15 overall, 77 PCAT). But I hope I still have a chance!!!

Well, got my rejection letter today. It was dated November 6th, so they must have made their decision on November 5th. So bummed.

I'm sorry to hear that, I know how much you wanted to get into Creighton's distance program! I know how horrible it feels. Have you applied to any other programs or are you thinking of reapplying for Fall 2011? Good luck!

Yeah, thanks for your kind words! I have applied to other programs but this was my top choice. It became even more serious for me to go to Creighton because I don't want to leave or go too far since my dad just got diagnosed with colon cancer, and my mom is going through her breast cancer issues (though she already had surgery). I just wanted to be close to home to help my family out...
Oh well, I'll keep the faith and hope things go through with another school...

I'm sorry to hear that, I know how much you wanted to get into Creighton's distance program! I know how horrible it feels. Have you applied to any other programs or are you thinking of reapplying for Fall 2011? Good luck!

My stats are just about similar to yours if not a little less and I applied for campus pathway. Just checked my email and regular mail and have not received anything yet. I submitted supplemental on 10/23 so now I'm worried!

Keep your head up, you have a lot to offer. Good luck with your other interviews!

Hey Dr.iz-in: I am SO sorry :(; I understand how you feel. It's been a very long road for me - I've been preparing and applying for several years now and a rejection letter from your first choice is never easy. I really do hope it all works out for you, with your family situ and all. So glad you're keeping your chin up.

For the benefit of others and for Dr.iz-in's curiosity:

I am DEFINITELY not a "top candidate" as far as my GPA goes, but the rest, could be considered strong, I suppose? I guess I'm a curious/interesting candidate?

Undergrad GPA: 2.8 :)eek: I know...)
Master's GPA: 3.6 (I've grown)
PCAT (Aug 09): 92 overall (But know that I had been avoiding it like the plague since undergrad and did it as a last recourse - sometimes you surprise even yourself)
Experience: ~7 years in pharma industry; 40 hours in a pharmacy.
Community Svc: >7K hours over the course of 15+ years in healthcare, etc.

PharmCAS submitted in August; Supplemental in early Sept/. I'm applying as a Distance candidate.

Yes - I had been offered two interview dates - I had wondered if it's b/c they sent it so late (i.e., they let me know on the 12th when one of the options was the next week, on the 20th). But I doubt it, b/c Sleekdes also got a choice of the same two dates.

Good luck, everyone~!:luck:

Callmedoctor, were you a drug rep? I was just curious with all the pharma experience. In regards to the distance program at Creighton, what is the passing rate on the boards for those students? I know that they meet for a few weeks in the summer for labs, but I was wondering if this would hurt me if I want to do compounding, etc. Are the lectures via audio/video, etc?

They did finally get my application and everything was sorted out but they are waiting on my Oct. PCAT scores to make a decision. They already have two PCAT scores for me so I'm hoping it's b/c they just want to see the new scores. Here are my stats:
Overall GPA: 3.20
Science GPAs
Biochemistry: 3.25
Math: 3.05
Biology: 3.29
Inorganic Chem: 2.88
Organic Chem: 3.16
Physics: 3.7
Microbiology: 3.0

Composite PCAT score was 64 ( I did get better than 70 in three areas, Hopefully I have a better score this time)

Working in Pharmacy since June and will be volunteering at a Hospital Pharmacy soon. I have finished the orientation and have my uniform I just need to get my PPD and contact someone at the hospital.

I also have my B.S. in Biology.

Callmedoctor, were you a drug rep? I was just curious with all the pharma experience. In regards to the distance program at Creighton, what is the passing rate on the boards for those students? I know that they meet for a few weeks in the summer for labs, but I was wondering if this would hurt me if I want to do compounding, etc. Are the lectures via audio/video, etc?

NAPLEX passing rate for this past graduating class was 100% for both distance and campus students. MPJE was 99.1% - only 1 person failed and got a 74 (75 is passing).

Lectures are posted as both audio or video. Take your pick!

Anyone else received interview invitation?

Just got an email a few days ago asking me to come Dec. 4th (next week!)! I said yes. The plane ticket is going to be expensive but definitely worth it! I do have a question for those of you who interviewed already. The website says to wear business attire and it says pants/skirt and suit jacket. Do I have to wear a suit jacket? My husband seems to think I do but I think dress pants a nice shirt and my winter jacket would be fine. What did people wear to their interviews?

Just got an email a few days ago asking me to come Dec. 4th (next week!)! I said yes. The plane ticket is going to be expensive but definitely worth it! I do have a question for those of you who interviewed already. The website says to wear business attire and it says pants/skirt and suit jacket. Do I have to wear a suit jacket? My husband seems to think I do but I think dress pants a nice shirt and my winter jacket would be fine. What did people wear to their interviews?

Did yo get an email this week?
What is your latest PCAt Score? I hope you don't mind sharing it.

Last edited:

If the website says so, I'd do it. You can always take it off middle of the day if you get hot.

ssrose,
You would feel and look out of place without a suit jacket. Its only 5 hours!
Good luck with your interview!

Yes, I'm curious to know what your latest PCAT score was. I had a 77 composite and scored greater than 70 in 4 areas, except math, but I received a rejection from the program without an interview.
Math was a 41, and I was told they look for a 60 in each of the subcategories....