Creighton U Distance Applicants for Fall 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was told they look for a 60 in each of the subcategories....

Just curious, who told you that?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm skeptical about it, but an admissions counselor when i called to find out why i was rejected. i'm skeptical because i know there are some people who didn't have a 60 in each subsection.
Just curious, who told you that?

Hey guys,

Do you recommend waiting to submit the pharmcas application after fall 2009 grades are sent which is a few more weeks (approx) or have the school send the transcript now and then just add those grades later on. Do you think its going to make a drastic difference on admission or rejection? How long does it take for pharmcas to calculate our GPA?

Members don't see this ad :)
My PCAT score this go round was a 74 composite.

Just had my interview on Friday. I think it went well. Thanks for all the advice. I bought a suit and I definitely had to wear one b/c everyone else did! It was really awesome to go to the school and meet some of the professors and to learn more about how the distance pathway works. They said I will know in 3 weeks what their decision will be but it will probably be less than 3 weeks. Good luck to those still waiting!

ssrose,

I'm glad you decided to wear a suit. I'm sure you can see how out-of-place you would have felt without it!

How many people were interviewing for the distance pathway while you were there? On Nov 20th, there were 10 total interviewees, 5 campus, 5 distance. They said that the total group was usually about 60 people. They also told us that we would be told of a decision within 3 weeks. I assumed the extra week was due to Thanksgiving being the following Thursday. However, 2 of us (there may be more, but that is all that I know if) received phone calls on the following Tuesday from the admissions office! The letter arrived the same Friday. So....tell yourself it will be the whole three weeks to wait...but let us know when you find out!

ssrose,

I'm glad you decided to wear a suit. I'm sure you can see how out-of-place you would have felt without it!

How many people were interviewing for the distance pathway while you were there? On Nov 20th, there were 10 total interviewees, 5 campus, 5 distance. They said that the total group was usually about 60 people. They also told us that we would be told of a decision within 3 weeks. I assumed the extra week was due to Thanksgiving being the following Thursday. However, 2 of us (there may be more, but that is all that I know if) received phone calls on the following Tuesday from the admissions office! The letter arrived the same Friday. So....tell yourself it will be the whole three weeks to wait...but let us know when you find out!

There were 13 distance interviewees this past Friday.

From the sheet that I got in my packet I counted 34 total students at the interview I counted 11 distance but there may have been 13 like the drugdoc said. That's awesome that you found out so quickly! I am still telling myself 3 weeks!

Got a phone call today and they said I was accepted!!!! My letter will be in the mail later this week! I'm so excited!

That's great, ssrose! Doesn't it feel great?! Well, since I know there are at least 3 of us, I started a FB page. Search for Creighton Distance Class of 2014. I'll jazz it up after finals!

Congrats to both of you, Sunflower85 and ssrose. I've been keeping up with both of you (comparing my stats to see if I was competitive) to see if the two of you would be accepted. My GPAs and my PCAT scores fall in the same range as the two of you (cumulative 3.62, science 3.55, composite 91), so I'm hoping I will get one of those coveted interview spots in January or February. My application was mailed to Creighton today. Needless to say, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I guess I'll just have to do the dreaded "wait and see".

Knowing you are in has to be the best holiday gift ever!

Thanks guys! It is definitely an awesome gift! This holiday is turning out to be pretty awesome!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a phone call today and they said I was accepted!!!! My letter will be in the mail later this week! I'm so excited!
I'm in too! Just got the call. I've been so nervous since I saw they called you hours ago....whew!

Congratulations!!! It's really exciting! Can't wait to meet you all in July!

Anybody in the campus pathway who receive a call for acceptance? I havent heard anything from them today and am getting anxious...:(

Congrats colleagues!

Just found out today that I will have an interview in January. Anyone else going to be there on the 22nd?

I will be there on the 22nd as well. Good luck to all!!!

For those who went already, what is the best mode of transportation to get there (public transportation or rental car)?

It states that the interview will end at 5:00PM. How long will it take to get from there to the airport (public transportation vs rental car). The reason why I am asking is that I will need to catch a flight out as soon as possible to make it to my other interview the following day.

I will be there on the 22nd as well. Good luck to all!!!

For those who went already, what is the best mode of transportation to get there (public transportation or rental car)?

It states that the interview will end at 5:00PM. How long will it take to get from there to the airport (public transportation vs rental car). The reason why I am asking is that I will need to catch a flight out as soon as possible to make it to my other interview the following day.

I would do public transit. The school has a van that they drove everyone to their hotels and the airport in after the interview. But if you need to get there ASAP I would look into getting a rental vehicle.

Is anyone interviewing on 1/22 and interested in meeting up beforehand? I will be arriving in Omaha on 1/21, so it would be great to meet fellow interviewees and future classmates. :)

IM me if you're interested.

Does anybody have any car rental recommendations? Or car rental experience? My concern is that the least expensive car is going to end up being a dump, or ill equipped for the weather (ie snow).

Does anybody have any car rental recommendations? Or car rental experience? My concern is that the least expensive car is going to end up being a dump, or ill equipped for the weather (ie snow).

I rented the mid-size sedan from Avis. It was pretty inexpensive--you can search online for coupon codes. I stayed overnight downtown and drove a grand total of 12 miles, so if you want to save money I would take advantage of the school or hotel shuttle services.

Hey guys,

Sorry it's been a while since I've logged on. It was a crazy holiday break and even crazier start to the year.

Congrats to those who got in!! If you couldn't tell by my subject title - I made it into the program, too!!! YAY~! Thanks for all your support!

I had a similar drill: 12/04 interview. Received an acceptance call on 12/14 that let me know the letter would be sent the next day. I held my breath until it came (you just never know....). Sure enough, it did. I was ecstatic. I waited a loooooong time for this.

Good luck to all those who are still waiting! Hang in there!

Hi Guys!
I just got an interview offer email . They gave me two dates Feb12th or Feb26th. I plan to go on 12th of Feb. I am so excited and relieved. Anyone else coming on Feb 12th? :)

Tomorrow is the big interview day! Any last minute words of advice from people that have interviewed, been accepted, or are already in the program? I have looked at the interview feedback site. Most of the posted questions seem straightforward, and everyone said the campus staff was really friendly. I feel nervous and excited and over-prepared and under-prepared and ...........

Hi Guys!
I just got an interview offer email . They gave me two dates Feb12th or Feb26th. I plan to go on 12th of Feb. I am so excited and relieved. Anyone else coming on Feb 12th? :)

Hey, I just got an invite as well, im going on the 12th also, It should be a fun experience!

A question, if you don't mind answering: How long did it take from the time Creighton got all your stuff until invite email?

Just wondering because this is my #1 choice, and they have had my stuff for almost a week now. Maybe I am too anxious..

A question, if you don't mind answering: How long did it take from the time Creighton got all your stuff until invite email?

Just wondering because this is my #1 choice, and they have had my stuff for almost a week now. Maybe I am too anxious..

AdCom meets on Thursdays. So depending if they have ALL your items (PCAT score, Ochem 1 grade, supplemental, etc) and depending on how many applicants to review, should be a couple weeks, or more if they don't have any particular item. Give 'em time! :)

I don't think I have ever been this nervous, waiting.....

If someone gets an invite email today, could you post? I am starting to freak out a little.

Hey guys,

Do you recommend waiting to submit the pharmcas application after fall 2009 grades are sent which is a few more weeks (approx) or have the school send the transcript now and then just add those grades later on. Do you think its going to make a drastic difference on admission or rejection? How long does it take for pharmcas to calculate our GPA?
lipa,
You may have submitted already, I don't know, but I talked to PharmCas and Creighton today because PharmCas still has not processed my fall 09 transcripts and the deadline is Monday!!!! Even if you submit before they have received transcripts, they won't send anything to Creighton until they get them. The good news for me was that as long as we submit by the deadlinem Creighton does allow for some delay from PharmCas and will still accept the application. I'm really nervous though because people are being accepted already and Creighton doesn't even have my info yet!
Hopefully there's some useful info in here somewhere. Good luck to everyone!

Has anyone who interviewed for the distance program on 1/22 heard anything???? I'm going crazy!

The waiting is almost unbearable. I think it was easier waiting for an interview invite. I know they gave themselves three weeks to notify you, but I didn't think they meant it:laugh:.

I received a phone call today from the Admissions. I was accepted into Creighton's Distance Path. Creighton is my absolute top choice...I am soo happy and relieved!

I just got my phone call for acceptance into the Creighton Distance Pathway!!

Was really bummed on Friday when I didn't get a call. Checked my mail yesterday, and I had an acceptance letter! Anyone else joining us this fall?

congrats revilod, did you get into distance or campus?

I finally got my acceptance phone call today, I was also really bummed when others heard back and I didn't. So excited. Good luck to everyone with their upcoming interviews! Can't wait to meet everyone this fall!

Congrats everyone!!

I finally got my acceptance phone call today, I was also really bummed when others heard back and I didn't. So excited. Good luck to everyone with their upcoming interviews! Can't wait to meet everyone this fall!

Congratulations!
I am going for interview this Friday. Do you have any Idea how many of you were there for Distance Pathway? Thank you.

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted.

There were 13 distance students on 1/22. The staff at Creighton are really nice. The interview was pretty straightforward. Why Creighton? Why Pharmacy? Tell us about yourself. Do you have any experience in community service? That kind of stuff. Hope that helps take a little bit of the stress off. Good luck on Friday.

Congratulations!
I am going for interview this Friday. Do you have any Idea how many of you were there for Distance Pathway? Thank you.

The first 3 interviews were 3, 13, and 13 distance candidates.

They told us they were interviewing a total of 120 students for Distance and accepting 70, so you've got pretty good chances. Don't stress!

Hi all,
My flight from the east coast got canceled due to the snow storm :mad: so I rescheduled for Feb 26th. Anyone else going then???

I'll be joining you on the 26th. I'm really excited about the opportunity to take the Distance Pathway at Creighton. It looks challenging but rewarding.

They told us they were interviewing a total of 120 students for Distance and accepting 70, so you've got pretty good chances. Don't stress!

Does anyone know if those 120 students have already been chosen for an interview? Creighton extended their PharmCAS deadline date from Feb 1 to Mar 1 so I was just wondering if they still have plans to interview more in the future. All of my app materials are in their office and they are waiting for my Jan PCAT scores before reviewing my application. I just wonder if I still have a chance this application cycle. Thanks to anyone who responds.

Does anyone know if those 120 students have already been chosen for an interview? Creighton extended their PharmCAS deadline date from Feb 1 to Mar 1 so I was just wondering if they still have plans to interview more in the future. All of my app materials are in their office and they are waiting for my Jan PCAT scores before reviewing my application. I just wonder if I still have a chance this application cycle. Thanks to anyone who responds.

I was told by an admissions counselor that they keep a few interview spaces open for the people taking their PCATs in January. However, there are limited spaces available, so you need to do well (on the PCATs). I was debating between using my October scores or re-taking them in January, and opted for using the October scores. Seems to have worked out well, because I'm interviewing on the 26th.
Good Luck!