Creighton Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yay!! Good luck Cambio, I am sure you will make the April 4th interview, and you will know by the end of next week:), even better huh!

Are you applying for campus or web-based?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to the web-based pathway. The reason I am most concerned is it seems like this is the one in the greatest demand!

How about you?

Hey does anyone have any suggestions on how to prep for this interview? For example, do we need to be able to give opinions on pharmacy issues? I know that some people have told me to review a school's mission statement before the interview, but is there anything else I should know about Creighton? :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I am applying for the web based also.

You can find a database of Creighton interview questions located in the links above.

Simply click database (at the very top in the middle),
chose/click on pharmacy school,
Click on the link for US schools (top left),
Select the program you are interested in,
select the interview feedbacks that have been entered.

I am applying for the web based also.

You can find a database of Creighton interview questions located in the links above.

Simply click database (at the very top in the middle),
chose/click on pharmacy school,
Click on the link for US schools (top left),
Select the program you are interested in,
select the interview feedbacks that have been entered.

Thank you!!!

Here's some hope for anyone on the waiting list for the distance program... I turned down my offer of admission. I was accepted in my home state and it is going to cost me 1/2 as much as Creighton. Good luck to all of you!

I was also accepted to the distance pathway but declined admissions for the same reason. Good luck to those still waiting.:thumbup:

Hey, is there anyone going to the march 28th interview? Also does anyone know what my chances of getting in are since I'm interviewing so late?

I am interviewing on March 28th, too. See you there!

Good luck to those interviewing on Friday. Hope everything goes great!

Has anyone heard anything?

Im a little confused. Do they full out reject anyone, or do they just put you on the alternate list. I was put on the alternate list even without an interview. Did anyone else have this situation?!?

So who was there on Friday? I asked a few people if they were on SDN, but they said no. I was the weird guy who was shaving in the bathroom. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Im a little confused. Do they full out reject anyone, or do they just put you on the alternate list. I was put on the alternate list even without an interview. Did anyone else have this situation?!?

I'm on the alternate list without an interview too!

So who was there on Friday? I asked a few people if they were on SDN, but they said no. I was the weird guy who was shaving in the bathroom. :laugh:

I was there. Where you the black guy? (no pun intended because I'm black too) lol :D

I was really impressed with Creighton. I hope I get an offer!

Same here...I was put on the alternate list w/o an interview as well...

Per the admissions lady, you can be rejected or put on the waitlist.

I was there. Where you the black guy? (no pun intended because I'm black too) lol :D

I was there too...I was one of the short asian ones. Also I know what you mean. It's going to be a long 2 weeks. :scared:

Yes, the black guy was me. I had a weird weekend.

Good Luck to all that interviewed last week:luck:. I am interviewing on Friday and am so excited to see what the rest of you have seen.

Does anyone know an approx number of people that have been accepted? I have 9 for the web-based program that are on SDN. In earlier posts from the jan feb interviews people had lists of people that interviewed and were saying the number of people that show up in Creighton's directory. This would put the number of web based students to 36, not counting the offers from March. Leaving 19 places for the March and April interviews and alternate/waitlist. Any comments ? :confused:

Is there going to be anyone from SDN at the April 4th interview?

Am I the only person who has been searching for his name in the Creighton directory? I know it's probably too soon, but I can't wait. I hope they notify us before the 15th, because on the 15th I have to tell a graduate school whether I will attend or not.

good luck to everyone interviewing today! :)

Am I the only person who has been searching for his name in the Creighton directory? I know it's probably too soon, but I can't wait. I hope they notify us before the 15th, because on the 15th I have to tell a graduate school whether I will attend or not.

I looked after you posted this. lol! but my name is not there. it's only been a week. give it time. good luck to you!

It will not be Creighton this year for me guys! I got the rejection today:(

Best of luck to all of you still waiting!:)

We will all end where we are mean to be!

I know it's been only 12 days, but I'm getting impatient! Anyone show up in the directory yet?

No...but I'm getting really anxious :eek:. For those of you who've already gone through this stress, when did you find out? Was it exactly 2 weeks when you got a reply?

I have been checking the directory daily as well but still nothing. I was thinking of calling tomorrow if I still haven't heard anything by then. The waiting is definitely the worst part of the application process. :sleep:

It took longer than 2 weeks for me to get my acceptance letter. Be patient, relish the anticipation, and really try not to call admission unless you think there has been a serious mail delay. Good luck to all!

It took longer than 2 weeks for me to get my acceptance letter. Be patient, relish the anticipation, and really try not to call admission unless you think there has been a serious mail delay. Good luck to all!

It's hard to be patient...:scared: I just called the admissions office, and they said they sent out "correspondence" on Tuesday. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up before running to check my campus mailbox.

I just went to check my mailbox, and there was a letter from Creighton. I WAS ACCEPTED!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The reason I thought there was nothing was that I had checked my mailbox earlier in the day, and someone in our student center (who was obviously misinformed) told me that the mail for the day had already been put in our mailboxes. Not true.

Congrats! Are you distance or campus?

I was also accepted, to the distance pathway. Hooray!

Congratulations to everyone else who has been accepted!

Congrats all that are in!

I still have till the end of the week to find out. It is odd that the time is moving fast for me. Last year, hours felt like days. Maybe this year is different because I feel the interview went extremely well.

Hopefully I will be able to post "Creighton Here I Come" on Friday!

I just got my acceptance into Creighton's distance Pathway. I am so confused now. I really like the idea of the distance program but I am also concerned that I wouldn't get the same experience as I would if I attended a campus based program. I don't know what to do. :confused:

I just got my acceptance into Creighton's distance Pathway. I am so confused now. I really like the idea of the distance program but I am also concerned that I wouldn't get the same experience as I would if I attended a campus based program. I don't know what to do. :confused:

congrats to all who have received acceptance letters! pupsren, if you don't mind me asking, what is it about a distance program that makes you unsure? there are several of us distance students here on sdn so perhaps we can help you by sharing our experiences? :)

Well there are a couple of things;
1. If I ever get completely confused by an assignment or a concept is there help available to address these issues? What will I do if I need a tutor?
2. Are class presentations apart of the cirriculum and if so how are those done online?
3. Are there any oppertunities to attend career fairs and join student organizations?

Thanks for all your help. I really want to go to Creighton and I think I've just been so psyched for so long, and now that its a reality, I'm freaking out! :eek:

Well there are a couple of things;
1. If I ever get completely confused by an assignment or a concept is there help available to address these issues? What will I do if I need a tutor?
2. Are class presentations apart of the cirriculum and if so how are those done online?
3. Are there any oppertunities to attend career fairs and join student organizations?

Thanks for all your help. I really want to go to Creighton and I think I've just been so psyched for so long, and now that its a reality, I'm freaking out! :eek:

1. YES, help is available. Most classes have assigned 'mentors' in addition to your professors, who are as available as the instructors. Everyone is a quick email or phone call away. No one takes more than 24 hours to get back to me, and usually it's within a couple of hours or sooner. Tutoring - don't know...
2. Yes, there are class presentations. They are done online in a 'conferencing' type of program. Basically everyone has a certain time to be online, download the program off the Internet, and easy as that!
3. They do have career fairs, and everyone is welcome. I may attend one my senior year, even though I'm 5 hours away. There are many student organizations to join. While you can't obviously be at the meetings, you can partake in regional meetings, national meetings, propose ideas, be involved, etc.

I personally LOVE the distance program and wouldn't do it any other way!!!!!

Ok you have sufficiently calmed my fears. I'll send in my deposit by the end of the week. I can't wait to start the program!:banana:

Congrats everyone! I got my acceptance letter in the mail today! I can't wait to meet everyone in the campus program in the fall! :hardy:

Grats all!

Did your name show in the directory before or after you received your letter.

Thanks pupsren. Now I wont panic if I get a letter from Creighton and am not in the directory.

And actually right now, there is an online career fair happening - I haven't checked it out yet but we've been getting information about it for a couple of weeks.

The distance classes also have their own student government officers and representatives. Of course the level of participation can't be as high as if you were on campus, but I do think most groups recognize there are a bunch of us out here and they try to keep everyone as engaged as possible.

Well I was hoping that I would be posting Creighton here I come today, but I am on the alternate list.

Can't post that I am in today:oops:,
Not definitely in:(,
Not out of the game yet:),
Creighton does not disclose any info on # of seats left vs. # people on alternate list:(,
not knowing where I am on the alternate list:confused:,
knowing that I have to take a gen ed with two degrees and lots of general education credits under my belt this summer and I may or may not get in and still have to pay for it :mad:,
waiting another year to apply for school :mad::(:cry:
:( ARRGG. So many mixed feelings. I am going to be so bummed if I dont get in. Hell look at the Icons, I am halfway there already.

Oh well I guess God is testing my patience. Considering I could find out up till the first day of class.

HoosierPharmD: That really sucks being put on the alternate list and having to muster up the will power to finish a class over the summer.
For the distance pathway, who visited the college before going to the interview? Is it a good idea?

Thanks tellsarah, I was kinda venting yesterday. I am looking more towards the brightside now. :D

I am applying for the distance program and due to cost of travel I was only able to make it to Creighton for the interview. However, I did show up a little early so I could kinda look around and get my bearings. I really liked it there. :)

I know that it looks really good if you make an attempt to further your knowledge of any school program through any means.

So this may be a dumb question, but does anyone know when the campus program starts?