Creighton Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
He may have gotten in, but maybe he didn't accept his spot...

Members don't see this ad.

No sense in worrying, in my opinion! If you're in the first group chances are you've got a great shot, based on last year (I was in the first group for distance, and 15 of 16 of us are in the class now!)

They will let you know within a couple of weeks. So don't worry - do your daily stuff. What will be will be!!!

That makes me feel alot better! I am trying to get into the distance pathway too. I left that interview with no idea how I'd done. I really tried to just be myself but I couldn't help being slightly nervous. I felt like the two profs who interviewed me were done with within 10 minutes. I was relieved to tack on extra 10 - 15 minutes of convo at the end about nothing relating to pharmacy.

when the letter comes, I'm assuming if it's thin, it's a rejection. If thick, an acceptance? True or false? I'm actually getting scared to open it! Also, did it take a full two weeks for you current students to hear back? thanks for all of the info!

That makes me feel alot better! I am trying to get into the distance pathway too. I left that interview with no idea how I'd done. I really tried to just be myself but I couldn't help being slightly nervous. I felt like the two profs who interviewed me were done with within 10 minutes. I was relieved to tack on extra 10 - 15 minutes of convo at the end about nothing relating to pharmacy.

when the letter comes, I'm assuming if it's thin, it's a rejection. If thick, an acceptance? True or false? I'm actually getting scared to open it! Also, did it take a full two weeks for you current students to hear back? thanks for all of the info!

A thin letter is NOT necessarily a rejection! At least it wasn't last year - I was freaked out because my letter was small and thin. Needless to say, the large packet of info did not come until after I had accepted their offer.

And unfortunately, yes, it did take the full 2 weeks. Hang in there though - it's already been 1 week!

Members don't see this ad :)
This year's interview was a lot different than last year's though. This time there were like 50+ people. But yes, what will be will be. :scared: I'll keep repeating that in my head. :D

50 for distance or 50 for distance-campus combined?

Last Friday (Jan. 11) I received an email invite to interview at Creighton. They gave me a choice of two dates in Feb. I am going to interview there on Feb. 22.

i have the interview also on same date feb 22 . are you local or flying there?

...waiting is the hardest part...but at this point we've all made our best pitch (now it's out of our hands), and while I don't know the adcom's strategies, it might be true that the best candidates in the pool at the time are selected for the first interviews (and each time after that). I was very impressed with the caliber of candidate that I met on the 25th.
My 2 cents on the admission staff and faculty -- outstanding job making us feel welcome! I didn't interview Keefner, but we did chat during some idle time -- he made a good first impression. And my faculty interviewer was great too. Can't say much more, but the general quality of both staff and faculty I met was outstanding.

Funny thing -- Creighton must have dupes of me...they did send me an email this week saying my application was not quite complete and that time was running out. Imagine my surprise! They assured me that everything was copacetic. So, I trust everything will be copacetic on ALL fronts. Enjoy the wait. It (for most of us) only comes around once in a lifetime. Trust the work you've done. Believe. Relax. What you made to be will be. ... and I will see you on the other side. :)

Does Creighton notify you when they recieve your pharmcas app?

I recieved an email titled "Creighton Application Review‏." The email stated my application was complete. I didn't receive this until after I had submitted the secondary application in mid-Nov.

I noticed that too. Why would he/she have heard back so much quicker than the rest of us? Maybe Creighton undergrads here back 1st...

I'm assuming you're talking about me... and yes I meant Creighton. But I was told I'm a rare exception. So no worries to everyone else! :D

Were you a CU undergrad?

yes i am. but it's not like all creighton undergrads get easy acceptance. i went through the entire process last year... and was waitlisted.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm confused, then. If you interviewed and were waitlisted, how did you find you were accepted before the two weeks was up after your interview?? :confused:

Wait a second....so you applied, interviewed, and found out you were waitlisted before the two weeks was up after you interviewed? Hence, you are still an undergrad at CU?

i'm not custudent13, but the situation described is almost identical to the classmate i mentioned before who got an unsually early acceptance for the class of 2011. the student i'm referring to applied for admission in the fall of 2006 (hence, interviewed "last year"), interviewed, got wait-listed and didn't receive an invitation to enroll. then, when the application cycle opened for admission in the fall of 2007, they didn't need to interview again....and just received an acceptance....in mid-december. this person was not a cu undergrad so like custudent13 stated, i don't think they have an easier time getting in. i know this whole process can be confusing and intimidating...

i'm not custudent13, but the situation described is almost identical to the classmate i mentioned before who got an unsually early acceptance for the class of 2011. the student i'm referring to applied for admission in the fall of 2006 (hence, interviewed "last year"), interviewed, got wait-listed and didn't receive an invitation to enroll. then, when the application cycle opened for admission in the fall of 2007, they didn't need to interview again....and just received an acceptance....in mid-december. this person was not a cu undergrad so like custudent13 stated, i don't think they have an easier time getting in. i know this whole process can be confusing and intimidating...

thank you.... you said it better. except i found out in january.

So, let me see if I understand. This person goes through the whole application/interview process as if they are entering fall of '07 and gets waitlisted for '07. Then ~12 months go by, and this person gets accepted without review for an '08 start? Ahead of all the normal '08 applicants?

So, let me see if I understand. This person goes through the whole application/interview process as if they are entering fall of '07 and gets waitlisted for '07. Then ~12 months go by, and this person gets accepted without review for an '08 start? Ahead of all the normal '08 applicants?

I can't verify that they get accepted without any type of review. I only know that that person didn't have to interview again...as far as the application and such--no idea. I think these types of things happen from time to time...I know of another student (not at Creighton) who got accepted...had a mix up with the pre-reqs that transferred which resulted in a guaranteed admission offer for the following year. To me, all it says is that the school really wants them--but just lacks the seats to offer them admission for that current year. They are qualified applicants and deserve the spot they earned regardless of the technicalities along the way.

i DID have to re-apply this year. new pharmcas, new supplemental, new letters of recommendation... all that. i was shocked when i heard i didn't have to interview again and was just as worried as anyone else.

It's Wednesday and my mailbox was still empty today. Anyone else heard anything yet? Pacing, nailbiting, pacing, nervous....................

Glad to know there are others with no fingernails left stalking the mailman! Nothing yet here.:scared:

I'm still waiting as well! I keep searching the mailbox to no avail! I keep telling myself not to expect it until fri or sat, especially since I'm on the east coast. Ug....maybe even monday. :-( I don't think anyone has gotten their reply yet.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Happy to still be waiting....
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica].
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]"Never think that God's delays are God's denials..
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Hold on; hold fast; hold out..
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Patience is genius.".
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]-- Comte de Buffon.

Thank you for seeing things a little bit differently and giving us hope and encouragement SENIOR :)

My interview for the distance program is tomorrow! Any last words of wisdom?

Here's my best advice:
Wear a suit.
Meet other students, chat it up, try to have a good time.
Be yourself, take care not to be socially awkward but to be outgoing.
No BS in the interview....be sincere. I think the interviews are trying to sniff out any BS and any socially inept people.
Know your stuff about the school and profession.

Good Luck!

I am also interviewing tomorrow. Maybe I will see you there. I would recommend getting there very early just to make sure you can find a parking spot. Good luck.

I can't verify that they get accepted without any type of review. I only know that that person didn't have to interview again...as far as the application and such--no idea. I think these types of things happen from time to time...I know of another student (not at Creighton) who got accepted...had a mix up with the pre-reqs that transferred which resulted in a guaranteed admission offer for the following year. To me, all it says is that the school really wants them--but just lacks the seats to offer them admission for that current year. They are qualified applicants and deserve the spot they earned regardless of the technicalities along the way.

I have a classmate who was accepted but was deferred until my year. He didn't have to reapply for my admissions cycle.

Also, another person in my class had that arrangement. The problem is, he dropped out within the first couple of weeks. I don't know why he dropped out but I feel bad for the student who lost a spot because of this guy.

I am also interviewing tomorrow. Maybe I will see you there. I would recommend getting there very early just to make sure you can find a parking spot. Good luck.

Yes, hope to see you there. I hear Chelsea Clinton will be on campus, so going early will be essential. Good luck to you as well!

The interview went well. Very relaxed and I was able to carry on a good convrsation. However I did stumble while trying to sit down, how embarrassing. Now the hard part of waiting TWO WEEKS. UGGGGHHHH. This will be tough. Any advice from those of you who are done waiting the two long weeks?

Today has been 2 weeks since my interview and I still have not heard anything...anyone else?...so its 2 very long weeks. The first few days of anticipation was kinda fun but I can't say I feel that way today.

The interview went well. Very relaxed and I was able to carry on a good convrsation. However I did stumble while trying to sit down, how embarrassing. Now the hard part of waiting TWO WEEKS. UGGGGHHHH. This will be tough. Any advice from those of you who are done waiting the two long weeks?

We had good conversation in my interview too. Being from North Dakota usually sparks interesting conversation. We'll be waiting out these 2 weeks together!

Today has been 2 weeks since my interview and I still have not heard anything...anyone else?...so its 2 very long weeks. The first few days of anticipation was kinda fun but I can't say I feel that way today.

Nope. Still quiet. Still waiting. Still believing. Still thrilled. ...and still checking my mailbox.

Nope. Still quiet. Still waiting. Still believing. Still thrilled. ...and still checking my mailbox.

Has no one received the letter yet? Hmm. . . Patience is a virtue that I truly need to work on :rolleyes:

I lost patience on Friday and broke down and called them. The lady at admissions told me the letters were printed and signed on Wednesday and probably mailed out Thursday. So I'm guessing any day now. :scared:

Well, I guess we will all be racing eachother to the mailboxes tomorrow then. Anyone wanna take bets? :)

We got another ice storm last night and I was sure the mail lady wouldn't be able to make it to my mailbox, but she did. My letter was there waiting for me and I got ACCEPTED. I am so happy, relieved, excited and ready. :D

We got another ice storm last night and I was sure the mail lady wouldn't be able to make it to my mailbox, but she did. My letter was there waiting for me and I got ACCEPTED. I am so happy, relieved, excited and ready. :D

Congrats! I hope I can share the same news in 2 weeks!

CONGRATS!!! Now omnione, tckc, amy, and I aren't offically the newest!!

Thank you so much. I'm excited to be the freshman :laugh:

Congrats, Abbey! Well, no ice storm last night here, but another snow storm today. Oddly, it's the most lovely shade of white... and I think it goes nicely against an admission letter from Creighton don't you? For your patience, (and antsiness!), you deserve an award. I'll buy you a drink come orientation (boot camp?). [Yes, I'll see you in Omaha!] Great work!

I cant wait for tomorrow when you too will get your letter of acceptance. We are gonna be classmates and friends for years to come. Please keep me posted. :)

Me too me too!!! I got in!!! Even after the horrific interview they still liked me, I got in!!!! WHOO HOO!:D

Congrats to all! And, welcome to the CU family! Like a wise classmate once said (and drugdoc and ajh88 can confirm this), "Creighton will change your life!"--very early on too!

It was an ice storm pretty much all day here too, but my mail man was able too... I'M IN! I can't wait to join everyone else! After wanting this for so long, it seems surreal now that it is happening. Congratulations to all who made it!