Creighton Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:DI'm sooooo excited! I got accepted! Congrats to everyone else too. So happy to be part of the CU family!Speaking as a professional student, I just know that these upcoming years are going to be some of the best years of my life. I can't wait to get to know everyone! I'm ready to start today. When is distance boot camp? I can't wait! (I think I missed out on the virtue of patience.:laugh: )

Members don't see this ad.

I'm totally sharing in everyone's excitement. I can't wait to meet all of you. I presume that we will eventually end up as a family. Maybe we should start own thread! How many of us are there, does anyone know?

I say start a new thread. :thumbup: Lets get a head count

Members don't see this ad :)
Another vote for a new thread.

There is a sub-forum in the Pharmacy board devoted to threads for members of a particular class for a particular school. You all can start a thread HERE if you'd like.

Since there are still interviews to be done at Creighton, it's better if interview related posts for this admissions cycle remain in this thread.

I'm just SO excited for everyone! Regarding orientation week, I term it "Lab Camp," which I think is funny :) But labs don't actually start until the summer after P1 year, so a bit deceiving.

It's nice to hear about all the people getting acceptances from Creighton. Perhaps there's hope for me during my interview on the 22nd.
This is slightly off topic, but I'm going to be traveling to Omaha on Greyhound (I know, I'm a cheapskate. But seeing as it's next to Missouri where I am, I thought it might work). Where can I take a shower while I'm there?

Congraulations to all the new Blue Jays! :D

I'm so excited and happy for all of you - you will love Creighton!

There is a sub-forum in the Pharmacy board devoted to threads for members of a particular class for a particular school. You all can start a thread HERE if you'd like.

Since there are still interviews to be done at Creighton, it's better if interview related posts for this admissions cycle remain in this thread.

I started a Creighton Pharmacy Class of 2012 thread. I'm new to this whole online discussion forum process...but its been very valuable so far, so why not jump right in there?
Unfortunately I can't figure out if I can attach a link to the new thread? Help?

I started a Creighton Pharmacy Class of 2012 thread. I'm new to this whole online discussion forum process...but its been very valuable so far, so why not jump right in there?
Unfortunately I can't figure out if I can attach a link to the new thread? Help?

When you are on the page to post a new thread or reply, look in the toolbars above the space where you type your post. There should be a small icon of a globe with an infinity-looking symbol (they are actually "links" of a chain). Click it and type in the desired link. You could do this while selecting a word or specific text so that the link is linked to that word like so:

Creighton Class of 2012

The reason why interview-related discussions are better here is that the Pharmacy forum is geared toward pharmacy school and pharmacy topics as opposed to admissions and pre-pharmacy related issues. Interested applicants, Creighton in this case, would better find interview related questions in threads like this in Pre-Pharmacy than in a forum and thread meant for accepted and/or matriculated students. It just makes things easier for people to find.;)

I finally got my acceptance letter! The small envelope it was in totally faked me out.

Members don't see this ad :)
I finally got my acceptance letter! The small envelope it was in totally faked me out.

I am officially going nuts! I have yet to receive my letter. Every day I go to the mailbox with anticipation, but noththing!!!! Ug.....I can't wait until it comes. Is anyone else still waiting?

Congrats to all who have gotten in!

congrat on the acceptance !!!! my interview is on feb 22 , any advice? who conducts the interview? how long is the whole orientation process?

Just stay cool and dont pick your nose while answering questions. Other than that there isn't much advice to give. From talking to others that were interviewed all of the questions asked were interviewer specific and thus no generic questions asked to all interviewees. Good luck.

congrat on the acceptance !!!! my interview is on feb 22 , any advice? who conducts the interview? how long is the whole orientation process?

there were 12 different sets of interviewers when I was there, and appeared to be chosen at random.

BTW happy valentines day, all!!!!!:love:

I am officially going nuts! I have yet to receive my letter. Every day I go to the mailbox with anticipation, but noththing!!!! Ug.....I can't wait until it comes. Is anyone else still waiting?

Congrats to all who have gotten in!

I did interview on Jan 25th and still waiting for my letter too. I was in the last batch (3:50-4:15 pm). I hope we both get accepted :).

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:Congratulations to all those who got accepted.

I was with you guys on the 25th and I got my letter on Monday, it might not be a bad thing to contact the admissions office and see what's going on. That's always a scary thing to do though, good luck! I hope you get it soon!!;)

I did interview on Jan 25th and still waiting for my letter too. I was in the last batch (3:50-4:15 pm). I hope we both get accepted :).

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:Congratulations to all those who got accepted.

I was in the last interview batch as well. I contacted admissions on tuesday and they said the letter went out with everyone else's. It's fri and still nothing. It has to come soon. Glad I'm not the only one, but I hope we both get word soon.

waiting, waiting......

I was in the last interview batch as well. I contacted admissions on tuesday and they said the letter went out with everyone else's. It's fri and still nothing. It has to come soon. Glad I'm not the only one, but I hope we both get word soon.

waiting, waiting......

This waiting game is driving me crazy. I really don't know what is going on. I called the Admissions and they told me they are still reviewing and should hear from them by next week. I truly hope we get our letter soon.

I was with you guys on the 25th and I got my letter on Monday, it might not be a bad thing to contact the admissions office and see what's going on. That's always a scary thing to do though, good luck! I hope you get it soon!!;)

Thanks Gracie. I did contact the Admissions ( it was definitely scary :scared:).

Just chiming in with my 2 cents....

Don't contact the admissions office. They are very thorough with their application process and won't leave anyone hanging longer than needed for them to decide. You'll find out when they've decided, and they'll let you know as quickly as possible.

Hang tight, and be patient!!! :)

Just chiming in with my 2 cents....

Don't contact the admissions office. They are very thorough with their application process and won't leave anyone hanging longer than needed for them to decide. You'll find out when they've decided, and they'll let you know as quickly as possible.

Hang tight, and be patient!!! :)

OOPS! :eek: Sorry for the somewhat counter-productive advice. :( I hope it doesn't negatively affect anything. I wanna see all you guys over on the CU Class of 2012 Thread!!;)

I called the admissions office and they said correspondence was sent out on the 7th of Feb but I still haven't received anything in the mail yet either! I'm surprised that it's taking so long to get something from them.

I just got my acceptance in the mail today! Super excited!!! Good luck to all those still waiting. I'm sure the envelope will come soon if you haven't already gotten it.

I really hope I get an interview for Creighton. I spoke to admissions over the phone and they were so exceptionally nice!:love:

Hi,

I am new to SDN and actually learned of this website during my Creighton interview on Jan. 25th. I still haven't received my letter, but I spoke to the admissions office last Wednesday and they informed me of my acceptance over the phone.

So for those folks who still might be waiting... definitely give them a call. The staff in admissions are super friendly and very helpful.

Congrats to those who have been accepted and good luck to all who will be interviewing!

As an alternative to calling their office, look yourself up in their campus directory. On the Creighton main page, hit search (at the bottom of the page.) Then put in your last name. If you appear in the directory, you've probably been accepted.

Using the Interviewer's List from 1/25, 25 of 34 people who interviewed for campus appear in the directory (I'm not one of them, but still holding out hope!:cool:) and 20 of 24 people who interviewed for distance appear in the campus directory.

Good luck, all!

Hi,

I am new to SDN and actually learned of this website during my Creighton interview on Jan. 25th. I still haven't received my letter, but I spoke to the admissions office last Wednesday and they informed me of my acceptance over the phone.

So for those folks who still might be waiting... definitely give them a call. The staff in admissions are super friendly and very helpful.

Congrats to those who have been accepted and good luck to all who will be interviewing!

I took VanckoVann8's lead and called admissions again. I explained that it have been over 3 weeks and still no letter. An admissions counselor told me she would re-send the letter and congradulated me on being offered admission for the class of 2012!!! I am so pleased and excited to be with you guys! It is a great group!

If you're still waiting....don't agonize....call! Good luck to all.

:D:luck:

I took VanckoVann8's lead and called admissions again. I explained that it have been over 3 weeks and still no letter. An admissions counselor told me she would re-send the letter and congradulated me on being offered admission for the class of 2012!!! I am so pleased and excited to be with you guys! It is a great group!

If you're still waiting....don't agonize....call! Good luck to all.

:D:luck:

I called to inquire about which prereq's that I needed to take spring term and also asked when we would get an answer from the interviews on 1/25. She said that "some letters were sent out late last week."

She did not tell me my status over the phone, nor did I ask.
:thumbup:

I called to inquire about which prereq's that I needed to take spring term and also asked when we would get an answer from the interviews on 1/25. She said that "some letters were sent out late last week."

She did not tell me my status over the phone, nor did I ask.
:thumbup:

I did call the Admissions office to ask about my status and the person who answered my call told me no decision has been made yet on my file.:confused:....or atleast nothing shows up on her computer. She also asked me to wait until next week:scared:......I have no hope......:oops:.

Congratulations:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: to goingtothePharm and VanckoVann8

Wow. I hope it doesn't take 3+ weeks for me to get a letter. It has been just over a week for me and I am dying to know if I was accepted or not.

Congrats to all that are accepted!

Has anyone heard anything that submitted their applications in Jan?

I submitted the supplemental jan 3rd, and PharmCAS Jan 7th, however, Creighton received PharmCAS on Friday Feb. 15th (transcript was lost in the mail to Pharmcas, had to have another sent).

Does anyone know what my odds of getting in will be in the forth and fifth interview sessions. It seems like from the first interview twenty people were offered a spot. This would leave about 38 more places with 4 more interviews left for the web based program.

Does anyone know how many interviewed Feb. 8th?

Thanks so much!

Congrats to all that are accepted!

Does anyone know what my odds of getting in will be in the forth and fifth interview sessions. It seems like from the first interview twenty people were offered a spot. This would leave about 38 more places with 4 more interviews left for the web based program.

Does anyone know how many interviewed Feb. 8th?

Thanks so much!

I believe 13 of us interviewed for Distance on Feb 8.

Correct me if I am wrong, doesn't Crieghton accept a higher percentage of students during the earlier rounds of interviews than the later. Also, for the distance program people who got an interview in Jan, when did you have the pharmcas and supplimental app turned in by?

Did anyone visit the college before applying?

Correct me if I am wrong, doesn't Crieghton accept a higher percentage of students during the earlier rounds of interviews than the later. Also, for the distance program people who got an interview in Jan, when did you have the pharmcas and supplimental app turned in by?

Did anyone visit the college before applying?

I visited the college before I applied. I think it definately helps to get to know as many people as possible, on a face to face basis in the department. you are competing against so many qualified applicants, you need to set yourself apart. you also need to learn and understand what type of school this is, their values. Learn as much as you can about the program. you need to sincerely communicate that you're the type of student they're looking for in your personal statement and interview. A visit beforehand can also show how eager you are to be in the program.

Also, Get your app in AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I applied last year, was waitlisted and did not get in. This was in part b/c I didn't get my full app in until dec or jan. They get so many qualified applicants, it really is first come, first serve. My understanding is that you do not want to be in the last round on interviews. You are competing for far less seats. If you're in the first interview, you're competing for all 55 open seats. When I re-applied this year, I made sure to submit my app in the early fall. this helped to get me the first interview and I was accepted. Other people at the first interview got their apps in during the summer, while others in the fall.
Also, if you don't get in the first year, don't give up!!! Talk to admissions as much as you can, improve your application and apply early. It's my understanding that alot of current students, especially distance, had to apply more than once.

Good Luck!!

For those of you who did not get your app in quite as early:

Last year I finished my application in January sometime and was accepted to the distance pathway. There were five or six distance applicants in my interview group (in late Feb or early March) and all of us (I think) were accepted. So there is still hope for you if you got your app in a little bit later than those highly efficient people applying in August.

But don't procrastinate, you better have a pretty good reason to apply later...especially if your stats aren't stellar.

LTPharmD,

When you say that I should have a reason for applying late, do you mean that I should explain this to adcom?

The reason I applied later was because in early November my dad had a huge tumor on his kidney and needed a nephrectomy. A few days prior to finding this out, my husband and I bought a house. :scared:I went home to help take care of my dad and had little time to work on pharmcas.

From the adcom's stand point, having to expend time to take care of a parent would mean less time to study, thus less likely to complete the PharmD program. This is not true though, I have been through 3 different surgeries with my dad while in school full time. It has strengthened my drive to become a pharmacist if anything. I have a double major in chemistry and biochemistry, with a gpa of 3.32 cum, 3.32 science, 3.75 math. PCAT 96chem, 93biol, 83 comp. I also did this while working no less than 30 hour a week while in school, being a TA, and performing research, and being actively involved in two campus organizations. You cannot do all of this and be a procrastinator:oops:.

Do you advise adressing in the interview that I am not a procrastinator, that my application was submitted later than intended to help with my family? Afterall, it was all submitted three weeks prior to the deadline. I had a timeline set for Dec. 1st, which was not met due to the above circumstance.

I thought that I should focus on why I would be an exceptional candidate, that I agree with and support the values of both their program and institution, and what I would bring to them as a student.:)

So, should you wait to submit the app even with low PCAT scores or wait and submit the app once the scores are higher? Will they re-evaluate an applicant that retakes the PCAT after submitting their app?

I will take the PCAT in June. I shoud have my app and suppliment app in by late August. However, I may need to retake the PCAT in August and Oct. if my scores are low.

So, should you wait to submit the app even with low PCAT scores or wait and submit the app once the scores are higher? Will they re-evaluate an applicant thet retakes the PCAT after submitting their app?

I will take the PCAT in June. I shoud have my app and suppliment app in by late August. However, I may need to retake the PCAT in August and Oct. if my scores are low.

If you retake thePCAT in August, you can get the results into PharmCas by October and then onto Creighton by oct, which may be a better bet if you really need to get your PCAT up. October is still a good time to apply. Personally, I would try not to do it too much later.

You can always call and talk to an admissions counselor. I've found that they are happy to answer any of your questions. Can't hurt. :)

I took the PCAT in June with a no-score and again in August. I submitted my Pharmcas the first week of November and was in the first round of interviews at Creighton this year and have been accepted. Not sure what that means but thats my two cents. :)

Im starting my Pre reqs this summer. I have no other degree. I was wondering if I would qualify for Creightons Distance courses?

LTPharmD,

When you say that I should have a reason for applying late, do you mean that I should explain this to adcom?

Hoosier:

Your stats are pretty strong so I don't think you will need to address a reason for applying late with the adcom. If you are selected for an interview the school doesn't care as much about time frame as they do selecting the right candidates for the program.

If you have a chance to bring up the "extra" things you have done while getting through college (working a lot, caring for a family member, etc.) by all means do so. It will only show that you are dedicated to reaching your goal while overcoming adversity. In my opinion, application time frame is a non-factor to the school...it is only a factor to applicants who wish to compete for one of 55 open seats instead of one of the last 10 or 20.

With good stats, a pleasant demeanor, and something that makes you stand out you should have a good chance at getting accepted.

Good advice LT - I almost forgot you were out there! Hope this semester is going well for you!

As an alternative to calling their office, look yourself up in their campus directory. On the Creighton main page, hit search (at the bottom of the page.) Then put in your last name. If you appear in the directory, you've probably been accepted.

Using the Interviewer's List from 1/25, 25 of 34 people who interviewed for campus appear in the directory (I'm not one of them, but still holding out hope!:cool:) and 20 of 24 people who interviewed for distance appear in the campus directory.

Good luck, all!

I interviewed on Feb 8 and have been searching the directory all week and today my name finally came up in the directory. I hope this is good news!

I was going to interview today, but yesterday we had an ice storm and all the Greyhound bus stations in the state I live were closed. Because of that, I could not get to Omaha. :(
My interview has been rescheduled for the 28th of March. This probably means that my chances of getting in have been reduced, since the competition will be stiffer. But I'm crossing my fingers and hoping.