craniomaxillofacial plastics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HiddenTruth

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's the story with this fellowship? Any insights--I met this chief at our children's hosp today about some research--he went off about how happy he was and how he absolutely loved it, etc. Anyone know more about this subspecialty?--anything, really. He went off about how variable it was and you could have a very diverse practice--altho limited to working as a hospitalist. Said it was very rewarding--despite the fact that you don't "save" people.

Also, would it be wise to do some research c this guy--he's got some good ideas but he exects me to do everything cuz he is the only cleft lip/cleft palate plast dude at ths hosp and is super busy. He wansts to do like speech outcomes post difft types of surgeries and some other stuff. Would it also help me if i decide to do ENT (coinciding)?

I'd love to hear any comments from experience or any knowledge--thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

when i asked abt the research--what i meant was that I don't think he's big in teh academic field (not widely known from what I believe). So, I guess what i am asking is that will it be better to go to a more prestigious program (we dont really have a program at our school) and do some research with a well known guy--I have good chance of getting first, if not second authorship for sure...plus I could do this without taking time off. Just wondering how impt the NAME is. Thanks.

name is HUGE when it comes to your letter writers.