CPJE law type questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jawnly211

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Have you gone over the multiple choice questions in the back of the book? The majority of your questions are pretty straight forward.

By the way, the CJPE changes its questions all of the time so don't depend on past questions to pass the CJPE or you will be in for a big surprise.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't think of exact questions, jawnly... but there were definitely ?s on
- recordkeeping for pharmacy- how long to keep a patient's profile, etc.
- know your shorthand sigs (if you were ever a tech, this is easy)
- know the laws regarding what needs to be written in MD's handwriting (signature and date)
- know brand/generics COLD of your top 200 drugs
- what types of sales need the form 222

generally i was relatively confident on the CPJE..... but i barely passed with a 77, so i was disappointed. but, I'm still not sure why the pass rates for CPJE just tend to be lower than for the NAPLEX when the NAPLEX is a much more RanDOM exam.

Sadly I don't think there are any test banks of ?s from the CPJE as there are for the NAPLEX (on that CD-Rom with the green APhA book) so I would be really familiar with RX meds dispensed in a community setting and know the basics in terms of the auxiliary labels that go with them and basic counseling points... (saquinavir/ take with food, etc.)

goood luck!

were there any questions about which schedules certain controlled substances are in? and if so, any unusual ones? thanks!

There were def no questions that were straight up "what schedule is drug X?" on the CPJE. I also don't remember there being any questions regarding what form is needed to transfer hydromorphone tablets from one pharmacy to another.... BUT, i think it's good to know what forms are needed for what purpose (when is 222 used.) Also, maybe be aware of what meds are C2 and know the time frame you need to report to the board if they are stolen from your pharmacy.

Weissmann's book (available thru the USC bookstore) does a great job of outlining the key important points on this type of stuff.... I know I sound like I am bashing Marcus/Cohen's book, but meh.. that book was soo useless for me. (And yes, we were forced to buy it.)