CPJE July 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pastalover12

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am taking my CPJE on July 30th, which is in about a week and I'm extremely nervous. I saw that no one has started a new thread for the July one so I thought I might start it!

I am currently focusing a lot on clinical portion since I heard that it mostly consists of clinical stuff, but I was wondering if we have to also know dosages? I am mainly focusing on the big topics (CAP, HAP, asthma, COPD, anticoagulants, ACS/STEMI, diabetes, HTN, dyslipidemia, osteoporosis, antipsych, BPH and HIV). Are these enough? Please let me know if I'm missing anything I should cover before walking into that exam. And for the law portion, would skimming over the weissman book and doing his questions be enough?

Any tips from whoever took the exam (including those who recently took it in July) will be very appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
anyone know if we actually need to mail in our intern licenses? it says to mail it back with the green letter but I already lost my hard copy :( will it delay my license if I don't mail it in?

Alright, today is business day 10 of the board having my information to post my license and they cashed the check last Thursday. But still not posted ...Anyone else?

Alright, today is business day 10 of the board having my information to post my license and they cashed the check last Thursday. But still not posted ...Anyone else?
Sigh same here! I know of some ppl in our batch who got theirs posted last week and sent in their app later than me. I'm going to contact them.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Sigh same here! I know of some ppl in our batch who got theirs posted last week and sent in their app later than me. I'm going to contact them.

I saw that others got posted as well, on the 7th after sending them in on the 5th! please let me know what they say..

I saw that others got posted as well, on the 7th after sending them in on the 5th! please let me know what they say..

The lady said it should upload by midnight and post tomorrow morning since today is day 10. She just asked for my name and counted how many days it's been upon receipt. No explanation on their part whatsoever :(

Okay, if they don't post tm/at midnight I will call tm as well. I called last week on day 7 and she told me 10 days and I tried to let them know others had posted but seems like they punch in the information then it is out of their control?

Okay, if they don't post tm/at midnight I will call tm as well. I called last week on day 7 and she told me 10 days and I tried to let them know others had posted but seems like they punch in the information then it is out of their control?

Yeah I would just check tomorrow morning ~6am cause their system is down in the middle of the night to update the licenses from the previous day. If it's not posted, then call them cause it'll be more than 10 days.

anyone know if we actually need to mail in our intern licenses? it says to mail it back with the green letter but I already lost my hard copy :( will it delay my license if I don't mail it in?

i saw the same thing. i didn't mail mine in cuz i lost mine as well. i know it says "if you have it" so im hoping that it wont matter. i did how ever put my intern license ID so they can look me up quickly. i hope it doesn't delay mine either. mine delivered last thursday so im hoping it will clear without a delay

i saw the same thing. i didn't mail mine in cuz i lost mine as well. i know it says "if you have it" so im hoping that it wont matter. i did how ever put my intern license ID so they can look me up quickly. i hope it doesn't delay mine either. mine delivered last thursday so im hoping it will clear without a delay

I mailed a copy of my license but they didn't even inactivate it so I got my RPH license but my intern license is still active. I don't think it delayed it at all as I got mine posted in 4 business days (not this cycle).

I ended up finding mine after searching my whole house lol but I think it's fine if you don't have it from what others have told me. hope yours gets posted soon!

it seems like the board REALLY wait till day 10 to post the license huh.....i overnighted mine on the 6th and it will be day 10 tomorrow...we will see....

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to share with anyone my experience of the CPJE. I graduated last year in 2017 and it was almost a year process for me before I finally passed the CPJE that I took early July. Prior to passing, I had failed the CPJE twice. During that time, I was using the RxPrep and Weissman to study. Then I decided to take a change in programs and use PassNaplex Now for the clinical and law portion which was a phenomenal resource [will talk about the resources at the end]

To sum up the CPJE from my experience of taking it 3 times ["hopefully not preaching to the choir if anyone has heard anything similar"], the most important things are:
1. Knowing Brand/Generic and being able to associate this with indication, common SE, drug interactions, drug monitoring
**note that this is what you have to know for the CPJE, but it starts to become hard to memorize and get it all in your head if you have a very weak clinical foundation. Best advice is to know the topic inside out such as knowing pathophysiology in order to be able to remember everything. B/c from previous post of past test takers, the exam is random and you cannot memorize everything, but if you have a strong foundational knowledge of the topic -- you can better pick the most appropriate answer since all the answer choices may be correct, but you have to pick the best choice [this means that it is not enough to just kind of know the informationl
2. IV Compatibility was definitely an important one [NS vs D5W]
3. Law --> knowing the key # of days to report to board/DEA, max days supply etc., certain situational questions in retail and clinical setting

There isn't a whole lot of practice exam except for that one that is probably posted online if you google it. [it's like 78 questions i believe]

Rxprep is a great resource for most people, but it honestly gives you way too much information that you honestly don't need to know which may further confuse you on topics. For me personally, there were lots of concepts that just weren't clear in my head and I ended up picking the wrong answers a lot of the time.
Pass Naplex Now was in my opinion the more appropriate resource for me. The information is provided to you in a powerpoint format which is kind of like school. It gives you lots of information on things you need to know for the exam and the lecture recordings were super helpful. They were able to make memorizing information a whole lot easier and taught you what you really need to know. The best thing about this course was the way they were able to help you memorize SE, drug interactions, lab monitors easily by using the drug name itself as the acronym to know the information. This technique was extremely helpful giving me more brain power to memorize other information that just required pure memorization such as dosage, etc.

On a final note, this was my interpretation of the CPJE and the resources that I used and thought were helpful. Everyone processes information in a different way and I would recommend getting multiple opinions from other people to taylor your learning to the way it works for you to achieve the best results.

Good Luck to Everyone Out There and Study Hard.
Ps: Sorry for the long post, but hope you are able to read to the end.

thank you for all this information! I took the CPJE on 10/19/18 and found out today I got a 74 :( I used the RxPrep Course book for Naplex and the RxPrep CA law book. From what it sounds like, I learn like you - ways other than straight memorization. I want to do an online course for my re-take, and am debating between the RxPrep online course and the Pass Naplex Now. It sounds like the PNN course was a great fit. Did you try the RxPrep online course, too? If so, how did they compare?