CPJE July 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pastalover12

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am taking my CPJE on July 30th, which is in about a week and I'm extremely nervous. I saw that no one has started a new thread for the July one so I thought I might start it!

I am currently focusing a lot on clinical portion since I heard that it mostly consists of clinical stuff, but I was wondering if we have to also know dosages? I am mainly focusing on the big topics (CAP, HAP, asthma, COPD, anticoagulants, ACS/STEMI, diabetes, HTN, dyslipidemia, osteoporosis, antipsych, BPH and HIV). Are these enough? Please let me know if I'm missing anything I should cover before walking into that exam. And for the law portion, would skimming over the weissman book and doing his questions be enough?

Any tips from whoever took the exam (including those who recently took it in July) will be very appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi! For your clinical topics, thats a pretty good list. They frequently have coagulation topics on there such as monitoring and counseling. I started with the Weissman book, and ended up purchasing the RXPrep book and found that to be very helpful with the online practice questions and details regarding all of the protocols. Speaking of protocols, definitely know those, I did have some tricky (wording) questions on those. Weissman is good to skim (the questions and I only did the majority of the short ones) since they focus on how long to keep records for, forms to use, and things like that. Auxiliary labels are very important, and brand generic/indication knowledge is very important. I also found that you have to work very quick on this exam, 90 questions in only 2 hours seems like plenty of time but definitely keep that in mind! I took the exam July 12, 10 days after my NAPLEX. Still waiting on the score. If you have any more questions let me know. When I left the exam, I was certainly overwhelmed, but it didn't feel incredibly impossible. So now I am just praying that I passed!

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck with your exam, I have the same feelings as you. I was gonna take mine at the end of this month but I felt too nervous, so I postponed it for another week in August. I heard that the template offered by the board website is very close to the actual one, take a look at it if you haven’t yet. And please share your experience after the exam.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! Thank you so much for your response! It was soo helpful! I really appreciate it! I tried messaging you, but it’s not letting me view your profile, so please msg me when you get a chance since I have more questions to ask!

Thanks!

Hi! For your clinical topics, thats a pretty good list. They frequently have coagulation topics on there such as monitoring and counseling. I started with the Weissman book, and ended up purchasing the RXPrep book and found that to be very helpful with the online practice questions and details regarding all of the protocols. Speaking of protocols, definitely know those, I did have some tricky (wording) questions on those. Weissman is good to skim (the questions and I only did the majority of the short ones) since they focus on how long to keep records for, forms to use, and things like that. Auxiliary labels are very important, and brand generic/indication knowledge is very important. I also found that you have to work very quick on this exam, 90 questions in only 2 hours seems like plenty of time but definitely keep that in mind! I took the exam July 12, 10 days after my NAPLEX. Still waiting on the score. If you have any more questions let me know. When I left the exam, I was certainly overwhelmed, but it didn't feel incredibly impossible. So now I am just praying that I passed!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Thank you so much for your response! It was soo helpful! I really appreciate it! I tried messaging you, but it’s not letting me view your profile, so please msg me when you get a chance since I have more questions to ask!

Thanks!

I also tried, so weird it won't let me! I tried to follow you to see if that would work... they make this site so confusing lol. Maybe someone else knows how to start conversations? I will look into it more tomorrow!

I took my exam July 20th so I missed the last cut off period :( but anyways, I do not think I made it . The exam was so random, and you really have to keep an eye on the time ( had 15 questions to answer in the last 9 min ) .
My advice is to take your cpje as close to the NAPLEX as possible. Study with brand names ( lost 2 questions cause I had no idea what the brand names are for ). Law exam was straight forward. I would recommend to quiz yourself even if you think you got the logic of it. In the exam you have to be quick .

Counted 16 question “ I think” I got wrong so far. I can’t even remember the rest of the exam.

Good luck to anyone who is taking it soon.

I took my exam July 20th so I missed the last cut off period :( but anyways, I do not think I made it . The exam was so random, and you really have to keep an eye on the time ( had 15 questions to answer in the last 9 min ) .
My advice is to take your cpje as close to the NAPLEX as possible. Study with brand names ( lost 2 questions cause I had no idea what the brand names are for ). Law exam was straight forward. I would recommend to quiz yourself even if you think you got the logic of it. In the exam you have to be quick .

Counted 16 question “ I think” I got wrong so far. I can’t even remember the rest of the exam.

Hi,
Was there a lot of dosing? Thanks

I also tried, so weird it won't let me! I tried to follow you to see if that would work... they make this site so confusing lol. Maybe someone else knows how to start conversations? I will look into it more tomorrow!

Can you elaborate more on the protocols? Do you mean treatment options? You said the wording was tricky. What do you mean by that?
Also, i know someone asked already, but do i need to know dosing?
I am really worried about the clinical portion of it since I’m taking cpje before naplex.

Thank you for your help again!

Hii thank you so much for sharing!
I am trying to study brand and generic names, but my brain is refusing to take in any more info.. LOL would you say memorizing the top 200 is sufficient? Or did you think that was not enough? I was just going to focus on the ones listed on the last chapter of rxprep. Would that cover all the drugs that would come out in cpje?
Also, what were some random clinical topics you encountered during the exam?

Thank you!

Can you elaborate more on the protocols? Do you mean treatment options? You said the wording was tricky. What do you mean by that?
Also, i know someone asked already, but do i need to know dosing?
I am really worried about the clinical portion of it since I’m taking cpje before naplex.

Thank you for your help again!

Okay so I had no dosing questions at all. I am not sure where anybody got that but the only way I could see it potentially coming up is in calculating a dose or flow rate or something (which I did have to do for Heparin based question). I can't really give specifics on brand names because I don't want to get in trouble, but there was one that I had no clue and it asked how you would monitor the efficacy (based on indication). Others would give you an RX label and ask what aux label is appropriate (which requires knowing the brand name in some cases), it might come up in comparing a written RX to the label typed by technician where most of the time the written RX they show you is written in brand name and label states generic, and the last type of question involving brand names would be the therapeutic interchange questions. I know my tricky one from eliminating the other options, and I remembered it vaguely; but they definitely try to give you old medications that you never see give as brand name anymore. I work retail so am fairly familiar with brand names, so I did not go crazy studying and just figured I would know what I know from work.

Protocols. I had two tricky questions that read something along the lines of "legally what must occur next" after completing a step in either the naloxone furnishing protocol, travel medicine protocol, emergency contraceptive protocol, or immunization protocol. So definitely make sure you give those a good look, know the time frames and who it has to be reported to, and how long you have to keep those files for. Also, look over recall protocols, compounding and regular drugs.

Also, it says this in the bulletin, but reading the Script that the board posts is worth it. I had two law update questions from that, they were pretty easy because I had read that. They did just post a new July one, but the March one is worth taking a look at too.

Weird clinical topics (or ones I didn't spend time studying for either exam, NAPLEX & CPJE): ocular/otic and technique, renal dose adjustments (on non-common drugs that first come to mind -- I guess this kind of goes into the dosing question people were asking), emergency protocol/response to anaphylaxis, random GI disease states like IBS/UC/Crohns, lifestyle modifications for common disease states like HLD, HTN, T2DM etc. Honestly I had such an assortment of clinical topics and just get lucky with knowing most of them. I highly recommend the RXPrep CPJE study set if you haven't purchased already. I also purchased the NAPLEX questions so I think those helped for both exams.

Sorry for the long post, but hopefully this helps you!

Reactions: 3 users
Okay so I had no dosing questions at all. I am not sure where anybody got that but the only way I could see it potentially coming up is in calculating a dose or flow rate or something (which I did have to do for Heparin based question). I can't really give specifics on brand names because I don't want to get in trouble, but there was one that I had no clue and it asked how you would monitor the efficacy (based on indication). Others would give you an RX label and ask what aux label is appropriate (which requires knowing the brand name in some cases), it might come up in comparing a written RX to the label typed by technician where most of the time the written RX they show you is written in brand name and label states generic, and the last type of question involving brand names would be the therapeutic interchange questions. I know my tricky one from eliminating the other options, and I remembered it vaguely; but they definitely try to give you old medications that you never see give as brand name anymore. I work retail so am fairly familiar with brand names, so I did not go crazy studying and just figured I would know what I know from work.

Protocols. I had two tricky questions that read something along the lines of "legally what must occur next" after completing a step in either the naloxone furnishing protocol, travel medicine protocol, emergency contraceptive protocol, or immunization protocol. So definitely make sure you give those a good look, know the time frames and who it has to be reported to, and how long you have to keep those files for. Also, look over recall protocols, compounding and regular drugs.

Also, it says this in the bulletin, but reading the Script that the board posts is worth it. I had two law update questions from that, they were pretty easy because I had read that. They did just post a new July one, but the March one is worth taking a look at too.

Weird clinical topics (or ones I didn't spend time studying for either exam, NAPLEX & CPJE): ocular/otic and technique, renal dose adjustments (on non-common drugs that first come to mind -- I guess this kind of goes into the dosing question people were asking), emergency protocol/response to anaphylaxis, random GI disease states like IBS/UC/Crohns, lifestyle modifications for common disease states like HLD, HTN, T2DM etc. Honestly I had such an assortment of clinical topics and just get lucky with knowing most of them. I highly recommend the RXPrep CPJE study set if you haven't purchased already. I also purchased the NAPLEX questions so I think those helped for both exams.

Sorry for the long post, but hopefully this helps you!

Wow thank you so much! This is so thorough! Haha
One more question I have as I’m studying right now! Would you say it’s safe for me to skip the compounding and manufacturing section in weissman’s book? I know you mentioned that i should know the recalls of sterile compounded products, but everything other than that, should I cover it or can i just skip it? If you feel that I should cover it, which portions of it should I focus on studying for?

Thank you and sorry for keep pestering you haha

One more question I have as I’m studying right now! Would you say it’s safe for me to skip the compounding and manufacturing section in weissman’s book? I know you mentioned that i should know the recalls of sterile compounded products, but everything other than that, should I cover it or can i just skip it? If you feel that I should cover it, which portions of it should I focus on studying for?

ok so I don’t 100% remember what I even read in the weissman book about compounding. I pretty much only throughly read the RxPrep book. I had a garb question but I knew that from reading the Naplex book. Unfortunately I don’t even recall looking at the weissman section so I’m not really sure. Recalls are most important I would say, along with glancing at the compounding self assessment and any law updates for compounding pharmacies (renewing license, out of state facilities, and what’s required to be in pharmacy) the board may have posted about compounding (which I think there was one when I last looked at website).

ok so I don’t 100% remember what I even read in the weissman book about compounding. I pretty much only throughly read the RxPrep book. I had a garb question but I knew that from reading the Naplex book. Unfortunately I don’t even recall looking at the weissman section so I’m not really sure. Recalls are most important I would say, along with glancing at the compounding self assessment and any law updates for compounding pharmacies (renewing license, out of state facilities, and what’s required to be in pharmacy) the board may have posted about compounding (which I think there was one when I last looked at website).
I just sent you a message, but i’m not sure if it actually worked. Let me know if you get this msg!

I don't recommend studying specific things just based on what you're reading on this forum...I've heard of people who did that and ended up failing the CPJE because the questions they got were totally different / the topics they ignored ended up actually being on their exam.

There's no easy way to pass the CPJE. The questions are so random and the brand/generic drugs aren't necessarily the top 200-300 ones. I know you don't want to hear this, but if you're going to be a pharmacist you'll have to study with the goal of being a competent pharmacist in California, not simply to pass the exam. Sorry but it bothers me that you're asking questions such as, "is it safe for me to skip the ___ sections?" - it looks like you're trying to find out exactly what topics other people got on their exams, no offense. You know they change up the questions, right (I think that's a reason why it takes them so long to grade and release the results), even if they're in the same testing period? Good luck and make sure you don't run out of time (which surprisingly can happen). Lots of people feel like they failed the exam as they walk out, but end up passing. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello. How was your exam today? Can you give any advice

Hello all,
I am taking my CPJE on July 30th, which is in about a week and I'm extremely nervous. I saw that no one has started a new thread for the July one so I thought I might start it!

I am currently focusing a lot on clinical portion since I heard that it mostly consists of clinical stuff, but I was wondering if we have to also know dosages? I am mainly focusing on the big topics (CAP, HAP, asthma, COPD, anticoagulants, ACS/STEMI, diabetes, HTN, dyslipidemia, osteoporosis, antipsych, BPH and HIV). Are these enough? Please let me know if I'm missing anything I should cover before walking into that exam. And for the law portion, would skimming over the weissman book and doing his questions be enough?

Any tips from whoever took the exam (including those who recently took it in July) will be very appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

I don't recommend studying specific things just based on what you're reading on this forum...I've heard of people who did that and ended up failing the CPJE because the questions they got were totally different / the topics they ignored ended up actually being on their exam.

There's no easy way to pass the CPJE. The questions are so random and the brand/generic drugs aren't necessarily the top 200-300 ones. I know you don't want to hear this, but if you're going to be a pharmacist you'll have to study with the goal of being a competent pharmacist in California, not simply to pass the exam. Sorry but it bothers me that you're asking questions such as, "is it safe for me to skip the ___ sections?" - it looks like you're trying to find out exactly what topics other people got on their exams, no offense. You know they change up the questions, right (I think that's a reason why it takes them so long to grade and release the results), even if they're in the same testing period? Good luck and make sure you don't run out of time (which surprisingly can happen). Lots of people feel like they failed the exam as they walk out, but end up passing. :)

There is no need to come on here and be degrading like that! We are all just trying to pass the exam. Obviously we all know that the CPJE is a grab bag of questions and you are most likely not going to get similar topics to another person. And telling someone to skip certain sections is not advised, but you can say what areas you encountered. Any help, is better than no help. I honestly studied for this like I did the NAPLEX, minus the addition of some law material. Let's not be malicious on here, we are all just trying to pass...unless you wish for others to fail. Then you have the right attitude for that! I can't think of any people that have taken this test without asking pharmacists they work with, other students, or searching the internet for little tidbits of information that might help guide someones studying! :) Good luck to those taking the exam in the future!

Hi everyone! longtime lurker here and thought i'd pay it forward by sharing my experience. took the exam for the first time yesterday, 7/30. in general, there weren't too many surprises. I got a few curveball law questions that I still can't find the answers to, but overall, I mostly got bread and butter questions from the big topics (HTN, heart failure, anticoag, ID, psych). Only 1 HIV question, no oncology, no DMARDS. I had A LOT of therapeutic interchange, and that's where they really went HAM on brand generic. Example would be "*brand name* out of stock, what can you interchange with?" and the choices would be all generics so you have to know the brand name, the indication, class, and the whole nine yards. bottom line, study brand generic like your life depended on it because you're gonna give away a lot of easy questions if you don't (especially focus on new drugs and controls). I also had a lot of renal dosing (which of these drugs need renal dose adjustment?) and a couple of dosing questions (gives you a script, fill or call md?), but they were pretty obvious. 2 calculations, and quite a bit of counseling. know your CYP interactions.

I used the RxPrep book, RxPrep CPJE law book, and the RxPrep online question banks for both CPJE and NAPLEX. I bought Pharmacy Charts but didn't use it a whole lot because I didn't find the format very helpful, though the appendix section had some good summaries. By far the best resource I can recommend to everyone is the CPJE Secrets Study Guide sold on eBay. It's clear, concise, and has so many little details that you wouldn't bother memorizing from RxPrep but are extremely CPJE specific and will likely show up on your exam.

So far I counted about 6-7 that I missed for sure, though I'm bit scared that I might have missed a lot more on law than what I anticipate because the questions aren't all clear cut. Hopefully this was helpful to you guys and good luck!

Took it yesterday (7/30). Most definitely walked out thinking that I failed. I used RxPrep, RxPrep CPJE, and the test banks. Been studying for over a month. Lots of clinical questions, which all used brand names. hardly any generics. Much harder than the sample questions in the bulletin or the questions from RxPrep.

I took my exam july 16.... the last predate posted was july 15 ( I still don’t have a predate) is there any chance that I could have squeezed into the batch before or most likely not haha I just can’t bekieve I missed it by one day so I’m trying to be hopeful but I doubt I could get that lucky... or has anyone heard of ppl not having a predate but getting results

I took my exam july 16.... the last predate posted was july 15 ( I still don’t have a predate) is there any chance that I could have squeezed into the batch before or most likely not haha I just can’t bekieve I missed it by one day so I’m trying to be hopeful but I doubt I could get that lucky... or has anyone heard of ppl not having a predate but getting results

Hi there, unfortunately from all the research I have done on what people say about this predate thing, I think you did miss it by one day. My friend also took the exam the 16th. Based on the last predates (June 9, and May 4) it seems that the next one should be around August 19th. I was in the last batch and am supposedly receiving results this week (today or tomorrow hopefully). This one was a bit delayed from the predate to when results went out, because in June I think they get their letters around June 19/20 which is only about 10 days from the predate. From July 15, say we get today, that will be over 2 weeks from the predate (3 weeks from my test date). Hope that helps, I am no expert, but have done lots of online searches!!

Hi there, unfortunately from all the research I have done on what people say about this predate thing, I think you did miss it by one day. My friend also took the exam the 16th. Based on the last predates (June 9, and May 4) it seems that the next one should be around August 19th. I was in the last batch and am supposedly receiving results this week (today or tomorrow hopefully). This one was a bit delayed from the predate to when results went out, because in June I think they get their letters around June 19/20 which is only about 10 days from the predate. From July 15, say we get today, that will be over 2 weeks from the predate (3 weeks from my test date). Hope that helps, I am no expert, but have done lots of online searches!!
Thanks for the reply! I figured not I was just somewhat hopeful haha best of luck to you...!!!

i took my exam July 16th also. It was definitely hard, much harder than naplex. I had mostly clinical questions. I haven't gotten a predate yet either.

i took my exam July 16th also. It was definitely hard, much harder than naplex. I had mostly clinical questions. I haven't gotten a predate yet either.
Hi,
Can you elaborate more on why it is harder than naplex? Is it due to brand names And dosing? Thanks!

Hi,
Can you elaborate more on why it is harder than naplex? Is it due to brand names And dosing? Thanks!

For me i thought it was hard because I had some drugs I never came across before (and i work in retail setting) and the exam used brand name of drugs, and asked for the side effects. I also eliminated but the two answers left I felt like either one could be the answers. Also I got asked some specific dosing and to match it with the indication of the drug ,and therapeutic interchanges with the answer choices being in similar drug classes. Also the few law questions I had it was tricky for me I should have read carefully and went with my instinct. Naplex was straightfoward for me, just long. I had a lot of math and I consider that to be my strong point. Also I used rxprep online question banks and those questions helped me prepare for the actual naplex. Good_Rx2018, have u taken the cpje/naplex yet? If you did, what do you think of it?

For me i thought it was hard because I had some drugs I never came across before (and i work in retail setting) and the exam used brand name of drugs, and asked for the side effects. I also eliminated but the two answers left I felt like either one could be the answers. Also I got asked some specific dosing and to match it with the indication of the drug ,and therapeutic interchanges with the answer choices being in similar drug classes. Also the few law questions I had it was tricky for me I should have read carefully and went with my instinct. Naplex was straightfoward for me, just long. I had a lot of math and I consider that to be my strong point. Also I used rxprep online question banks and those questions helped me prepare for the actual naplex. Good_Rx2018, have u taken the cpje/naplex yet? If you did, what do you think of it?

Thanks for the reply! I have taken Naplex, but not yet CPJE. I thought NAPLEX was straightforward. It was not easy, but you have a higher chance to passed the exam If you study top 200. I also agreed with you on the math portions and they used less brand names in the test questions. That probably the reasons why everyone passed NAPLEX whereas CPJE test questions has so much weird brand names. Best of luck to You! :)

Thanks for the reply! I have taken Naplex, but not yet CPJE. I thought NAPLEX was straightforward. It was not easy, but you have a higher chance to passed the exam If you study top 200. I also agreed with you on the math portions and they used less brand names in the test questions. That probably the reasons why everyone passed NAPLEX whereas CPJE test questions has so much weird brand names. Best of luck to You! :)

Aww thank you! Good luck on CPJE ! Hope you pass!

Hey guys, I wouldn't recommend discussing the exam in detail on this forum. For a few reasons:

1) Rumors are that it is possible people are skimming through these forums looking for people who are giving up information about the exam. Remember, you signed not to disclose any information about the exam. Someone might have to double check me but this could be a misdemeanor.

2) By helping others, you are making your exam score possibly worse because it is a scaled score. Do you want to fail because you helped someone else by spilling the beans of what was on the exam?

3) By taking the oath as a pharmacist, we were saying we would do what is best for the profession. Is giving other people an unfair advantage the right thing to do? It is possible they are not fit to be a pharmacist.

Just food for thought.

Hey guys, I wouldn't recommend discussing the exam in detail on this forum. For a few reasons:

1) Rumors are that it is possible people are skimming through these forums looking for people who are giving up information about the exam. Remember, you signed not to disclose any information about the exam. Someone might have to double check me but this could be a misdemeanor.

2) By helping others, you are making your exam score possibly worse because it is a scaled score. Do you want to fail because you helped someone else by spilling the beans of what was on the exam?

3) By taking the oath as a pharmacist, we were saying we would do what is best for the profession. Is giving other people an unfair advantage the right thing to do? It is possible they are not fit to be a pharmacist.

Just food for thought.

This guy is trolling... none of your business if you dont want to help people. I would be stressing out if i have a colleague like you. You've posted on the other post telling people to study for every Onco brand names and onco dosing. Why are you trying to set people up for failure? Go away!

Reactions: 2 users
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to share with anyone my experience of the CPJE. I graduated last year in 2017 and it was almost a year process for me before I finally passed the CPJE that I took early July. Prior to passing, I had failed the CPJE twice. During that time, I was using the RxPrep and Weissman to study. Then I decided to take a change in programs and use PassNaplex Now for the clinical and law portion which was a phenomenal resource [will talk about the resources at the end]

To sum up the CPJE from my experience of taking it 3 times ["hopefully not preaching to the choir if anyone has heard anything similar"], the most important things are:
1. Knowing Brand/Generic and being able to associate this with indication, common SE, drug interactions, drug monitoring
**note that this is what you have to know for the CPJE, but it starts to become hard to memorize and get it all in your head if you have a very weak clinical foundation. Best advice is to know the topic inside out such as knowing pathophysiology in order to be able to remember everything. B/c from previous post of past test takers, the exam is random and you cannot memorize everything, but if you have a strong foundational knowledge of the topic -- you can better pick the most appropriate answer since all the answer choices may be correct, but you have to pick the best choice [this means that it is not enough to just kind of know the informationl
2. IV Compatibility was definitely an important one [NS vs D5W]
3. Law --> knowing the key # of days to report to board/DEA, max days supply etc., certain situational questions in retail and clinical setting

There isn't a whole lot of practice exam except for that one that is probably posted online if you google it. [it's like 78 questions i believe]

Rxprep is a great resource for most people, but it honestly gives you way too much information that you honestly don't need to know which may further confuse you on topics. For me personally, there were lots of concepts that just weren't clear in my head and I ended up picking the wrong answers a lot of the time.
Pass Naplex Now was in my opinion the more appropriate resource for me. The information is provided to you in a powerpoint format which is kind of like school. It gives you lots of information on things you need to know for the exam and the lecture recordings were super helpful. They were able to make memorizing information a whole lot easier and taught you what you really need to know. The best thing about this course was the way they were able to help you memorize SE, drug interactions, lab monitors easily by using the drug name itself as the acronym to know the information. This technique was extremely helpful giving me more brain power to memorize other information that just required pure memorization such as dosage, etc.

On a final note, this was my interpretation of the CPJE and the resources that I used and thought were helpful. Everyone processes information in a different way and I would recommend getting multiple opinions from other people to taylor your learning to the way it works for you to achieve the best results.

Good Luck to Everyone Out There and Study Hard.
Ps: Sorry for the long post, but hope you are able to read to the end.

Last edited:
Can someone please explain the cut off periods for the CPJE?!? I just moved to California from New York and have my exam scheduled for August 20th, but after reading posts from here it seems like I should move it up to not miss the cut off period? I saw that someone said they missed the cut-off when they took it July 20th. Can someone please explain what that means? I'm not really familiar with all these specifics of California grading since in the New York the results are released online within a few days of taking the exam. Thank you so much!

Can someone please explain the cut off periods for the CPJE?!? I just moved to California from New York and have my exam scheduled for August 20th, but after reading posts from here it seems like I should move it up to not miss the cut off period? I saw that someone said they missed the cut-off when they took it July 20th. Can someone please explain what that means? I'm not really familiar with all these specifics of California grading since in the New York the results are released online within a few days of taking the exam. Thank you so much!
The CA board of pharmacy sends out results in batches. It's usually ~30d, but fluctuates slightly. You can tell when a batch ends when your test date on PSI shows a "predate". So if you take the exam directly after this predate (the only way you can know the pre-date prior to taking the exam is someone who already took it telling you) then you know you will be waiting a minimum of 45d for your results. If you are lucky and take your exam towards the end of the batch, then you will get your results in 10-15d. FYI: The last cutoffs have been: 5/4, 6/9, 7/15. There is also something called the QA period, where the board delays score release by an extra ~30d for one batch a year...historically it seems to happen in August.

The CA board of pharmacy sends out results in batches. It's usually ~30d, but fluctuates slightly. You can tell when a batch ends when your test date on PSI shows a "predate". So if you take the exam directly after this predate (the only way you can know the pre-date prior to taking the exam is someone who already took it telling you) then you know you will be waiting a minimum of 45d for your results. If you are lucky and take your exam towards the end of the batch, then you will get your results in 10-15d. FYI: The last cutoffs have been: 5/4, 6/9, 7/15. There is also something called the QA period, where the board delays score release by an extra ~30d for one batch a year...historically it seems to happen in August.

Thank you so so much for the response!! I have a friend who will be taking it a few days before. Can you explain how exactly she can find out on the PSI website? It should just be next to her test date?

Thank you so so much for the response!! I have a friend who will be taking it a few days before. Can you explain how exactly she can find out on the PSI website? It should just be next to her test date?

Exactly, next to where it says California Jurisprudence exam it will have PRE [xx/xx/xx] next to it. If you feel like you're ready try and squeeze it in this week if you can! I think I did read something about it having to be a couple days in advance so definitely look into it tomorrow if you can! Good luck!!

Hello, has anyone used the PharmacyExam site? they have a quiz bank for the CPJE that consist of law and clinical questions. Please, let me know if anyone has found that site useful

Did anybody’s profile updated with the new predate ? Checked mine today, nothing yet !
nothing for me either. aren't we supposed to receive our results in 30-45 days? that's what my receipt paper said after taking the cpje. but when i called the board they said 45-60 days. why the inconsistencies?

Mine just did too ! In the next 2 weeks we will be receiving our results. Hope we all pass guys !

just wondering, i see the same predate marked for 8/20 in my status, does that mean anyone taking tomorrow's exam is part of the new batch? is that the audit batch as well? (asking for someone)

hoping we all passed. the wait is so long... o_O

just wondering, i see the same predate marked for 8/20 in my status, does that mean anyone taking tomorrow's exam is part of the new batch? is that the audit batch as well? (asking for someone)

hoping we all passed. the wait is so long... o_O

Yes if they take it tomorrow they move to the next batch

I took my exam today 8/20 at 12pm. Am I in this batch? No post date on my psi
No sorry, you would be in the new batch. Your predate would be about 5 weeks later based on past predates. So you'll probably receive results it 5-7 weeks later. I took it first day of the new batch too. Good luck!