CPJE July 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RxPrep2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took CPJE on July 10th 2014. Waiting for results. If anybody else took it in july please post your replies here. Just want to make sure that there is not another QA! Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

:( sorry to hear that you went through all of that Takemetoberlin... hopefully we will hear from them this week. Like someone mentioned, last year some started getting their results on August 6th... last year the 6th was on a Tuesday.... TOMORROW IS TUESDAY !! :wideyed:

Plus since we are supposed to get our results within 30 days because we are not in QA, I think it should be very soon.

Good luck everyone!!!!!!!! :luck::xf:

So, I was looking at the blueprint. When I read other threads, I noticed that those who failed got a "low" score in at least one of the three main areas I believe. Those three areas according to the Content Outline are:

1. Patient Medications (25 items)
2. Patient Outcomes (30 items)
3. Pharmacy Operations (20 items)

The Content Outline / Blueprint can be found here: http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/forms/exam_outline_after0411.pdf

Since there are 15 questions added that do not count, I think it may be safe to say that each section will have 5 of those pretest questions that don't count.

I know we will be getting a scaled score, but I think we have to get at least an "average" on each of the sections. Just going by the 70% minimum for each section that would mean we'd have to at least get 17.5 on Patient Medications, 21 on Patient Outcomes, and 14 on Pharmacy Operations. I know it is scaled so the number amount that we have to get right might be lower or higher than that. But those are just my thoughts as of right now...

Ok I need to go distract myself now.

What these screwball idiots don't get is that they're wasting peoples' lives by having them wait so long. If they wait until mid August to send my results and I've not passed again, even if I submit the retake material the same day, or next day, since they take 2 and a half months to get back, that's 4 months of waiting to retake, NOT 3 months, which in itself would be bad enough.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I am so sorry to hear that! Just out of curiosity...did you go to cali school?

Update: NO RESULTS! I am predicting they won't be available til next week!

Members don't see this ad :)
No results here either, I am starting to think its not coming until late this week or sometime next week.

Somebody should call BOP...I mean people who took it on July 1st to July 5th. I want to call them but I am afraid they won't answer me b/c I am not quite there at 30 day limit

Just received an email informing me that the Ca BoP began QA August 1st. Results are expected to be released Oct 31st, 2014.

I took my CPJE on 7/31. Do you all think that I will get stuck in QA.

I don't think so. Log into PSI it should say "pre 8/1/14" or something like that. That means before QA which means you are not in it.

Anyways, obviously nothing in the mail for me today in southern California.

Just received an email informing me that the Ca BoP began QA August 1st. Results are expected to be released Oct 31st, 2014.
Was your email from the Ca BOP? Just curious because I took my cpje on aug 4 and didn't get any email about it. But I know qa started 8/1 from bop website.

Members don't see this ad :)
The email was from faculty....I posted to my class facebook page, and someone posted the same information in a .pdf they snagged from the CA BoP website. However, when I conducted a quick search using the CA BoP engine, it did not show up. I suspect that the QA will not last until October 31st, as many people just from CA Schools are taking the exam during August.

Reactions: 1 user
The email was from faculty....I posted to my class facebook page, and someone posted the same information in a .pdf they snagged from the CA BoP website. However, when I conducted a quick search using the CA BoP engine, it did not show up. I suspect that the QA will not last until October 31st, as many people just from CA Schools are taking the exam during August.

They always update the QA pdf from at this link: http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/applicants/cpje_score_delay.pdf

Nothing in the mail yet for me...

Oh my, oh my... Let see, if not this week, then maybe next week? or the week after that? I feel like I wanted to record my voice when my family picks up the mail from the mail box... every time I would ask " is there anything important?" and I am doing it everyday...I feel like crying and laughing at the same time :lol:

Here you go guys... Announcement for the BOP: I hope this will not affect the July test takers :nono: This was posted 8/52014 from there website.

Effective August 1, 2014, the board instituted a quality assurance review of the California Practice
Standards and Jurisprudence Examination for Pharmacists (CPJE). This means that there will be a delay
in the release of all CPJE examination scores. This process is done periodically to ensure the reliability
of the examination. The board will release scores as soon as possible. Based on historical patterns, the
board anticipates results being released approximately October 31, 2014. The board encourages all
qualified applicants to continue to schedule and take the CPJE exam. The greater the number of
applicants who take the exam during this review period, the sooner results can be released.

When I checked PSI, my status specifically said CPJE (taken pre-august 1st).... so I hope we get our scores soon. Or else it will be a long two months.

I took CPJE on 7/31 and NAPLEX on 8/2 in CA.
Did anyone took NAPLEX in CA recently. When to expect to receive my NAPLEX result?

I took CPJE on 7/31 and NAPLEX on 8/2 in CA.
Did anyone took NAPLEX in CA recently. When to expect to receive my NAPLEX result?

I took the NAPLEX on 7/17 and got it in the mail on 7/28 :) You might be getting it soon!

I'm stalking the forums again, and this is what I see from people who took CPJE in July:

• Someone took it on 7/27, letter was postmarked 8/7 (that was on a Wednesday) and received it on 8/8 (person lived closer to Sacramento area).
  • Someone else took it on 7/27, date on letter was 8/6, and received it 8/9, (person from southern California)
  • Person who took it on 7/15 received it on 8/9
  • Many people posted on 8/9 that they received it.

I'm guessing if not this week, definitely next week.

Ok I need to go exercise or something to work off these nerves!

I believe that person (in bold) is me :hello::D:D:hello:

I'm stalking the forums again, and this is what I see from people who took CPJE in July:

• Someone took it on 7/27, letter was postmarked 8/7 (that was on a Wednesday) and received it on 8/8 (person lived closer to Sacramento area).
  • Someone else took it on 7/27, date on letter was 8/6, and received it 8/9, (person from southern California)

This is so cool! haha As for results, no luck! I called yesterday, nothing was mailed out! :(:(:(

Yeah I didn't receive anything yesterday, and I live about 40 minutes away from Sacramento. So hopefully we can get it soon. As soon as I get anything, this will be the first place I post!

Reactions: 2 users
I drive by BOP office everyday, too chicken to walk in and ask, but I will be handing in my licensing application personally because my friend who graduated last year did the same, her app was input the same and and license was uploaded within a few days

I believe that person (in bold) is me :hello::D:D:hello:

Yes!! It is you! Thank you for sharing that information :) Was the paper in your letter green?

This is so cool! haha As for results, no luck! I called yesterday, nothing was mailed out! :(:(:(

Thanks for calling! I guess we must wait to see if we'll get it next week... things are taking a bit longer than last year. Seems like the previous QA took longer.

Called BOP, gentleman I spoke to said that results haven't been mailed out yet, will be out in a couple of weeks because it's taking them longer to process them

I did not receive my green letter that day because I took my NAPLEX after the CPJE on Aug 5th. I did get my green letter with my NAPLEX result 2 weeks after Aug 5th.

Yes!! It is you! Thank you for sharing that information :) Was the paper in your letter green?

Thanks for calling! I guess we must wait to see if we'll get it next week... things are taking a bit longer than last year. Seems like the previous QA took longer.

For those who are stuck in the August QA (took after 8/1), I'm assuming the QA will not be that long because there are 1,400 people eligible to take the CPJE and they only need 400 to release results. I got this email from the CA BOP::

"Effective August 1, 2014, the California State Board of Pharmacy instituted a quality assurance review of the California Practice Standards and Jurisprudence Examination for Pharmacists (CPJE).

The board strongly encourages the 1,400 currently eligible pharmacist licensure candidates to take the pharmacist exam so that the board can complete its quality assurance review and release the exam results. The greater the number of applicants who take the exam during this review period, the sooner results can be released.

Currently, the board anticipates results being released approximately October 31, 2014, but scores could be released earlier if more candidates take the exam sooner rather than later."

Called BOP, gentleman I spoke to said that results haven't been mailed out yet, will be out in a couple of weeks because it's taking them longer to process them

That really sucks! I already know that we won't get results til end of August. It's not a prediction. It's the fact.

That really sucks! I already know that we won't get results til end of August. It's not a prediction. It's the fact.

:(
I really need to get my mind off of this then.

Once again, if I took mine on July 2nd (CPJE) and nothing yet, and it's been about 40 days, I don't even know what to say to those who took it later. Just saying. :rage:

I took mine 7/9 - so I guess we are stuck to the CBOP waiting game, I don't know for the July test takers if we are included in the August QA? Any updates for us? or we will wait also for the October results? that is if they have the 1,400? is this the number they need? yayyy... so lets say, the April test takers received their results July... took them 4 months... so for us November? Ummmm..... worst case scenario? anyone? Christmas?:soexcited:

Once again, if I took mine on July 2nd (CPJE) and nothing yet, and it's been about 40 days, I don't even know what to say to those who took it later. Just saying. :rage:

That's very strange because I've heard from some people, who took their CPJE during the first week of July, that they have already gotten their scores. I would recommend you calling them to make sure that your scores did not get lost in the mail. They said it would take about 2-4 weeks to get our results. Anything more than 30 days....I would question that. 40 days is definitely a red flag to me.

I took mine 7/9 - so I guess we are stuck to the CBOP waiting game, I don't know for the July test takers if we are included in the August QA? Any updates for us? or we will wait also for the October results? that is if they have the 1,400? is this the number they need? yayyy... so lets say, the April test takers received their results July... took them 4 months... so for us November? Ummmm..... worst case scenario? anyone? Christmas?:soexcited:

We are not stuck in the QA period if we took it before August 1st. CA BOP is just super slow! Worst state I have ever dealt with, seriously. All the other states that I took my Boards for, got back to me within 3-4 days. This is insane!

I am not posting anymore or reading threads until I get my results. If I pretend its not there, I can get through the next two weeks! See you when I get my results!

A friend just called bop, they mailed all June/July test taker results today!!! Including mine. Good luck everyone

I am not posting anymore or reading threads until I get my results. If I pretend its not there, I can get through the next two weeks! See you when I get my results!
Reports are that they mail ALL June/July today. Counting down hours since I reside in the same Zip code as BOP. Will update as I get mine

Reports are that they mail ALL June/July today. Counting down hours since I reside in the same Zip code as BOP. Will update as I get mine

Strange, I spoke to someone at the Board today who said early July test takers results have not been mailed out yet with no estimation as to when they will.

Strange, I spoke to someone at the Board today who said early July test takers results have not been mailed out yet with no estimation as to when they will.
That's what they told me on Friday, but 2 of my friends called today and confirm the same thing

I truly do hope that's the case. Please post once you receive your scores and also let us know how long it takes for your license to be posted after you mail out the pharmacist licensing application.

I truly do hope that's the case. Please post once you receive your scores and also let us know how long it takes for your license to be posted after you mail out the pharmacist licensing application.
Good luck to all of... I hope we all pass. I'm going to personally hand my app in since I live very close to BOP. A couple friends from last year recommended doing so cuz they got license posted within 2-3 days of handing it in.

Good luck to all of... I hope we all pass. I'm going to personally hand my app in since I live very close to BOP. A couple friends from last year recommended doing so cuz they got license posted within 2-3 days of handing it in.

I really hope you are right! LOL..I tried to stay away, but I guess temptation is too much.. I can't wait til I get my results. I really Hope we all PASSED. Best of Luck everybody! :);)