CPJE July 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RxPrep2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took CPJE on July 10th 2014. Waiting for results. If anybody else took it in july please post your replies here. Just want to make sure that there is not another QA! Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I also took it on July 10th and still waiting for my results. On the CA BOP page there is no annoucement for a QA so I think we are still good. BTW, I took my NAPLEX on July 21st and I was wondering, does anyone knew how long results usually take to be sent out?

Good luck to those preparing for the test and I hope we all pass!

I got my NAPLEX result in exactly one week from the test date.

I took my CPJE today 7/23. My classmates have been getting their results in ~2 weeks so I'm hoping the trend continues.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got my NAPLEX result in exactly one week from the test date.

I took my CPJE today 7/23. My classmates have been getting their results in ~2 weeks so I'm hoping the trend continues.

I took mine on 7/1. I had to wait 2 weeks b/c of 4th of july weekend. If you are anxious like I was, I went to NABP website to see if my NAPLEX button turned orange, which it did! So that is how i knew I passed..Good luck to you!

CPJE results - come on!!

I took mine on 7/1. I had to wait 2 weeks b/c of 4th of july weekend. If you are anxious like I was, I went to NABP website to see if my NAPLEX button turned orange, which it did! So that is how i knew I passed..Good luck to you!

CPJE results - come on!!

RxPrep 2014, what do you mean your NAPLEX button turned orange? How do I check?

I checked my nabp registration and it's closed while I can click the "register for naplex" button. So I passed? I saw a lot of people confirm this true in that posted link, but I will update as soon as I get the official letter. Good luck to everyone!

Hi everyone. I took the CPJE today, I'm so nervous and hope that I passed. I already know I missed some..

I thought that after QA, results are generally sent at least every two weeks... but I could be wrong.

I hope we all get our results soon, I'm guessing it will be within the first two weeks of August? Good luck everyone.

That sucks! I don't think I will be getting anything this week! will keep you posted if i get anything next week. BTW I live 40 miles away from Sacramento area.

CPJE results - come on!!

I took the NAPLEX 6/30 and was delayed as well b/c of the 4th.

Little over 3 weeks now and still no CPJE results.

Hi everyone. I took the CPJE today, I'm so nervous and hope that I passed. I already know I missed some..

I thought that after QA, results are generally sent at least every two weeks... but I could be wrong.

I hope we all get our results soon, I'm guessing it will be within the first two weeks of August? Good luck everyone.

I am taking exam next week. Can you please give some idea, what to focus for CPJE ?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I am taking exam next week. Can you please give some idea, what to focus for CPJE ?

Thanks

It is true what everyone is saying, it is really random as far as what drug classes and disease states it covers. It was all over the place for me. I feel like I'm not offering any new information by saying this but definitely know brand/generic, indication, dosage, side effect and monitoring. I guess that's obvious since we are going to be pharmacists but I got questions on each of those things as well as some law and calculations.

I heard before that you will either get a "retail" test or "hospital" test, well mine had both community and hospital law and medication (IV, TPN, etc). The good thing is that the test was very straightforward and wasn't tricky. You just either know it or you don't.

Good luck! :)

It is true what everyone is saying, it is really random as far as what drug classes and disease states it covers. It was all over the place for me. I feel like I'm not offering any new information by saying this but definitely know brand/generic, indication, dosage, side effect and monitoring. I guess that's obvious since we are going to be pharmacists but I got questions on each of those things as well as some law and calculations.

I heard before that you will either get a "retail" test or "hospital" test, well mine had both community and hospital law and medication (IV, TPN, etc). The good thing is that the test was very straightforward and wasn't tricky. You just either know it or you don't.

Good luck! :)

Thanks,

Not to burst anyones bubble but I did just backtracking...and last year they seemed to have gotten their results around August 6 for those who took it in July. I took mine July 11 and the waiting is just pure agony....

I will let everyone know if i get my results soon. I know the waiting game sucks! Somebody please call the BOP Lol

I had my friend call BOP and he took his exam on July 15th. The BOP said nothing yet! :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

How everyone feel after CPJE? i guess more then 20 to 25 ques and feel like 8 to 9 wrong ....

any feedback....

Thanks for response
How was your experience after exam? i already have 10 to 12 wrong answer...

Don't forget that 15 questions are thrown out. I am already too stressed and don't want to think about the ones I know I got wrong. Lets just pray that the ones we got wrong were the ones that don't count...

Hi all

I took CPJE today. I feel awful. Is it normal. I think I got 25-30 questions wrong or not sure.
Can anybody share his experience.

Hi all

I took CPJE today. I feel awful. Is it normal. I think I got 25-30 questions wrong or not sure.
Can anybody share his experience.

I have same experience. i feel like, i have 10 to 12 absolute wrong answer.

Took my CPJE 7/25. Anxious to find out the results. Overall, the exam wasn't bad. It's definitely more detail oriented than the Naplex but I liked the format of the questions way better. There were about 15 questions that I wasn't sure about. Other than that, it wasn't too shabby. Tips for studying:
Auxiliary labels
Monitoring
Brand/Generic for all drugs
Indications
Dosages (for top 200)
Major side effects
Therapeutic Indications (easiest)
About 5 calculations but they were very simple
Maybe 7-10 law questions

My resources:
RxPrep (know all the non-bolded drugs as well as the bolded ones, auxiliary labels in the appendix page, monitoring and side effects that are underlined in the book)
Weissman law book (read only once and practiced the 170 questions quiz on the back)

My version had half community and half hospital drugs. Make sure you maximize your points by learning ALL of the brand/generics (not just the top 200 sellers). Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi,

I went to school outside of California do you think the RxPrep Book and Weissman will be enough? Do you recommend getting the ebay charts?

Thanks!

Hi,

I went to school outside of California do you think the RxPrep Book and Weissman will be enough? Do you recommend getting the ebay charts?

Thanks!

Hello! I also went to school outside of California. I think those 2 resources should be enough. I heard mixed reviews about PharmCharts. Some say it's helpful, while others say it didn't help them much. My advice is to pick one resource and stick to it. I tend to do better with repetition with the same resources. Anything new will just confuse the crap out of me or waste more of my time trying to adjust to the different resources. In addition to the tips that I've mentioned above, reading the counseling points for each chapter will also help with the exam. Best of luck!

Anyone check PSI website? its says, PORTION RESULT : CPJE PRE (8/1/2014)...
What does that mean???

Anyone check PSI website? its says, PORTION RESULT : CPJE PRE (8/1/2014)...
What does that mean???

It just means we took it before the next QA. QA starts today 8/1. So the people who take it from now on will have to wait a couple months for their results. Since we took it before 8/1 we won't have to wait like them.

Thanks for response
How was your experience after exam? i already have 10 to 12 wrong answer...

I feel like I failed. I am hoping and praying that I pass. I hope we get the results next week. This is ridiculous! We all just want to know if we passed or not. I really hope we all pass. We have so MANY loans to pay off. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:scared::scared::scared::scared:

Please Mister Postman, look and see
If there's a letter in your bag for me
(Please, Please Mister Postman)
Why's it takin' such a long time
For me to hear from BOP

There must be some word today
From my BOP so far away
Pleas Mister Postman, look and see
If there's a letter, a letter for me

I've been standin' here waitin' Mister Postman

So patiently
For just a card, or just a letter

(Mister Postman)
Mister Postman, look and see
(Oh yeah)
(Oh yeah)
For me to hear from that BOP of mine:whistle:+pity+:zip:

Reactions: 2 users
I feel like I failed. I am hoping and praying that I pass. I hope we get the results next week. This is ridiculous! We all just want to know if we passed or not. I really hope we all pass. We have so MANY loans to pay off. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:scared::scared::scared::scared:

Hang in there my friend! Perhaps next week will be the week we get our results. I pray we all get good results.

Please Mister Postman, look and see
For me to hear from BOP

There must be some word today
From my BOP so far away
Pleas Mister Postman, look and see
If there's a letter, a letter for me

I've been standin' here waitin' Mister Postman

So patiently
For just a card, or just a letter

(Mister Postman)
Mister Postman, look and see
(Oh yeah)
(Oh yeah)
For me to hear from that BOP of mine:whistle:+pity+:zip:

LOVE IT!! :claps:

I'm going crazy too. And knowing me I will probably still stalk this forum on Sunday even though I know that nobody is receiving mail that day o_O

Reactions: 1 users
Hi,

Thanks!

Also, another tip is to read the Medication Safety chapter and know it well. I felt like there were a lot of questions that came from there.

Hello, everyone,,, if you have received a deficiency letter before u were allowed to take CPJE, could you tell me how long did it take to get ATT and CPJE letter after you submitted all documents, please?

Hello, everyone,,, if you have received a deficiency letter before u were allowed to take CPJE, could you tell me how long did it take to get ATT and CPJE letter after you submitted all documents, please?
I would say like about a month but that was my experience when I first applied. It sounds like people are getting delayed more than last year.

I am pretty sure that we might not get our results next week either! Lets say that BOP mails them out like next thursday or fri..We might not get the results til August 11 or so. So don't stalk your mailman just yet lol

Hi! If you get everything corrected (like a missing document) sent right away, it can take as early as 1 week. Same thing happened to my friend but he got things squared out ASAP and got his ATT yesterday. I would contact the BOP to see if they've received whatever that was missing. If it was your fingerprints that's delaying the process, it can take up to 1 month. Good luck!

Hi! If you get everything corrected (like a missing document) sent right away, it can take as early as 1 week. Same thing happened to my friend but he got things squared out ASAP and got his ATT yesterday. I would contact the BOP to see if they've received whatever that was missing. If it was your fingerprints that's delaying the process, it can take up to 1 month. Good luck!

Thank you so much for the reply. I've waited since May 5th till now.. I've got my deficiency letter on July 22nd and I've sent the missing documents in a day that I received the letter. I know I have to be patient since it only has been five days, but I was very afraid that I need to wait an anther month.....

I gave myself as long as possible to study for the CPJE before the QA and took my exam on July 4th. I felt that it was much more straightforward than the Naplex with only 4 answer choices, very few questions that had you select multiple answers (format: A. I, II B. I, II, III, etc), and very few cases. You either knew it or you didn't. The cases weren't detailed and didn't have random important lab values buried in them. I left the exam with one hour to spare! I was in my zone from Naplex a few days earlier and I thought I would run out of time. Some brand-generic questions probably weren't even in top 300 but I felt that you could make an educated guess with the process of elimination since the answer choices were common brand/generics. Math questions were easy involving flow rates and unit conversions. My colleague called BoP and the QA didn't start until August 1st so those of us that took it in July should be in the clear! Holding my breathe for good news in the coming weeks.

Took my CPJE again on July 2nd and posted before in other forum, still NOTHING. It's now been over a month since I've taken it. Is anyone else finding themselves in this position or just me?? because if it's just me they may be retaliating against me for a previous complaint regarding taking 2 and 1/2 months to reply to my retake application

What these screwball idiots don't get is that they're wasting peoples' lives by having them wait so long. If they wait until mid August to send my results and I've not passed again, even if I submit the retake material the same day, or next day, since they take 2 and a half months to get back, that's 4 months of waiting to retake, NOT 3 months, which in itself would be bad enough.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: