CPJE April 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmdevs123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who took CPJE April 2014?? Have you gotten your results yet?? I know and just confirmed with Ca BOP that QA is still ongoing... I wonder how long that would take... This is torture!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
When will be get our results?? I know I shouldn't complain, people here waited for over 2 months. This is ridiculous! Come on Ca-BOP!!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you took it recently, you'll get results in about 2 weeks

Thanks It23... so hoping I pass... if you guys are stalking your mailman, I am doing it also... I want to move on and get a job and get paid, waaaahhh.... I just hoped no QA for the ones to took the exam in July.:whistle:

Wow, this message board really took off! Well, congrats on everyone who got their licenses and passed! For those who haven't passed or are studying for the exam, good luck and you will get there. Just hang in there!

Also, speaking of licenses, did anyone who just got a white letter with a passed score without the green pharmacist application get their final letters yet?

Hi all. Congrats to those who passed! I was hoping that someone would like to give any 2014 review materials they don't mind parting with. This would be my 3rd attempt and my reviewers are starting to feel dated (2011) and my current financial situation hinders me from buying new stuff. Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated.

anyone licensed yet? BOP hasn't cashed my $195 check yet...
They have not cashed my check yet either. When did you mail your check to them?
I got my results on 7/14/14 and I mailed my check out on 7/16/14

Last edited:
i got my results on 7/14/14 as well and mailed my check on 7/15/14. i did tracking, the mail was delivered by the end of that week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, this message board really took off! Well, congrats on everyone who got their licenses and passed! For those who haven't passed or are studying for the exam, good luck and you will get there. Just hang in there!

Also, speaking of licenses, did anyone who just got a white letter with a passed score without the green pharmacist application get their final letters yet?

I also only got a white paper with passed score. I took my Naplex in another state (WA) and had it score transferred. Still waiting for the green paper with the application...

Hi all. Congrats to those who passed! I was hoping that someone would like to give any 2014 review materials they don't mind parting with. This would be my 3rd attempt and my reviewers are starting to feel dated (2011) and my current financial situation hinders me from buying new stuff. Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Nlua don't loose heart, I already gave my material to someone for free, but I would say no matter how hard your financial situation is buy rxprep 2014 and their question bank at least, all will payoff when you get your license, work hard this time

I didn't know it was day or night outside when I was studying so why can't you, you already did the same degree which I did, so if all of us can pass why can't you,
I hope someone here will be generous enough to give you the material if possible
Otherwise wish you a good luck.

Nlua don't loose heart, I already gave my material to someone for free, but I would say no matter how hard your financial situation is buy rxprep 2014 and their question bank at least, all will payoff when you get your license, work hard this time

I didn't know it was day or night outside when I was studying so why can't you, you already did the same degree which I did, so if all of us can pass why can't you,
I hope someone here will be generous enough to give you the material if possible,

RoadwayzDi Lari,
when you were referring to RxPrep and the quiz bank, was that in reference to the Naplex portion that you used to prep for CPJE? or are you referring to the CPJE portion of RxPrep? I only purchased the Naplex portions, and wondering if I need that CPJE one too. Thanks!

I have not received my pharmacist application as of yet after receiving my passing scores 3 weeks ago. I moved to CA on military orders, which requires them to expedite my app, but I guess they don't care, because I'm still waiting.

I have RxPrep 2013 if you're interested. I don't know how different the book is for 2014, but I no longer have a need for it. Just let me know.

i got my results on 7/14/14 as well and mailed my check on 7/15/14. i did tracking, the mail was delivered by the end of that week.

i sent mine out the 17th...probably went out on the mail the 18th from NYC... they have not cashed my check either. Maybe they do check cashing and licenses in groups, that's how they do it in my current state at least, and we missed the last one :(

RoadwayzDi Lari,
when you were referring to RxPrep and the quiz bank, was that in reference to the Naplex portion that you used to prep for CPJE? or are you referring to the CPJE portion of RxPrep? I only purchased the Naplex portions, and wondering if I need that CPJE one too. Thanks!

I am referring the NAPLEX portion
For law Weismann book is enough
But read it multiple times
Good luck!

I have RxPrep 2013 if you're interested. I don't know how different the book is for 2014, but I no longer have a need for it. Just let me know.

I would suggest the 2014 because of the new drugs added ever year and CPJE like to add questions on new drugs, unless you are willing to search that information yourself which is quite time consuming and time is not what you want to waste
Good luck nlua

I hope someone here will be generous enough to give you the material if possible

Well just wanted to say that I tried studying as much as I could while working and taking care of a newborn. But you're right, I'm sure there were others in the same situation and were able to handle it. I'll just try harder.

And considering what RoadwayzDi Lari said and the CPJE is all that I'm lacking I guess I am better off just getting the latest materials.

Well, I'm still waiting for the green paper and application. They only sent me the white paper stating my score and that I passed. The paper said to wait 2 weeks for the final paper, but it's been a couple already. :eyebrow: I have already taken my Naplex (passed) in another state (WA) and had it score transferred.

I tried calling the board, but the secretaries only hand you off to a verbose voicemail that doesn't take messages. I tried to re-call the board to talk to a person, and they insisted I email to get the best response because they have none. Well, here goes another 5+ day wait. I emailed Virginia Herold also (executive officer). Boo.... >_< :whistle:

Well just wanted to say that I tried studying as much as I could while working and taking care of a newborn. But you're right, I'm sure there were others in the same situation and were able to handle it. I'll just try harder.

And considering what RoadwayzDi Lari said and the CPJE is all that I'm lacking I guess I am better off just getting the latest materials.
i used 2011 version rx prep to study for CPJE and passed with a very good score

I did not study for it at all, not intentionally, just busy with work and had to take it while I was in CA since there is no testing site near me. I did work retail as a tech in CA for 7 years so I didn't study CA law and there were only a few law based questions anyway. I don't think I answered any of them correctly either because it wasn't your usual every day stuff. I went off my knowledge from when I took Naplex 2 years ago.... I used Rx Prep then. There were a few questions about new drugs that I did not know because I work in a hospital, inpatient. Anyway, I think if you have an older Rx Prep that should be fine and maybe look into some new drugs on the market. The clinical part of Rx prep still applies even if it's a few years old. I think if you focus on that and not waste a lot of time on the law you should be fine. I think some people study the law a lot and neglect the clinical portion, and the law portion is very small on this exam.

They still haven't cashed my check or posted my license. Has anyone else had theirs posted yet?

Well, I'm still waiting for the green paper and application. They only sent me the white paper stating my score and that I passed. The paper said to wait 2 weeks for the final paper, but it's been a couple already. :eyebrow: I have already taken my Naplex (passed) in another state (WA) and had it score transferred.

I tried calling the board, but the secretaries only hand you off to a verbose voicemail that doesn't take messages. I tried to re-call the board to talk to a person, and they insisted I email to get the best response because they have none. Well, here goes another 5+ day wait. I emailed Virginia Herold also (executive officer). Boo.... >_< :whistle:
I'm in the same boat as you, and I had to move here on military orders. I had all of my military orders in my application to have them expedite my paperwork, but I'm still waiting. Did Ms. Herold email you back, or do you have to wait 5 business days for that as well.

Yeah, I tried calling the board last Wednesday and ended up with the same result as you. Emailed them that very night and still got no response. Wondering if I will see that green letter anytime soon. :(

I'm in the same boat as you, and I had to move here on military orders. I had all of my military orders in my application to have them expedite my paperwork, but I'm still waiting. Did Ms. Herold email you back, or do you have to wait 5 business days for that as well.

Well, Ms. Herold emailed me back the same day and said she'll tell someone to get back to me, and that was that. No other response since then... Still waiting. It wasn't enough waiting almost 60 days for my result (I know it was more days of waiting for others during this QA, and I sympathize), there is still the anxiety of waiting hanging over my head. I just want my paper so I can get on with my life.

Well, Ms. Herold emailed me back the same day and said she'll tell someone to get back to me, and that was that. No other response since then... Still waiting. It wasn't enough waiting almost 60 days for my result (I know it was more days of waiting for others during this QA, and I sympathize), there is still the anxiety of waiting hanging over my head. I just want my paper so I can get on with my life.

Hey minako83, could you tell me where you got Ms. Herold's email? I have been searching on the BoP website and could not find where it is listed. I still haven't got a response from the email I sent and was thinking I may try emailing her too. Thanks!

I did not study for it at all, not intentionally, just busy with work and had to take it while I was in CA since there is no testing site near me. I did work retail as a tech in CA for 7 years so I didn't study CA law and there were only a few law based questions anyway. I don't think I answered any of them correctly either because it wasn't your usual every day stuff. I went off my knowledge from when I took Naplex 2 years ago.... I used Rx Prep then. There were a few questions about new drugs that I did not know because I work in a hospital, inpatient. Anyway, I think if you have an older Rx Prep that should be fine and maybe look into some new drugs on the market. The clinical part of Rx prep still applies even if it's a few years old. I think if you focus on that and not waste a lot of time on the law you should be fine. I think some people study the law a lot and neglect the clinical portion, and the law portion is very small on this exam.

You must be a superhero that you didn't study and still passed with your experience, I have friends who are BCPS and still advised me to study and not take this exam lightly especially when you fail 2 times.

mine just got posted this morning, check the bop website see if yours posted. !!!!
Mine posted as well!
They still haven't cashed my check, but at least I know my license number now.
Mine too! Check wasn't cashed either but license was up today :banana:
You must be a superhero that you didn't study and still passed with your experience, I have friends who are BCPS and still advised me to study and not take this exam lightly especially when you fail 2 times.
Def not a superhero lol. I wouldn't recommend taking it lightly either, it was just circumstance for me. Working crazy mandatory OT, getting in family time in CA during that week, not having a testing site near me, and probably a little of I already have a license and a job in another state just taking this to have the license on hand. I decided to go for it since rescheduling would be 4 months later.... I did feel like I could confidentially answer 70% of the questions correct though. I can't remember what any of the questions were but I did think they were fair questions for a pharmacist exam. Wasn't a walk in the park though.

Wow! It sounds like you have it rough. Well, there are other people in similar boats like you said but...anyways, if you can I would say like RoadwayzDi Lari said to get the 2014 version of the RxPrep if you did not do so already. If not, then get the 2013 version. The materials in the 2014 version and the 2013 are mostly similar with the exception of additional calculations, new drugs, new dyslipidemia guidelines, traveler's vaccine, and a few additional chapters.

The new drugs you can look it up and I would recommend it regardless of what book you got because more drugs came out since the 2014 book was published and the JNC 8 you still need to look up regardless of whether you have the 2014 version or not. Also, I don't know if this helps but I wanted additional information about herbals considering the type of questions they asked on the sample questions so I briefly read over the contents on this website: http://nccam.nih.gov/health/herbsataglance.htm in addition to what was in the rxprep.

Yeah, I may have overdone it by looking things up on the topics in addition to the book but this was my third time taking it as well and let's say the thought of failing it a third time really scared me. Just remember if other people can do it, so can you. Good luck!!

Hey minako83, could you tell me where you got Ms. Herold's email? I have been searching on the BoP website and could not find where it is listed. I still haven't got a response from the email I sent and was thinking I may try emailing her too.

Last edited:
Has anyone who received the white letter received their license application yet? When I talked to the operator, he looked me up in the system and asked if I had my license transferred. I told him I had my scores transferred since it was less than a year, then he transferred me to Lee (I think that's the older lady on the voicemail) who of course didn't pick up. I left her a message, and two day later, she actually called me back, but I missed her call by 10 minutes. She asked me to call her again, and now 4 days later, I'm still waiting for her to return my call. I was so mad I missed that call.

Has anyone who received the white letter received their license application yet? When I talked to the operator, he looked me up in the system and asked if I had my license transferred. I told him I had my scores transferred since it was less than a year, then he transferred me to Lee (I think that's the older lady on the voicemail) who of course didn't pick up. I left her a message, and two day later, she actually called me back, but I missed her call by 10 minutes. She asked me to call her again, and now 4 days later, I'm still waiting for her to return my call. I was so mad I missed that call.

Nothing on my end. Ms. Herold emailed back saying that she will look into it and then nothing. Almost three months of waiting for my results and an additional three and half weeks waiting for the application--I am sure you must be feeling it too, but this is really frustrating to put it mildly.

Last edited:
Nothing on my end. Ms. Herold emailed back saying that she will look into it and then nothing. Almost three months of waiting for my results and now additional three and half weeks waiting for the application--I am sure you must be feeling it too, but this is really frustrating to put it mildly.
I finally talked to a live person besides the operator. She told me my license transfer was missing. I told her I transferred my scores in September of last year, but she said they never received it from NABP, so I have to do a license transfer now. Once they have that, she said they will send me the application.

Hey, Lee (the older lady like you said) is on vacation this week......

Nothing on my end. Ms. Herold emailed back saying that she will look into it and then nothing. Almost three months of waiting for my results and now additional three and half weeks waiting for the application--I am sure you must be feeling it too, but this is really frustrating to put it mildly.
Seems like herold is useless too

I finally talked to a live person besides the operator. She told me my license transfer was missing. I told her I transferred my scores in September of last year, but she said they never received it from NABP, so I have to do a license transfer now. Once they have that, she said they will send me the application.

Huh? I am wondering if that is the problem for me. I transferred my score last year as well.

Seems like herold is useless too
I wouldn't call anyone "useless." At least, she responded back. It is pretty tough to get a hold of anyone in the office. I am just hoping to hear some news soon.

Thanks for the update on Ms. Lee. I think that was her voice on the voice mail when I tried again today.

Nothing on my end. Ms. Herold emailed back saying that she will look into it and then nothing. Almost three months of waiting for my results and an additional three and half weeks waiting for the application--I am sure you must be feeling it too, but this is really frustrating to put it mildly.

I finally got my green letter and mailed it in today (8/8). Ms. Herold replied to me via phone on Monday (8/4) saying that, initially, she needed my exact date when I score transferred my naplex score. Same day, she emailed me saying it was found and that they'll mail the application on Tuesday. I have transferred my score on 4/2012, so I think if you have transferred it, it should be there.

Let's hope this is my last wait until my license. Side note: I sent a money order and overnighted it to be received Monday morning.... I'll update how long it takes to process.

I finally got my green letter and mailed it in today (8/8). Ms. Herold replied to me via phone on Monday (8/4) saying that, initially, she needed my exact date when I score transferred my naplex score. Same day, she emailed me saying it was found and that they'll mail the application on Tuesday. I have transferred my score on 4/2012, so I think if you have transferred it, it should be there.

Let's hope this is my last wait until my license. Side note: I sent a money order and overnighted it to be received Monday morning.... I'll update how long it takes to process.
Whoa, congrats

Thanks for the information, minako83. Yeah, if it is not too much trouble, please update us on how long it takes to get your license number. Glad you got your green letter. There is hope for the rest of us, only white-letter carriers. :)