Countdown to Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CMSdoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
936full-28-days-later...-poster-89.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
This board is so damn slow, but I guess it beats the ridiculous trolling of AM

Auntminnie is like freaking Jersey Shore of radiology forums. It is kind of annoying. All they care about is money money money. And then trolling constantly about how crappy radiology is. SDN is way better.

Auntminnie is like freaking Jersey Shore of radiology forums. It is kind of annoying. All they care about is money money money. And then trolling constantly about how crappy radiology is. SDN is way better.
agreed!!1
def freaking out a bit!

Members don't see this ad :)
holy sh./it are we really down to 19 days???

vendo-bola-de-mini-pool-numero-14-marca-aramith-nueva_MLV-O-37203863_4854.jpg

Last edited:
Holy crap 14 days. Unreal. Why are the forums so dead this year compared to last?

This is extremely hard on me!! I am loosing my mind!! :scared:
How dose everybody dealing with the nerves!!

I do find the fallout poster and fallout avatar combo amusing.

I am definitely freaking out about how close match day is...

We know auntminnie is full of trolls so nobody really posts there anymore in the student section. How are you guys passing the time?

Passing the time praying that I end up where I am supposed to be. Wait is killing me.
search

I've been killing myself in the gym and watching lots of movies.

I've been killing myself in the gym and watching lots of movies.

same, finished more books these past few weeks than I have during the entire course of med school.

That's what interview season was for. All the airport time and all left serious windows for books. I've also gotten excessive amounts of music to go with my new headphones and dac/amp.

As long as I get the email next Monday that I matched prelim and advanced, I'll be happy. I'm not even thinking about next Friday unless I come here to see what random threads have popped up. It's a lot closer than I realized, but all my programs are pretty much the same anyway.

Spring break finally gave me some time to do my taxes, which I completed today. :)

That's what interview season was for. All the airport time and all left serious windows for books. I've also gotten excessive amounts of music to go with my new headphones and dac/amp.

Nice! I got a pair of Ultrasones for the trail and have loved them! What did you end up getting?

As long as I get the email next Monday that I matched prelim and advanced, I'll be happy. I'm not even thinking about next Friday unless I come here to see what random threads have popped up. It's a lot closer than I realized, but all my programs are pretty much the same anyway.

Spring break finally gave me some time to do my taxes, which I completed today. :)

I keep hearing about other students doing their taxes... Do we have to do taxes if we make no money and are just students?? Hopefully I'm not missing anything here. :scared::scared: :laugh:

I keep hearing about other students doing their taxes... Do we have to do taxes if we make no money and are just students?? Hopefully I'm not missing anything here. :scared::scared: :laugh:

Most students probably don't have an income, but I do (very little). Not W2-like income, but rather 1099-INT and 1099-R.

If you get a scholarship, you need to fill out that section on your taxes (you won't owe any money btw). Same applies for tuition amount you were billed in order to use higher educational expenses to deduct.

Good luck to everyone matching this year! Such an exciting time!

File them even if you had no income. It will take you less than 5-10 min and save you hassles if you are doing IBR.

Nice! I got a pair of Ultrasones for the trail and have loved them! What did you end up getting?

I have some AKG K550s, along with Sennheiser HD280 and Klipsch S4. I wanted some nice in ears, but I'm worried I will lose them. I already lost my V-Modas on the trail and those were big. Considering getting either Sony MDR1R, Mad Dog or or the new M100s. All pretty different cans except being closed. Also want a better amp at some time. I just have the fiio e17 and e9k
Combo now, which is surprisingly good but not the same as a burson amp or whatever.

Yay geekiness.

File them even if you had no income. It will take you less than 5-10 min and save you hassles if you are doing IBR.

+1 unless maybe someone claims him as a dependent. Not sure about that as I haven't had that done to me tax-wise since I was around 22 (all I had to do was sign some documents my parents gave me). Otherwise, everyone should file their taxes even if they made nothing.

What's the best way to go about filing? Is there an online thing we can do?

I file mine online for free using TurboTax. You can pick any of the ones (including TurboTax) from the IRS website: http://www.irs.gov/uac/Free-File:-Do-Your-Federal-Taxes-for-Free

I live in FL so we don't have state income tax, but that may be something you should look at. Usually those websites charge extra for state filings while federal filing is the free one.

Thanks---just going through it now.

However, it appears that if you have no taxable income, you can't e-file. Did you have to print out your return and mail it in?

I have had income through med school so I have had to file the last 4 years. Didn't know they wouldn't let people file without that.

You can call the IRS and ask them for advice. That's what I did prior to med school regarding using my retirement in place of more loans without penalty. They might be able to help you out with that specifically in regards to IBR in the future (I won't be going that route, but only saying this as bowtie mentioned it).

Not everyone needs to file a return apparently, but for IBR in the future I'm not sure.