Could i be successful as a Psychologist in Ghana??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shatani

Real Life Doctory Type
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i would love to go home when i finish my degree, but i dont know that there is a need for me over there???

what do you all think?

Members don't see this ad.

Job opprotunities in Ghana are limited. Probably the Ministry of Health might employ you but remember that the salary will be low. Is it a PHD or a Masters, that might be very good as you can get a job as a lecturer of UoG or KNUST and still be able to do consulting work alongside. A first degree alone might not get you far in Ghana.

Man....u must be more specific. Do u mean a Msc or Phd or a first degree. With a First Degree u aren't going far. Peharps u may get employment which isn't related in anyway to your field of study.

But with a higher degree u will be better off

Members don't see this ad :)
firetown said:
Job opprotunities in Ghana are limited. Probably the Ministry of Health might employ you but remember that the salary will be low. Is it a PHD or a Masters, that might be very good as you can get a job as a lecturer of UoG or KNUST and still be able to do consulting work alongside. A first degree alone might not get you far in Ghana.
im currently in a doctoral program (psyD)

Shatani said:
im currently in a doctoral program (psyD)

Then your best bet is to lecture and do consultancy. For a PHD, I am certain that you are sure to get a position as a lecturer. There are also a lot going on with health that you can get consultancies on. Start networking now and I am sure the opportunities will come.

thank you!