Cornell Vs. NYU???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fabsage

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was offered a spot at NYU and I'm holding a wait list spot at Cornell.
Is she worth waiting for?

Members don't see this ad.

IMO, yes. Use the search function because you will find some excellent posts made by current med students which will offer great insight.

Members don't see this ad :)
What search keywords did you use? Were they all pre-med forums?

What do you have to lose by staying on? Did you even like Cornell? Yes, search through the premed forums. Show results as "threads" and select "search titles only".

drop cornell like a bad habit. the school has grades and you won't get **** for clinic experience - cornell is too posh for medical students. nyu has no grades, bellevue, and a much better/more fun location. enough said.

I really liked Cornell when I visited. The students seemed really chill and they have the amazing simulation center. They seemed happier with the PBL than students at any other school with PBL, and the triple jump thing seemed like a really reasonable way to assess student knowledge. All students at schools with honors claim it doesn't affect them, but I know a few students there who said honestly (as in outside the admissions context) that it did not influence the way they studied at all and that they didn't pay attention to it.

I guess it depends what you are looking for OP. What were your impressions when you interviewed at these schools? Anyone who tries to tell you one is unequivocally better than the other doesn't have your best interest at heart - I'm a big believer in "fit".

But if you want to know where you are going, that alone is a good reason to drop a WL - this process is long enough without them.

Status
Not open for further replies.