Complete brain lapse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Snakegal

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, I thought I had a plan... I don't know if the timing will work out, so I wanted to get your opinion.

I'm finishing up my Masters in May and was going to apply for fall '09. I have to limit myself to where my husband can live with his job so basically it will be Davis, Illinois, Melbourne, and Sydney. We have wanted to go live for awhile in AU for several years and now is our chance. I was rocking along fine when I realized that the semesters in AU do not coincide with semesters here in the states. So, I would apply to AU for March 2010 (wow that sounds like a long way off). I still wanted to apply to the schools here but they are not my first choice.

My question is this: If I apply to US schools for fall '09 and AU schools March '10, will I trap myself? I wouldn't want to turn down getting in (US) and then not get in (AU) or accept US school and then find out I got into AU school. I just don't think that we could get everything in order and be settled over there by March '09. I'm not even sure if my husband can transfer over there this soon (he's just starting the job next month).

Anyway, I was just curious. I didn't know if I needed to rearrange my plans and apply to US schools for fall '10. (It just seems like my vet school dreams keeps getting pushed back). I was also wondering if anyone has visited with the AU school reps that are here in the states. I guess I need to sit down and write out some questions to send them.

Thanks guys!
Laters...

-Snakegal

Members don't see this ad.