This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ndskit

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any input to help me make a decision between COMP-NW in Lebanon, OR and LECOM-Seton Hill in Greensburg, PA. Originally, COMP-NW was my first choice because I'm from Washington state and it would be nice to stay in the Pacific Northwest, but I was put on the waitlist. I wasn't sure how the waitlist would move so I committed to LECOM-SH which means I've already invested about $5000 in deposit, rent, and moving fare. Recently, I was taken off the waitlist and while I'm thrilled about the acceptance, the amount of money I have already put into LECOM-SH kind of holds me back (also the tuition difference).

Here are my pros and cons lists:

COMP-NW pros:
- Close to home
- I liked the living area more vs. Greensburg + weather
- Meeting the students and faculty and hearing the presentations during my interview day gave me the impression that it was a welcoming community and that I would receive a quality education there
- Clinical rotations possibly in Washington
- I've also heard that residencies have a selection bias based on region and ideally I would like to stay in the west coast (does anyone have any experience with this? I'm not sure how true it is)

COMP-NW cons:
- 55k tuition vs 33k at LECOM
- some streamed lectures from Pomona
- from Pomona

LECOM-SH pros:
- Tuition is a big one
- I've already started investing on going LECOM and moving to Greensburg
- Lower cost of living

LECOM-SH cons:
- East coast
- Weather
- Honestly, I felt Greensburg was a little depressing but I mean I'll probably be inside studying anyway
- Dress code, but also not a big deal

I'm aware that it is also a decision between PBL vs. lecture so I'll be thinking about that too. If anyone has any input at all it would be greatly appreciated - maybe also about experiences with clinical rotations with each school. Right now I think I would be happier with the environment of COMP-NW and Lebanon, OR, but I don't know if it's worth the money when it comes down to it - will the medical education be relatively the same?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Well you've probably already decided, but I really hope you chose LECOM to save the money. I went to COMP-NW and I could have gone to LECOM, big mistake.