This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good post. Mental illness is a very underappreciated statement but GUH, who I think is either an aspiring psychiatrist or already matched can elucidate further :)

But really, TAKE CARE OF YOUR MENTAL HEALTH!!!!

Agreed ! I slipped into a depression despite my normal good spirits. This was not productive for any aspect of my life. Fortunately, I had access to the help that I needed.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I mean the 2nd time I passed the humanistic domain, and that was when I tried to not write as much notes during the patient encounter, but because of that my SOAP note suffered, and did poorly on my SOAP writing domain. The first and third time I took it I took more notes during the patient encounter, and passed the biomedical/biomechanical but failed the humanistic. So I am just speculating that I need to be able to have good data gathering and remember what to write for my SOAP note without taking too much notes during the patient encounter.

You could post a sample of a practice soap note for people to critique. Maybe there's obvious errors that sdn may see.

Other areas like data gathering..are you following Kauffman format? I think his way works fine for pe.

Physical exAm..honestly my physical exam skills sucked. I was so rushed I did everything. I had zero time for it just tried to be a good actor.

Honestly I feel for you. I can't imagine taking this test 4 times. I was so paranoid/scared taking mine I knew I had mistakes

I'm kind of stressed out guys. I took the PE in Aug and failed the bm domain (results in Oct). I retook it November and am waiting back for results in January. Worried as hell because although I have gotten a fair number of invites as they don't know that I failed.... I am worried if I passed or not. The first time, I admit I was unprepared on the history taking and SOAP notes. I prepared that this time by going back to my school and working with a member of the osce dept. I think what I struggled with was one of the OMM techniques I was using. I don't believe my counterstrain position was correct. I went with the Kaufmann style of note writing this time. I spent more time on the A and P on the soap note this time. Although I think I was more crisp on the history taking and physical (CODIERSSMASHFM), I am not entirely sure I did anything too different.