COMLEX P.E. Yet another thread :(..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blah12346497

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Really told myself to not do this, but I'm getting more anxious/worried as each day passes

I took this exam a week ago and each day that goes by, I remember stuff that I didn't do or did wrong sigh..
  1. Physical exams consisted of 4 heart lung sounds, 6-8 lung sounds, and usually 1 other pertinent system. Worried that my P.E was too simple. Rarely did special tests except for abdominal complaints
  2. Forgot to reassess OMM once, but stated in soap note I'd go back and do it
  3. Patient got mad because I forgot to re-sanitize my hands after contaminating my hands during 1 physical exam portion :(..
  4. 1-2 differentials were probably off with plans that aren't correct
  5. Review of systems was really ****ty.. like I just asked fever, night sweats, chest pain, shortness of breath. I think I forgot to ask this in a couple encounters and forgot to document as well. Other than that my soap notes were completed fully.
  6. As i was helping the patient back up from the table, i accidentally hit her breast area with my pen. I barely noticed but now that I think about it its giving me nightmares. I dont think I even apologized :(
Things I always did -> introduced myself, washed hands before shaking patients hand, OLDCAAARTS SMASH FM (fed tacos modified), P.E, and always counseled patient on smoking, drug use, etc. Gave a plan for each patient at the end. Any opinion/reassurance would be greatly appreciated :( I hope I didn't break any rules.

Members don't see this ad.