Comfort of Cards III and Harvey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HLxDrummer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody worn both the Cardiology III and the Harvey Elite? My school gave us a Prestige scope but it kills me ears. Tried all the ear pieces and I just suffer the entire time I wear it (so I never use it).

I tried a friend's cardiology III and it was WAY more comfortable. However, I like the traditional bell of the Harvey more. Are they comparable in comfort?

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't know that, thanks for the information. I may just go with that then since I know it is comfy.

Also sounds like a good compromise between the tunable diaphragm and the traditional setup :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, you just pop off the diaphragm of the peds side and replace it with a rubber piece that comes in the box... Voila! Traditional bell! I don't have much experience with it yet, but I find it to be comfortable and easy to use. Upper years and docs have also highly recommended the Cards III.

I've got a cardio III. It's a nice stethoscope, don't get me wrong. But I sometimes think I'd have been better off buying the much cheaper cardio II. I highly doubt I have the skill necessary to differentiate between the two at this stage anyway.