Got a bunch of new cards after updating Anking

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheRealBatmanMD

NeuroGod
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2022-12-27 at 1.55.32 PM.png

Really perplexed why I got 214 new cards after I updated from V10 to V12 with Anki hub. I believe I previously did some of these but some look unfamiliar. Anyone encounter anything similar?

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe you forgot to sync before you updated? Should I be updating my deck? I think I have v9

Maybe you forgot to sync before you updated? Should I be updating my deck? I think I have v9
I think I figured out a part of the reason. There seems to have been new cloze deletions for cards that I previously worked on. So a card that had one cloze now has 2.

Also, the V12 version is a massive overhaul. Things have changed significantly since V9. Frustrating because I have to relearn modified content and guidelines, but that's basically the reality of medicine.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I got this too and you're right, added clozes. They have consolidated and retired some cards and a team has been tagging and creating a STEP 3 deck so that adds some cards!

Yeah, I got this too and you're right, added clozes. They have consolidated and retired some cards and a team has been tagging and creating a STEP 3 deck so that adds some cards!
Yeah, it's a pretty impressive update overall. As someone who plans to continue using Anking post-med school (so I don't end up as the surgeon who's forgotten all his IM), it's nice to know that I won't have to worry about my cards becoming obsolete. Not sure why people are complaining of the 5 dollar subscription service.

Reactions: 1 user