Columbia MPH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
same here..still waiting =/

Members don't see this ad.

Me neither. Hopefully sometime this week we will hear from them.

I suppose that it still has only been two and a half weeks since their original deadline.

Members don't see this ad :)
So no one's heard from Columbia this week?
I wonder if they're only planning to send out decisions once a week on Fridays.....

I called Columbia yesterday, I was told that if I don't get anything in the mail by Monday then I should call back and check.

By mail do you mean snail mail or e-mail?

I called Columbia yesterday, I was told that if I don't get anything in the mail by Monday then I should call back and check.

Not email, they'll mail the decision to your address

If its any consilation, I received my admission email about a week ago, but won't know if I can go for about another month (apparently they inform people of any potential aid sometime in mid March).

For those that received an email notice about their admission, where on the application site does it have that information?

Also, do different concentrations have different methods for communicating their admission decisions to applicants?

For those that received an email notice about their admission, where on the application site does it have that information?

Also, do different concentrations have different methods for communicating their admission decisions to applicants?

the email gives you the link to your application page (the page where you typed up your application information and then submitted)

your application page will have the application link, below that recommendation from ___ status, then below that a link that says "view your decision" ... when you click on that link, another popup appears with the decision letter.

i think it's the same for everyone, because it seems like everyone who has received an email had applied to different departments.

Yep. Got that email today. It was entitled, "Your COL-SPH decision is ready to be viewed online."

It looks like from my acceptance letter that they are planning on emailing all of the further info, rather than sending a package.

I received my acceptance by email on Feb. 14. The message said "Your COL-SPH decision is ready to be viewed online" and it took me to the ApplyYourself website, where the decision was available to see as a link under my rec letter status.

Good luck everyone. I'm anxious to see whether they give financial aid...

Yeah, the fact that we havent heard about financial aid makes me worried. That is just as important as perhaps getting in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone hear from the Sociomedical Department - Health Promotion at Columbia??? I haven't received any email about my decision.

I heard from the Sociomedical Department last week, but the History and Ethics Track.

Has anyone who applied to epi in mid to late January heard back yet?

I think I read in another topic that someone received their decision email from Columbia this morning. Anyone else?

Any other doctoral applicants hear back from SMS, or any other department?

Heard this morning...admitted to the Reproductive and Adolescent Health track in the Department of Population and Family Health...super excited!!!

oh- sorry snoofle... did you hear thru email?
i still haven't heard anything

Is there anybody who got accepted for the health management track at Columbia? My friend is dying to find out. Thanks.

yep..i got the email that a decision was made and the rejection letter was posted. its okay though, im excited about emory!

Is there anybody who got accepted for the health management track at Columbia? My friend is dying to find out. Thanks.

yep. i did on feb 15th.

hey the financial aid tracking updated for me to include the FAFSA, but said the had not received my fin aid application yet (which is odd since I filled it out online when I applied to the school). anyone else?

Same here with the FAFSA and separate financial aid app. I submitted it online with the rest of my application months ago. I left the parent income part blank, but was told that didn't matter. Not sure what Columbia's deal is, but they aren't so good with the technology.

Mine says that my CU Financial Aid Application and FAFSA were both received and complete. I would guess that they will have yours up in a bit.

I didn't include parent's info also. I am needing all of the aid that I can get.

still no email from columbia... :(
is this a bad sign?

so posted this on another thread, but figured it was also applicable here:

My acceptance to Columbia was conditional, meaning that they would like to me to complete a year of full time work experience prior to matriculation. This totally makes sense as I just graduated University in December and so have not had much full time experience to speak of. So...in order to attend I have to complete one year of work relevant to the track for which i am applying (reproductive and adolescent health). Should I hold off on other school to which I have been accepted (BU, OSU, and Emory, still waiting on Harvard, Berkeley, USC and Tulane) or go somewhere else? Bear in mind, I am still waiting on admissions decisions and have not received any information thus far on financial aid or scholarships.....

Help!!!:eek:

heard back from columbia's MPH population & family health department: reproductive, adolescent, & child health track on wednesday, feb 20 through email. was offered "conditional acceptance" for fall 2009, upon the condition that i get one more year of full-time experience b/c i only have one and they require 2.

i also got into berkeley's MPH maternal and child health program, heard on february 19th through phone call.

good luck to everyone!

so posted this on another thread, but figured it was also applicable here:

My acceptance to Columbia was conditional, meaning that they would like to me to complete a year of full time work experience prior to matriculation. This totally makes sense as I just graduated University in December and so have not had much full time experience to speak of. So...in order to attend I have to complete one year of work relevant to the track for which i am applying (reproductive and adolescent health). Should I hold off on other school to which I have been accepted (BU, OSU, and Emory, still waiting on Harvard, Berkeley, USC and Tulane) or go somewhere else? Bear in mind, I am still waiting on admissions decisions and have not received any information thus far on financial aid or scholarships.....

Help!!!:eek:
same situation and program as you! not sure what i'm gonna do either. i might just go to berkeley b/c it's a sure thing. but columbia is such a great school, so i'm not sure yet. i have a colleague who also received conditional acceptance last february, and is currently doing her 2nd year of experience. she will be enrolling in fall 2009, so the process went smoothly for her. so it's a sure spot for fall 2009 if you're willing to work another year. maybe i'll see you there!

I also applied to MCH at Berkeley but haven't heard anything yet. As a CA resident, and someone who already lives an hour from Berkeley, that might end up being my first choice due to in-state tuition and proximity to family etc....I have yet to hear from them though, so keep your fingers crossed. As far as Columia is concerned, it would be great to got there and I certainly don't mind working for a year, but am not sure if I should accept the offer at other schools in lieu of waiting.

Anyone get news from Columbia lately?

not yet (sociomedical sciences - health promotion).

anyone notice an update on their fin aid documents tracking. my online app still isnt processed.

anyone notice an update on their fin aid documents tracking. my online app still isnt processed.

says fafsa has been received by columbia's form hasn't been processed...

does it specifically say not processed? mine says not received

does it specifically say not processed? mine says not received

there are different fields. the one for FAFSA says "received and complete" ... the cu financial aid application says "not received"

STILL have not heard back yet.. ughhh

Hey publichealthfan,

Which program did you apply to? My friend is still waiting anxiously and she applied to health management. I am thinking each department has different dates for sending out their decisions.

ComRiff- my first choice was Global health in the SMS dept and second was health promotion in the Pop/Fam Health dept.
The waiting sucks!

i got in health management on feb. 15th, so i dont think its as simple as that.

publichealthfan
when did you apply? when was your application complete? i am also still waiting. i applied first choice global health in Epi and second choice epi.
not sure if the delay is because we asked for global health. anybody else got into global health?

Still waiting to hear back from DrPH in SMS.....

MPH- my app was complete with them on Jan 17th...
maybe it does have somethign to do with global health. hmm

publichealthfan
when did you apply? when was your application complete? i am also still waiting. i applied first choice global health in Epi and second choice epi.
not sure if the delay is because we asked for global health. anybody else got into global health?

I just checked my application from Columbia and i got accepted to their Epidemiology department!!!!!:D
still haven't received an email from them though so publichealthfan you might want to check directly at the website.

congratulations!!!!!
i just checked and still nothing listed on mine... when was yours complete, MPH??

I just checked my application from Columbia and i got accepted to their Epidemiology department!!!!!:D
still haven't received an email from them though so publichealthfan you might want to check directly at the website.

i sent my application to them on jan 15th. and i sent my recommendations and transcripts in mid december. they put all the stuff together on jan 23, 24 and 29th.
i think you should know very soon! good luck!!!