College of Notre Dame of Maryland pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
it takes about 2-3 weeks to hear nething... yall jus have to be patient

Members don't see this ad.

Yea, I'm really not expecting to hear back until the week after next, especially since spring break is this week, I'd be surprised if I heard before then

Does anyone know the last interview date possible for ND??? I still haven't heard anything yet

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the last interview date possible for ND??? I still haven't heard anything yet

I recall one of the P1 students saying that last year she was in one of the last interview groups.... and that was late march. so my guess is that late march to early april is when the last interviews should be.

I recently got an interview for ND and the last date that was listed was April 23rd. There were other dates (April 9, and April 16) listed as well but I am not sure if the dates they listed for me were the last dates for interviews! Good Luck!! :)

I received my invitation today and I had the option to pick April 26th or 30th. You should call them and ask about your application status.

I live an hour away from this school and am hoping to God my interview will go well.:xf:

I also had an interview invitation extended today as well!:D

Last edited:
I loved the campus and the faculty when I interviewed there and it seemed like a very close-knit school. The city itself, not so much, but then again that was just my first impression of Baltimore (and I only spent one night there). For all I know it may be a wonderful city. I had been warming to the idea of attending the College of Notre Dame until I recently got accepted to one of my top schools. After a lot of thought, I have decided that I will be declining my seat to the College of Notre Dame. I wish you guys who are still in the application process the very best. It seemed like a very good school with which I would have had no problems attending.

I received my invitation today and I had the option to pick April 26th or 30th. You should call them and ask about your application status.

I live an hour away from this school and am hoping to God my interview will go well.:xf:

I also got an interview invite for April 26 or 30 but I'm gonna pick 30th. I submitted my supplemental Feb 5. I live about 30mins away so there shouldn't be too much stress.

I interviewed on 3/26, and received an acceptance letter on 4/2 (sent on 3/31). They were quick to respond! I thought the interview went very well. I was more nervous driving to the campus than during the actual interview!
Everything on the interview feedback was helpful. Good luck to everyone else waiting for a response, or going to an upcoming interview.

I interviewed 3/12 and found out today that I got waitlisted.:rolleyes: I've already been accepted to Shenandoah but ND is my first choice just because I could commute. Does anyone know how the waitlisting process works???

from what I understood, they will keep your folder on file to review at another time... Dont lose hope though because Mr Shattuck had mentioned it is still a positive decision..

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm gonna be attending this school. any one know of any good places to live around there?

I called the student services for the school and the guy suggested Twin Ridge apartments, Charles Park, and the Marylander.

He said Towson is a safe and nice neighborhood to live in. When I interviewed, I met a few students who live in the Belvedere Towers.

I'm actually looking for a female roommate, if any one is interested! OR I also saw a 3 bedroom townhomes for rent on Craigslist. HOLLA if you're interested ;)

Also, do you guys know what else we are supposed to do after we send in our deposit?

Last edited:
I also just sent in my deposit.

Has anyone on here lived on campus? I'm not from around there so I was thinking of applying to live on campus for the first year so I can become more familiar with the area.

Jdario86, just out of curiosity, i thought notre dame was an all girls pharmacy school? can you let me know more info about that school because I'm interested in going there for fall 2011. you said there are public transits around there? do you know what GPA and pcat are they looking for? thanks in advance

Me too. I'm really drawn to the school because they have an emphasis on public health issues and the dean, Dr. Lin seems to have a keen sense on socio-politcal aspects regarding healthcare. They recently held a discussion addressing rising healthcare costs in relation to pharmacy. It would be nice if they hold another discussion and open it to the public because I would be interested in attending. They also appointed Dr. O'Brien, who has a strong background in public health from Johns Hopkins, as the new assistant prof. for their administrative sciences.

I really really like the faculty for this school. They are such forward thinkers.

And another tip for prospective interviewees:
Try to look up the professors who will be interviewing you ahead of time. I was lucky to get interviewed by Dr. Culhane and Dr. Lee. Dr. Culhane is originally from NJ and my interview started out with small talk about jersey because we're both from neighboring towns from each other. And dr. Lee was really impressed with me because i talked about how I conducted breast cancer awareness month/fundraising at my school and he did research in breast cancer.

Also, the correct pronunciation of the school is 'Noter Dom' and not 'Noter Dame.' They clarified that at the begining of the interview but it's good for all of you to know ahead of time. heh heh

Jdario86, just out of curiosity, i thought notre dame was an all girls pharmacy school? can you let me know more info about that school because I'm interested in going there for fall 2011. you said there are public transits around there? do you know what GPA and pcat are they looking for? thanks in advance

pharm school is open to all genders, 60/40 F/M is what i was told, but undergrad is girls only, you can get on campus housing only if you are a girl

being a relatively new school their GPA/PCAT req isnt that high, you can check the GPA average on pharmcas school pages, theres 70 seats and they accept about 2x that, its a private school and costs 30k a year, so alot of people may not end up going there if they got into somewhere cheaper, or more established (im ganna be withdrawing as soon), but the school seemed good while i was there

idk about public transit but theres probably bus around, i lived near the area for 3 years and saw a bunch lol, tho i have no idea where they go

gpa and pcat stats are not showing on pharmcas. do you happen to know the stats by any chance?:confused:

pharm school is open to all genders, 60/40 F/M is what i was told, but undergrad is girls only, you can get on campus housing only if you are a girl

being a relatively new school their GPA/PCAT req isnt that high, you can check the GPA average on pharmcas school pages, theres 70 seats and they accept about 2x that, its a private school and costs 30k a year, so alot of people may not end up going there if they got into somewhere cheaper, or more established (im ganna be withdrawing as soon), but the school seemed good while i was there

idk about public transit but theres probably bus around, i lived near the area for 3 years and saw a bunch lol, tho i have no idea where they go

S.o.P is a co-ed school, but the college itself is an all girls college....so if u r a dude u can attend S.O.P but can't stay in their dorms;);) Also there is very less public transit:(:( definitely need ur own vehicle as u will need it to go to rotation sites etc.......:boom: Good Luck:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::)

I'm a girl from north new jersey. thank you for the good luck wishes. i need it. i just replied to other thread as well. can you look at my situation and give me some advice about my situation? are you currently a student at notre dame? :confused:

S.o.P is a co-ed school, but the college itself is an all girls college....so if u r a dude u can attend S.O.P but can't stay in their dorms;);) Also there is very less public transit:(:( definitely need ur own vehicle as u will need it to go to rotation sites etc.......:boom: Good Luck:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::)

I'm a girl from north new jersey. thank you for the good luck wishes. i need it. i just replied to other thread as well. can you look at my situation and give me some advice about my situation? are you currently a student at notre dame? :confused:

No I am a local......and one of my friends got accepted there but she dropped her seat as she got accepted at U of M too......so she accepted U of M as it is far more recognized and tuition is way less than Notre dame:):)
Answer to ur another question about PCAT would be anything above 50 percentile is good. GPA around 3.2 or above and if u have already completed all of ur prereqs u are way above other candidates. Also they emphasize on Pharmacy experience or voluntary work. Again Good Luck:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

thank you so much , i'm also interested the 3 year accelerated programs. any recommendations? i think it's worth it finishing in 3 years. i'm in the honors program at my local community college because of my family's current financial situation. do you think being in the honors program at my school would give my application a boost. i worked in walgreens as a pharm tech for 3 years. what do you think? i'm taking pcat in august

No I am a local......and one of my friends got accepted there but she dropped her seat as she got accepted at U of M too......so she accepted U of M as it is far more recognized and tuition is way less than Notre dame:):)
Answer to ur another question about PCAT would be anything above 50 percentile is good. GPA around 3.2 or above and if u have already completed all of ur prereqs u are way above other candidates. Also they emphasize on Pharmacy experience or voluntary work. Again Good Luck:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Anybody have info on cost of attandace? Or financial aid info from the school? All I could find is a figure for 2009-2010 of 29K. Is there any updates on that?

Anybody have info on cost of attandace? Or financial aid info from the school? All I could find is a figure for 2009-2010 of 29K. Is there any updates on that?

The total cost of attendance is around 50K and out of that about 31500 is tuition:eek::eek: Dammm expensive school:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

thank you so much , i'm also interested the 3 year accelerated programs. any recommendations? i think it's worth it finishing in 3 years. i'm in the honors program at my local community college because of my family's current financial situation. do you think being in the honors program at my school would give my application a boost. i worked in walgreens as a pharm tech for 3 years. what do you think? i'm taking pcat in august

Definately just maintain a decent GPA and score well in ur PCAT and u r innn:) There are lot of three year schools.....Like UMES, LECOM, USN, Applachian College of Pharmacy etc.... Some of them are not bad as curricullum is just spread over summers so basically u are studying all year long but saving a precious year of ur life;):thumbup:. I believe if u are planning to take PCAT this August.....I would recommend u to definately apply at Applacian College of Pharmacy,UMES and LECOM (all 3 years) and aply early due to rolling admissions. Again GoodLuck:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

thank you so much for your help. i replied to you in a private message. :)

Definately just maintain a decent GPA and score well in ur PCAT and u r innn:) There are lot of three year schools.....Like UMES, LECOM, USN, Applachian College of Pharmacy etc.... Some of them are not bad as curricullum is just spread over summers so basically u are studying all year long but saving a precious year of ur life;):thumbup:. I believe if u are planning to take PCAT this August.....I would recommend u to definately apply at Applacian College of Pharmacy,UMES and LECOM (all 3 years) and aply early due to rolling admissions. Again GoodLuck:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Did anyone else receive an email about still being interested in this school? I was (like years ago ) but they took so long to show interest, I guess thats what happens when your not as competitive as others.

And I dont know about being almost 200k in the hole just to carry the prestige of getting a piece of paper with Notre Dame on it. Anybody attending ND looking to go into corporate once their done? I want another person's perspective on this.

Does it really take 2-3 weeks for them to reply? I heard some people got a response within a couple of days. For the people who got responses, how long does it really take?

Does it really take 2-3 weeks for them to reply? I heard some people got a response within a couple of days. For the people who got responses, how long does it really take?

It took 2 weeks for me to get my acceptance letter. At the interview they told me it would take 3-4 weeks.

Did anyone else receive an email about still being interested in this school? I was (like years ago ) but they took so long to show interest, I guess thats what happens when your not as competitive as others.

And I dont know about being almost 200k in the hole just to carry the prestige of getting a piece of paper with Notre Dame on it. Anybody attending ND looking to go into corporate once their done? I want another person's perspective on this.

Yeah......I am not interested in putting 200K into the drain either ( for a candidate school) not happening...........only if I don't have any other options. :D:D:D

200 k + .....Wow that's like paying back the full loan in next 10 years and and virtually working for nothing...............:D:D:D

I got my acceptance a little over 2 weeks after the interview, but I interviewed the week before their spring break. Good luck!:)

HI... I was accepted in Dec and has been looking around for a place to live. I have a friend who is just about to finish her first year at ND and recommended this place for me. www.rodgerforgebaltimore.com I'm currently looking for a roommate, it cheaper that way, but I am open to anything else. Check the place out and let me know if you or anyone else reading this post is slightly interested. Thanks.... Kat

i was accepted and declined good luck to whom ever gets the seat!

I received the letter today. Saying that they were "unable to give me a seat." So, I guess I pretty much got rejected with no wait list option.

It's pretty much the end for the road for me this year. Better just work on getting my degree. I guess that's what I was really lacking, so good for tenacity...Applied to 15 schools only 2 interviews, did pretty well, I guess. Funny, only 4 schools haven't responded yet. Anyway, congratulations to those who got in, although it kind of pains me to say that.

I received the letter today. Saying that they were "unable to give me a seat." So, I guess I pretty much got rejected with no wait list option.

It's pretty much the end for the road for me this year. Better just work on getting my degree. I guess that's what I was really lacking, so good for tenacity...Applied to 15 schools only 2 interviews, did pretty well, I guess. Funny, only 4 schools haven't responded yet. Anyway, congratulations to those who got in, although it kind of pains me to say that.

Keep working on it. If you have the passion you'll get in somewhere next year. you should contact the schools who interviewed you and ask for feedback on that portion of the process, so you can improve next time around!
Good luck

Try again next year...Looks like Notre Dame is increasing their class size in Fall 2011 from 70 to 300. :eek:

wow, that’s ambitious...maybe they should get accredited first

I lied. The article is very misleading, "enrollment jump form 70 to 300" but apparently that included p1-p4.

I know you didn't mean it and people make mistakes, but that was kind of a sick thing that you did. Honestly, I did not want to hear that. Thanks for the ray of hope though.:) I will be competitive next year. I will beef up my application with intense fire power and will shoot most pharmacy schools and applicants down, metaphorically.

Plan B is in progress...:smuggrin:

hey im applying this year to ND but just wondering since you've been accepted...if you can tell me what your GPA and PCAT score was. And how the interview process was.
THanks!

I think I may have had my interview that day, maybe not, but I got a letter on Thursday saying I was waitlisted. Just my opinion, but if you haven't heard yet it is probably good news considering they have more info to put together to send you, that is assuming that they don't call you in person to notify you of acceptance, and I can't imagine a rejection letter coming later than a waitlisted letter.

Hey there, I saw that you were waitlisted at Notre Dame, and I was wondering if you ever got put off the waitlist, and if so, how long did it take for you to hear back from them regarding a final decision. I just got an email notifying me that I was put on the alternate list and was wondering what my chances are. Thank you!

I interviewed 3/12 and found out today that I got waitlisted.:rolleyes: I've already been accepted to Shenandoah but ND is my first choice just because I could commute. Does anyone know how the waitlisting process works???

Hey! I saw that you were waitlisted at Notre Dame, and I was wondering if you ever got put off the waitlist, and if so, how long did it take for you to hear back from them regarding a final decision. I just got an email notifying me that I was put on the alternate list and was wondering what my chances are. Thank you!

Well just got the response i dreaded. I have been waitlisted....Don't know what to look forward to but hey wateva happens is destiny.....

Hey! I saw that you were waitlisted at Notre Dame, and I was wondering if you ever got put off the waitlist, and if so, how long did it take for you to hear back from them regarding a final decision. I just got an email notifying me that I was put on the alternate list and was wondering what my chances are. Thank you!