College of Notre Dame of Maryland pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey~ those of you who had the interview today how did it go? :D

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed 11/2/09 along with 5 others. We were the first wave of interviewees. Professors were VERY friendly. Awesome Catholic Ivy League college atmosphere. Interview was similar to a conversation where they wanted to know more about you, the applicant. Standard interview questions and nothing difficult about them. Everyone involved at the school was extremely caring about the students and always open for questions. If you have an interview at CND, make sure to come with lots of questions. Results within 2-3 weeks. I can't wait!:xf:

I interviewed 11/2/09 along with 5 others. We were the first wave of interviewees. Professors were VERY friendly. Awesome Catholic Ivy League college atmosphere. Interview was similar to a conversation where they wanted to know more about you, the applicant. Standard interview questions and nothing difficult about them. Everyone involved at the school was extremely caring about the students and always open for questions. If you have an interview at CND, make sure to come with lots of questions. Results within 2-3 weeks. I can't wait!:xf:

^ what he said.

Only thing I wasn't a fan of is the "strict business professional" dress code.

Members don't see this ad :)

Did you hear anything from school yet? 2 weeks already...

PharmDec: Sorry took a while to respond. I got a letter in the mail on Mon Nov 23 saying I got in! However, the deadline for deposit was Dec 1, and I did not pay because I will be attending elsewhere...I had 3 interviews in 5 days, so I was waiting from those schools before I would submit more supplementals. I got in, so I am done applying this year. Good luck to all of you still applying.

PharmDec: Sorry took a while to respond. I got a letter in the mail on Mon Nov 23 saying I got in! However, the deadline for deposit was Dec 1, and I did not pay because I will be attending elsewhere...I had 3 interviews in 5 days, so I was waiting from those schools before I would submit more supplementals. I got in, so I am done applying this year. Good luck to all of you still applying.

Thanks and Congrat!!!!!
I haven't heard anything yet :(

I called the school and the recruiter said I got in!!!!!

I called the school and the recruiter said I got in!!!!!
Hey Christyso, so are you going there in the Fall or have you made up your mind yet? I was accepted too and have sent my deposit in.

I applied to the College of Notre Dame late October and I haven't heard anything from them?

You have to receive an email from them asking you to complete the supplemental application before you are called for an interview. Don't lose your hopes yet. Things will turn around soon.

If anyone hears anything frm the January interviews please post!

I just scheduled an interview in the upcoming 2 weeks. What do they mean by reviewing and discussing your transcript and pre-requisites? Do they go through each pre-req and discuss what grade you received and why?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just scheduled an interview in the upcoming 2 weeks. What do they mean by reviewing and discussing your transcript and pre-requisites? Do they go through each pre-req and discuss what grade you received and why?

They will tell you if you already met all pre-requisites;if not what specific classes you need to take before the Fall. Also if you took A&P and Microbiology in CC, you have to retake these classes in University.

I recieved the interview invitation so I scheduled it on 25th.

They will tell you if you already met all pre-requisites;if not what specific classes you need to take before the Fall. Also if you took A&P and Microbiology in CC, you have to retake these classes in University.

Hi Ligase. Are you sure that they ask to retake A&P and micro in University to students invited to the interview?

they do not ask you directly but they will give you evaluating forms to describe those courses you took in CC. If you are accepted, and decide to go there then you will have to retake them in University. I was accepted in November and am retaking thoses classes right now. You may also want to go to the school website to read their admission requirements. You will see something like this "Students taking science courses at community colleges should check with the School Office of Admissions to determine if the course will meet the pre-requisite requirement. It is unlikely that Anatomy and Physiology and Microbiology at community colleges will meet the pre-requisite requirement and applicants must take the course at a 4 year institution". Good luck on your interview!

Last edited:
Hey,
Did anyone else get into Notre Dame.. I am looking for a possible roommate.

I have an interview coming up from Notre Dame and was wondering if anyone who had a recent interview can provide some tips. What kind of questions do they ask? I looked at the interview feedback but the posts were a bit outdated. It appears (ccording to Interview Feedback) as though the questions they ask are tailored to your file. Is that true?

I have an interview coming up from Notre Dame and was wondering if anyone who had a recent interview can provide some tips. What kind of questions do they ask? I looked at the interview feedback but the posts were a bit outdated. It appears (ccording to Interview Feedback) as though the questions they ask are tailored to your file. Is that true?

Interview feedback was pretty helpful. There was a closed file interview and an open file interview. Expect questions about your file, experiences with group work, communication, and obviously why pharmacy. Hope that helps!

Thanks Cornhusker!

Would any one who go into Notre Dame this year mind telling me their stats?? I'm getting kind of nervous and was just curious. I haven't heard from any of the other schools I applied to yet. EeeEk

So am I correct in thinking, If you are asked to complete the supplemental app. You should get an interview?
Also anyone have updated interview feedback?

thanks
pharmDman

I completed my supp app around january(before they recieve any pcat)
now im just waiting for an interview:xf:
anyone know when the last interview date is going to be?

I completed my supplemental application in the evening and got my interview invitation on the next day.

I completed my supp app around january(before they recieve any pcat)
now im just waiting for an interview:xf:
anyone know when the last interview date is going to be?

I emailed the admissions assistant at Notre Dame about my scores from the Jan. 2010 PCAT, and he mentioned that they had yet to be received. That might be the hold-up, or maybe I'm just not that attractive an applicant. It would be great if you would post if you hear anything from them.

I got my acceptance packet in the mail the other day, but will be turning them down for another pharmacy school. So if you're currently waitlisted, you'll be bumped once they get my letter in a couple of days! Hope you all get in!

IndyPrePharm

Presbyterian College, SC - Interview 2/16
College of Notre Dame of Maryland - Interview 2/19 - Accepted 3/5! :banana:
Pacific University, OR - Interview 2/27 - Accepted 3/4! :soexcited:

Also, don't sweat the PCAT. I took mine last August...did terrible...and still got accepted. I don't think they put too much emphasis on it.

Your best bet is BWI off of 97. Then you will have to travel around 695 to N charles street. Its not that bad
good luck

Well,

I received an interview invitation e-mail this morning with three possible dates, and have chosen the earliest date (March 29) that they listed. Hope to see some of you there, and good luck to everyone.

Does Notre Dame notify you only if you are accepted or waitlisted? I had my interview on 2/26 and have not heard anything from them yet. I was just wondering if any one else has received anything.

I think I may have had my interview that day, maybe not, but I got a letter on Thursday saying I was waitlisted. Just my opinion, but if you haven't heard yet it is probably good news considering they have more info to put together to send you, that is assuming that they don't call you in person to notify you of acceptance, and I can't imagine a rejection letter coming later than a waitlisted letter.

britelips ur probably accepted it takes about two weeks from ur interview to get the big brown envelope... goodluck!

I think I may have had my interview that day, maybe not, but I got a letter on Thursday saying I was waitlisted. Just my opinion, but if you haven't heard yet it is probably good news considering they have more info to put together to send you, that is assuming that they don't call you in person to notify you of acceptance, and I can't imagine a rejection letter coming later than a waitlisted letter.

Did you get a letter AND an email? Or are the notifications all by mail? You interviewed that day? What were you wearing?!

sorry, i'm super antsy right now

Last edited:
Got my acceptance letter in the mail today!! The anxiety is ovvvveeer.

I'm down for a roommate =)

sigh still waiting to here, called two weeks ago and was told my application was in reivew. :confused::scared:

Got my acceptance letter in the mail today!! The anxiety is ovvvveeer.

I'm down for a roommate =)

awesome and congrats. i'm still waiting for a decision even though i had my interview like a week before you. i wonder what that means?

If any1 needs help in finding potential apts, send me a msg. =)

awesome and congrats. i'm still waiting for a decision even though i had my interview like a week before you. i wonder what that means?

Have you tried calling Mr. Shattuck? You should've gotten something by now ...

Have you tried calling Mr. Shattuck? You should've gotten something by now ...

I was just going to be patient and wait it out... but now that some of you guys have received responses I'm a little anxious to find out what my deal is... or maybe there's a problem somewhere with my application. I'll give him a call tomorrow to see what my status is.

I was just going to be patient and wait it out... but now that some of you guys have received responses I'm a little anxious to find out what my deal is... or maybe there's a problem somewhere with my application. I'll give him a call tomorrow to see what my status is.

When did you go to the interview? My bf went to the March 8 interview and he received an acceptance letter in the mail this afternoon. Good luck!

When did you go to the interview? My bf went to the March 8 interview and he received an acceptance letter in the mail this afternoon. Good luck!

really? congrats to him. as for me, i went on feb. 15th and nothing yet...sheesh... not looking too good for me. :(

so apparently I got in after talking to Mr. Shattuck. he said that they sent out the acceptance letters last thursday and was surprised I didn't get mine yet. i live in cali so maybe that's the hold up... maybe i'll get the letter in a couple of days. he said he would send out another packet to me just in case. in any case, i'm accepted and so excited!!!

Also, don't sweat the PCAT. I took mine last August...did terrible...and still got accepted. I don't think they put too much emphasis on it.

Just out of curiosity what were your application stats then?

thanks