Colarado School of Dental Medicine Interview calls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know about those dental compressors on eBay from china? are they worth the money?
has any one tried them? I appreciate any help. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

drmajesty can you please elaborate on the "tricky question" part. Will really appreciate it.
Thanks.[/Q]

you know, for example they may ask introduce yourself. u should be so confident to say something about yourself which makes u different. every body can say ordinary things but they definitely are looking for special students. that's why I know few students with wonderful application and bench exam who they got rejected previous years.

Does anyone know about those dental compressors on eBay from china? are they worth the money?
has any one tried them? I appreciate any help. Thanks

I purchased one of them from china and got it after 14 business days. yeah they work like charm!! however u must buy the air compressor separately which makes a lot of noise. sometimes I used noise canceling earplugs to help me concentrate on my preps :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I purchased one of them from china and got it after 14 business days. yeah they work like charm!! however u must buy the air compressor separately which makes a lot of noise. sometimes I used noise canceling earplugs to help me concentrate on my preps :D

Thank you for the advise ! did you mean I should buy 2 units?

Thank you for the advise ! did you mean I should buy 2 units?

No, they only will send you portable dental unit not air compressor. you have to buy the air compressor from another store and connect it to your unit.

No, they only will send you portable dental unit not air compressor. you have to buy the air compressor from another store and connect it to your unit.

got it ! thanks a lot.

Thank you drmajestry for sharing your experience. Can you please tell what kinds of wax exercises do they ask? I am very tensed about the wax exercises. On which tooth they make you prepare class II and crown prep. Did you do any classes for the bench test? Thanks.

drmajesty can you please elaborate on the "tricky question" part. Will really appreciate it.
Thanks.[/Q]

you know, for example they may ask introduce yourself. u should be so confident to say something about yourself which makes u different. every body can say ordinary things but they definitely are looking for special students. that's why I know few students with wonderful application and bench exam who they got rejected previous years.
Thank you drmajesty.. :)

Hi Drmajesty... can you elaborate on your interview experience and bench test exercise?
Which procedures on which teeth?

I would like to request other students to share their experience as well who had their interviews last week.

Thanks for help till now.

hey anybody wants to share accomodation on 19th april in colorado. I am joining danty course.anybody willing to share let me know.

Hello everyone, does any one knows if they finished sending out interview invitations for the batch in May? Thank you.

Could you recommend any type or brand for the air compressor ? I'd appreciate it .

Members don't see this ad :)
hey everyone,does anybody know what type of typhodont and burs should i buy for practicing ?
Thank you

Reactions: 1 user
anybody interested in sharing accomodation in colorado denver for may 11th ,2013

Does anyone know if they finished sending out the invitations for May? or have they send out any invitations for June? thank you.

Hi,
My stats are Toefl 101, GPA 3.81, Passed NBDE part I,Did my MBA in Health System and worked for 9 months in USA for a Company as Developer of a reporting tool(basically dealing with business analysts and team members), worked in call center at school for about an year,Volunteered all together like 3-4 months.Applied for colorado university.
Now the question is will i be called for an interview...or they done inviting people for May and June??Any chances for me :)
Can i apply to schools so that they call me or write part II and thn see??

Do reply regarding this,any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Hey guyz..... astonished to c this thread nt movng frwrd in my absence...... Hey...dis is one cool school with Interviewers talkng to u in a family manner... Dr. Towne is jst gr8 n cool personality ...so is Jane miller...... jst b urself guyz...... nt mch problem wid interviews...so b prepared fr sure but itz going to b friendly....Bench exam is alwaz difficult no matter where u appear bcoz itz d one chance n v all ve d nerves......here itz in indirect vision.....practice n practice hard......wax exercises mst b practiced to ve a feel.....u can control the speed of electronic handpieces n dis is d best part of d exam.....two places to stay...springhill suites n double tree.... same expenses......better n closer is springhill suites..walking is max 15 mins....ask fr ur discount b4 booking.... catch a bus 15 d after exam n go to little india at denver... a restaurant... enjoy vodka n chill or else ur choice.....i thnk dis vl help u guyz to ve ur exam..... rest watz dere in exam, Won't disclose.... try n contact earlier threads of colarado they r extremely helpful n nearly correct....I follwed dem.....LOLZ

Reactions: 1 user
how much time candidates get to prepare for teh bench exam?

Hey guyz anyone got interview invitation for June batch. plz respond. As they told this week June interview will be out.

Thanks

Yes I just received it via email.

Total time they give u fr two preparations + 3 wax exercises is 3hrs...So manage time
properly...i mean u must have atleast 1hr 15 mins for wax exercises....keep a track of
time.:thumbup:

hey! Even I received an IV call for 8th june.
guys I need your advice on the danty dental course...pls pls pls do respond...

I got an IV for june 8th. any female would like to share accommodation, plz message me

good luck,

Hey can anyone tell me where to do bench exam prep from in san francisco or san jose area.

Hey..

I got an iv call tooo...Are we not allowed to use our own wax carving instruments? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

i think for wax carving we ve to use only one instrument. and they will provide us. ( i maybe wrong but this is what i understood)

Yes... dey vl give u a hatch carver...but itz d same kind v use....nothing else is needed fr wax exercises.....so don wry...:thumbup:

Can anybody tell me where do to bench exam prep from? M in Bay Area.

Also where can I get silent compressor from.

hey anybody wants to share accomodation on 19th april in colorado. I am joining danty course.anybody willing to share let me know.
furdento11..I read that you were joining the danty dental course.could you pls give me an insight into it.Is it good enough?

Any female to share accommodation at CO on june 8th..........

Hi !..can anyone suggest me a good bench test course in colorado ?..pls respond..

droptimistic... i will find out only on the final day..other then that it was really helpful. They are 4doctors and they concentrate and help you.

furdento11 can you give me the phone phone number of that bench exam prep course please. desperately need it.

Any female who wants to share accommodation on May 10th please PM me.

droptimistic... i will find out only on the final day..other then that it was really helpful. They are 4doctors and they concentrate and help you.
thanx a lot furdento1..!..could you please forward the contact details...

furdento11 can you give me the phone phone number of that bench exam prep course please. desperately need it.
AmT ..did u get any details about any bench test course in colorado?..if so pls do letme know..

No I haven't got it. Still waiting for someone to tell me. If u find out plz forward it to me.

can any one explain to me please . I want to apply to Colorado this year 2013 . on their web site they say that they are receiving applications for the class starting 2014 , and they say , that the dead line for the CAAPID applications is feb 15th. so i do not get it how are they getting apps for 2014 and the dead line is due . some help please who applied .

when did you start your application please ?

can any one explain to me please . I want to apply to Colorado this year 2013 . on their web site they say that they are receiving applications for the class starting 2014 , and they say , that the dead line for the CAAPID applications is feb 15th. so i do not get it how are they getting apps for 2014 and the dead line is due . some help please who applied .
Habo: The deadline has already passed for the class entering in 2014. You will have to apply for the 2015 class intake. They have deadlines almost a year earlier to the start date.. Hope that helps!!!

Can anyone tell me which hand piece is used in Colorado 4 holes or 2 holes one?

Can anyone plzz tell me which compressor to buy?