Clinical Toxicology Fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
W

whitewasheddesi

When I try googling this, I find mostly Medical Toxicology Fellowships. I have only been able to find four so far - Syracuse, UPMC, UNM and UM Poison Center
I was wondering if anyone knew of more toxicology fellowships and where they are.

Members don't see this ad.

Medical Toxicology and you're a pharmacist, is that possible?

I definitely know of UMD and UNM.

There is a 2 year program at Shands in Jacksonville, FL that combines a tox fellowship and an emergency medicine residency. I don't know the specifics - I heard it was too tox-y for my ED friends and too residency-like for the people who want a fellowship. (Since I go to UNM I can talk with the tox fellows and ask them such things)

Members don't see this ad :)
I definitely know of UMD and UNM.

There is a 2 year program at Shands in Jacksonville, FL that combines a tox fellowship and an emergency medicine residency.(Since I go to UNM I can talk with the tox fellows and ask them such things)

Oh... I have seen the Shands Jacksonville, but I though it was more ED. Hmmm...but if they do have a specific tox program, they don't mention training students to attain the ABAT certification. I would appreciate you asking your professors...thanks.

Yeah I've heard of the Shands program. A pharmacist I know used to work at that tox center and loved it. UF also offers masters degrees in toxicology through the college of pharmacy. Google it and it should come up. I'm actually planning on taking some of those classes during my rotation year. Woo.

Oh... I have seen the Shands Jacksonville, but I though it was more ED. Hmmm...but if they do have a specific tox program, they don't mention training students to attain the ABAT certification. I would appreciate you asking your professors...thanks.

spoke with the head of our poison center/tox fellowship. He said he's pretty sure that you can take ABAT after those 2 years. It's not a specific tox program - it's combined ED/tox, but I don't know tons about it because there's like ZERO information online. Not on the Shands website or the UofF college of pharmacy website. Just the name of the current resident/fellow.

Thanks NJAC. I've heard that you can apply for DABAT certification after Ed residency, just wasnt sure. Plus, the program at Syracuse is so clearly shown. Click THE link.
The Clinical Toxicology Fellowship in Maryland is also clearly explained, same is true at the one at UNM, but gahhhhh, why not more?!?!!

I would love if the Poison control center at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia starts a fellowship in partnership with our university. I bet goddamn Jefferson will get them first! ugh.

Also, does anyone know any specific jobs besides the poison control centers and academia tht the fellows can look forward to getting?