LSU Class of 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DS2000

Reaction score
Hey guys! I didn’t need a thread for people applying to Louisiana State this round so I decided to make one! :)

Members don't see this ad.

First time OOS😀😀

Reactions: 1 user
Same! 1st time applicant OOS, I added Louisiana last minute since I hadn't really heard anything about them until recently

Members don't see this ad :)
Apparently LSU only moves the top ~150 GPA OOS applicants to file review each year. Does anyone know what the typical cut off is for that GPA threshold?

Im sure it changes yearly - but I want to know if I even stand a chance to move on to file review with my GPA (3.68 cum)

Apparently LSU only moves the top ~150 GPA OOS applicants to file review each year. Does anyone know what the typical cut off is for that GPA threshold?

Im sure it changes yearly - but I want to know if I even stand a chance to move on to file review with my GPA (3.68 cum)
Wow I actually didn't know that. Do you know what the GPA cut off was last year?

Hi. I'm first year OOS applicant under the 3+1 program there. I'm currently a Jr at LSU.

1st time IS applicant! Sorry I don't have any advice or knowledge about OOS for all y'all. :(

Wow I actually didn't know that. Do you know what the GPA cut off was last year?
So I'm not entirely sure but if you look at the last class stats the range of applicant GPAs is wide.

OOS required courses was 3.03-4.0 and last 45 was 3.43-4.0
This was just students who enrolled in the class as far as I can tell, not all that were interviewed or reviewed.

Hopefully that gives you some piece of mind, it definitely did for me!

Reactions: 1 users
So I'm not entirely sure but if you look at the last class stats the range of applicant GPAs is wide.

OOS required courses was 3.03-4.0 and last 45 was 3.43-4.0
This was just students who enrolled in the class as far as I can tell, not all that were interviewed or reviewed.

Hopefully that gives you some piece of mind, it definitely did for me!
Oof that stings. I didn't apply there again this cycle due to them looking at so few OOS applicants. I wish I had looked at their range from last year.

For anyone considering applying to LSU next cycle, they've increased their class size to 130, and it looks like most of the extra seats are OOS. The dean is from the UK and trying to increase the number of admitted students even more. So I think they're trying to increase their IS/OOS ratio! (For reference, this c/o 2026 was 50% IS while c/o 2023 was 60% IS.)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Might be worth checking the admissions portal y'all. I'm OOS and got an update in the portal that I was now in folder review.

Might be worth checking the admissions portal y'all. I'm OOS and got an update in the portal that I was now in folder review.
Congrats!! Unfortunately I did not make it into the top 150 OOS applicants this cycle.
Best of luck to all applying 🙂

• Care
OOS denied, GPA did not make the cut. My stats were 3.68 overall and 3.45 science :(

• Care
OOS denied :( Good luck to everyone else!

Last edited:
  • Care
OOS denied, good luck everyone moving forward you got this!

• Care
Made it to folder review, OOS. Do they really only look at 150 OOS applications?

• Love
Made it to folder review, OOS. Do they really only look at 150 OOS applications?
Guess so. :/ Do you mind sharing your stats? I’m just trying to see what the cutoff might look like!

They only put forward the top 150 OOS candidates and they had 500 OOS apps this year. At least that is what it said in the rejection explanation on my status page

They only put forward the top 150 OOS candidates and they had 500 OOS apps this year. At least that is what it said in the rejection explanation on my status page
Oh that’s surprising. Thank you for your response. I’m sorry you got bad news. Good luck with your other applications!!

• Care
I'm OOS and I'm also in folder review now

I just noticed that LSU groups Arkansas and Puerto Rico applicants with In State for the purposes of folder review and interviews. Is it wishful thinking on my part that we would also get In State tuition if accepted?

I wish I knew prior to applying they only even look at 150 applicants…my gpa was the weakest part of my application.

I just noticed that LSU groups Arkansas and Puerto Rico applicants with In State for the purposes of folder review and interviews. Is it wishful thinking on my part that we would also get In State tuition if accepted?
If Arkansas has contract seats with LSU they likely have their tuition subsidized by their state as well. I’m an AL resident so I’m straight up in state at auburn, but I go to school in SC, who contracts out at UGA, MISS, and Tuskegee and their residents get tuition cuts if they get a contract seat to my knowledge

OOS denied - my GPAs are pretty high so we must be a very competitive group! Good luck to everyone moving forward, I know you all will do great!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
1st time OOS currently under file review. Good luck everybody!

I don't know about Puerto Rico, but LSU has 9 contract seats with Arkansas for in-state tuition since Arkansas does not have a veterinary school. At least for Arkansas, acceptance does not mean automatic in-state tuition. For the class of 2026, 17 students from Arkansas enrolled, but only 9 of those receive in-state tuition. They are essentially treated as in-state students during the application review process, though!

By the way, first time applicant here! I'm from Arkansas so kinda OOS, kinda IS.

Thank you!! I’m from Puerto Rico and made it to folder review
I don't know about Puerto Rico, but LSU has 9 contract seats with Arkansas for in-state tuition since Arkansas does not have a veterinary school. At least for Arkansas, acceptance does not mean automatic in-state tuition. For the class of 2026, 17 students from Arkansas enrolled, but only 9 of those receive in-state tuition. They are essentially treated as in-state students during the application review process, though!

By the way, first time applicant here! I'm from Arkansas so kinda OOS, kinda IS.

Does anyone know when they usually send out interview invites for OOS or IS?

Does anyone know when they usually send out interview invites for OOS or IS?
I looked back on SDN for the past 3 cycles and it seems they didn't do OOS interviews and released decisions for OOS applicants around December 17th. Based on the portal it sounds like they are doing interviews for OOS applicants this year so maybe we'll hear something soon.

If there are any other Puerto Ricans in this thread, I attended a Zoom tonight with LSU and they clarified that Puerto Ricans are classified as Out Of State for tuition purposes.

I thought their site says they look at each app to see that the app meets their required GPA and then do not consider the GPAs again (meaning they focus on the rest of the app=more holistic)…

I thought their site says they look at each app to see that the app meets their required GPA and then do not consider the GPAs again (meaning they focus on the rest of the app=more holistic)…
That’s what I thought too made me waste my time on an application, I should of stuck with Mississippi

Correct, but they only holistically evaluate the top ~150 GPA

That’s what I thought too made me waste my time on an application, I should of stuck with Mississippi
Was Mississippi different? I feel like I wasted my time with LSU too. Just checked the portal and was OOS denied. I have a lower GPA 3.2 but tons of vet hours, undergrad research, in grad school now, glowing letters etc. I was hoping LSU would look at my app. The application process is so draining.

• Sad
Correct, but they only holistically evaluate the top ~150 GPA
That’s frustrating. I wish that was listed somewhere so I could’ve saved myself the app fees. Perhaps it is on their site and I missed it.

Was Mississippi different? I feel like I wasted my time with LSU too. Just checked the portal and was OOS denied. I have a lower GPA 3.2 but tons of vet hours, undergrad research, in grad school now, glowing letters etc. I was hoping LSU would look at my app. The application process is so draining.
There gpa range for 2026 was 3.02-4.0 so I am assuming it is not gpa focused on the top 150 OOS. I feel the same as you, the fact that they had a supplemental fee on top of the regular application fee just to look at my gpa and throwing me to the bin is annoying and leaves a sour taste in my mouth to be honest.

I checked LSU‘S website again and I found they said they only check the top 200-300 OOS. Sad that I missed that during applying but also kinda weird how they say 200-300 but only did 150 this time.

OOS has heard back on the third week of December (Thursday or Friday) for the past three years on SDN. So today could be the day…

OOS has heard back on the third week of December (Thursday or Friday) for the past three years on SDN. So today could be the day…
Anyone know about IS though? Very anxious. Good luck everyone!!

I JUST now thought of this, but the decisions may be delayed since LSU was closed Wednesday. We had some majorly bad weather. Tornadoes everywhere o_O

I JUST now thought of this, but the decisions may be delayed since LSU was closed Wednesday. We had some majorly bad weather. Tornadoes everywhere o_O
IS applicant. I thought today would be the day for sure… most likely Monday or Tuesday now.

Someone on APVMA Facebook page said they were denied on Friday