Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Bumping this...how much time are you in class and/or lab each day at Temple?

Members don't see this ad.

How are you all currently preparing for Step I? I'm planning on trying to go through Physiology and LEA this semester and finishing off Micro over spring break. That'll hopefully make a big dent before we finish the semester in May, allowing me the remaining 2 months to cover the rest and polish everything.

Reactions: 2 users
Bumping this...how much time are you in class and/or lab each day at Temple?
I think it was decided that this thread won't be a Q&A for underclassmen or prepods, but if you ask me this question in another thread (search for a 2020 Q&A thread or a Temple Q&A thread) I'll gladly answer it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
How are you all currently preparing for Step I? I'm planning on trying to go through Physiology and LEA this semester and finishing off Micro over spring break. That'll hopefully make a big dent before we finish the semester in May, allowing me the remaining 2 months to cover the rest and polish everything.
I'm currently just skimming all my boards materials once, just to get a feel for how much material it is and maybe have a very very very basic idea of it all. Once I really get into it I'm gonna memorize starting from the big subjects down, so LEA then pharm and micro/immuno then physio then pathology etc. Also apparently TUSPM has a review course that will be covering First Aid and I haven't really reconciled that course with my other prepping plans. We're starting that course with biochem, which is basically the last thing I was planning on memorizing myself since it's only 7% of the exam. So assuming that we're going through First Aid in the order that it's written the study plan for that course will be completely disorganized from my personal study plan. Sooo......yea.......

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Yo 2020 peeps, specifications for the upcoming part 1 exam are changing based on a practice analysis that was completed last year.

OLD APMLE PART 1 SPECIFICATIONS
Lower Extremity Anatomy
- 25%
Pharmacology - 15%
Microbiology/Immunology - 15%
Physiology - 13%
General Anatomy - 13%
Pathology - 12%
Biochemistry - 7%

NEW APMLE PART 1 SPECIFICATIONS
Lower Extremity Anatomy
- 25%
Pharmacology - 13%
Microbiology/Immunology - 13%
Physiology - 13%
General Anatomy - 13%
Pathology - 13%
Biochemistry - 10%

Reactions: 1 users
Yo 2020 peeps, specifications for the upcoming part 1 exam are changing based on a practice analysis that was completed last year.

OLD APMLE PART 1 SPECIFICATIONS
Lower Extremity Anatomy
- 25%
Pharmacology - 15%
Microbiology/Immunology - 15%
Physiology - 13%
General Anatomy - 13%
Pathology - 12%
Biochemistry - 7%

NEW APMLE PART 1 SPECIFICATIONS
Lower Extremity Anatomy
- 25%
Pharmacology - 13%
Microbiology/Immunology - 13%
Physiology - 13%
General Anatomy - 13%
Pathology - 13%
Biochemistry - 10%
Really? We've gotten no word of this. This seems like crappy changes

New bulletin should be out around this week so you can confirm.

Enviado desde mi Pixel mediante Tapatalk
I love micro, so this kinda hurts me. Micro and lower are like my best subjects

I love micro, so this kinda hurts me. Micro and lower are like my best subjects
I dislike pharm and micro the most so I'm personally kind of happy they're both going down a bit, but what I dislike is that now you have 5/7 of the subjects all worth the same percentage so it really does away with any strategy of focusing more so on the higher percentage subjects. At this point you'll now have to focus pretty evenly on everything except biochem.

I dislike pharm and micro the most so I'm personally kind of happy they're both going down a bit, but what I dislike is that now you have 5/7 of the subjects all worth the same percentage so it really does away with any strategy of focusing more so on the higher percentage subjects. At this point you'll now have to focus pretty evenly on everything except biochem.

AMPLE is sadly mistaken if they think I'm going to go back and relearn every detail of all the biochem pathways we had to memorize 1st year

Does Temple still have a podiatry school standing after last night?

Reactions: 4 users
Does Temple still have a podiatry school standing after last night?
I wish not, but unfortunately we still have classes starting in about half an hour.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you guys using your lectures notes to prepare for Part 1?

I was just wondering if it's worth saving the class notes. I usually print our ppts and take notes on it so will have a big folder by 2nd year.

Thanks!

I was just wondering if it's worth saving the class notes. I usually print our ppts and take notes on it so will have a big folder by 2nd year.

Thanks![/QUOTE

I didn't bother with class notes. I thought they were too dense for most subjects. They will help if you need some extra clarification on the subject matter. Feel free to message me if you have any questions regarding study materials!

Thanks!
I have them saved in notability but no way I’ll use them for boards. Too broad and too specific at the same time. I’m studying with lower notes, sketchy, and usmle

I have them saved in notability but no way I’ll use them for boards. Too broad and too specific at the same time. I’m studying with lower notes, sketchy, and usmle

Thanks.

Good luck to all of you taking it soon. If you get some time after the test, then please post a review of your thoughts about the exam and the used resources.

Hi! Question about studying at Temple/Philly in general -- I interviewed/got accepted at the school, and am very interested in attending, but my only concern is that it didn't seem like the Temple Pod facility had a lot of study areas. I saw the library, but was wondering if there are other study lounges in the building? Could you touch on preferred study locations in general? Thanks!

Hi! Question about studying at Temple/Philly in general -- I interviewed/got accepted at the school, and am very interested in attending, but my only concern is that it didn't seem like the Temple Pod facility had a lot of study areas. I saw the library, but was wondering if there are other study lounges in the building? Could you touch on preferred study locations in general? Thanks!
People study in the library, in the 4th floor computer lab (nobody uses this lab, it's pretty much always empty), in the classrooms (when there's no class), or in the student lounge. There are also some conference rooms on the upper floors that you can group study in sometimes. Those places are all open when the main podiatry building is open. There is also a study area on the 1st floor of the dorm building that you would have access to 24 hours/day 7 days/week.

Of course you also have access to the study facilities and library at the Temple main campus. Some people also study at other universities or Starbucks or any number of other places, depending on where they live.

Then again you could always do like @bobtheweazel, be a hermit, and study exclusively from home.

Last edited:
People study in the library, in the 4th floor computer lab (nobody uses this lab, it's pretty much always empty), in the classrooms (when there's no class), or in the student lounge. There are also some conference rooms on the upper floors that you can group study in sometimes. Those places are all open when the main podiatry building is open. There is also a study area on the 1st floor of the dorm building that you would have access to 24 hours/day 7 days/week.

Of course you also have access to the study facilities and library at the Temple main campus. Some people also study at other universities or Starbucks or any number of other places, depending on where they live.

Then again you could always do like @bobtheweazel, be a hermit, and study exclusively from home.

Thanks for the reply back! Ok this is helpful; and we are open to study at the Health Sciences (med school) facility, too, right?

Bump.

How is everyone doing? My first few elective rotations have gone well and this month is also going well.

Side note: Officially a year (minus a few days) till match day for the class of 2020!

It's going okay, but stressful. I ended up with a demanding and competitive program for my 1st externship, so I'm pretty much working my tail off daily. It'll be good experience for going forward though.